News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Politics around the world

Started by CTG, November 17, 2006, 11:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somehow I think Obama won't be a president for a long time. What do you think?

He'll be the president for 8 years.
7 (31.8%)
He'll be the president for 4 years.
7 (31.8%)
He'll fail earlier because of the economical crisis.
1 (4.5%)
He'll be murdered earlier by terrorists/Ku Klux Klan/McCain/Hillary Clinton :D
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

alanrotoi

G20 in Buenos Aires the November 30th.

zaqrack

Our asshole PM just sent congratulations to yours, expressing his gratitude that he won by sharing the same values as he does.
Yay. I pray for the economic crisis to hit for all these fuckheads to take the blame and fade away finally.

Quote from: Duplode on November 12, 2018, 12:00:51 AM
Quote from: Shoegazing Leo on October 28, 2018, 11:14:50 PM
RIP Brazil. The fascists won...

A little over three years ago, I posted this:

Quote from: Duplode on August 16, 2015, 11:16:37 PM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on August 16, 2015, 11:18:55 AM
What's happening in Brazil? Duplode? Leo?

Economic downturn + corruption scandals + a politically weak and generally adrift government => demonstrators and sectors of the opposition (*) crying "Impeachment!". That has been the default state of affairs since January, so there is nothing to be too overtly worried about (**).

(*) I'd rather say overexcited demonstrators and sectors of agitators within the opposition, but that's my own political slant, and so YMMV.

(**) Of course the three things I listed at the beginning are quite worrying. I just mean we are not at the brink of an institutional crisis or anything really serious like that.

And look where we are now. That should teach me not to tempt fate...

Duplode

Quote from: zaqrack on November 19, 2018, 06:34:00 PM
Our asshole PM just sent congratulations to yours, expressing his gratitude that he won by sharing the same values as he does.

Bolsonaro's remarks on this exchange of pleasantries included a stupefying quote about dictatorships (I won't pollute the server by reproducing it here). But who am I kidding? In an age of post-truth, gall becomes a virtue.

CTG

Trump is 73 and probably infected by COVID (after meeting the BRA president). Hmmm...

dreadnaut

Quote from: CTG on March 13, 2020, 03:30:23 PM
Trump is 73 and probably infected by COVID (after meeting the BRA president). Hmmm...

But the layer of clay and makeup that cover his skin protects him from most diseases, and small caliber weapons :o

CTG

Quote from: dreadnaut on March 13, 2020, 09:25:00 PM
Quote from: CTG on March 13, 2020, 03:30:23 PM

But the layer of clay and makeup that cover his skin protects him from most diseases, and small caliber weapons :o

;D ;D ;D

Cas

A number of politicians in different positions in many countries have already confirmed the are infected. I've read about several different of those cases in the news and already forgot from which countries and in which positions, but yeah, ha, ha. Argentina's de-facto dictator and her puppet seem to be doing quite well so far, but considering that South America has been the last part of the world to get its sip of the virus, it's not surprising cases have not yet shot up so high. And considering how terribly disorganised our countries are, it makes sense to think we'll eventually develop a situation worse than that of most European countries. So... if we civilians are going to eat Covy, it'd be fair our disgusting politicians have to deal with him as well! :P
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

CTG

Back to USA and to the age of president candidates:
Trump 73, Biden 77, Sanders 78 (okay, he's out).

At the end of the next presidental term, the boss will be 78 or 82y old. Is it really good for us to give the power to potentially demented dinosaurs?

Usrin

Quote from: CTG on April 14, 2020, 11:27:01 AM
Back to USA and to the age of president candidates:
Trump 73, Biden 77, Sanders 78 (okay, he's out).

At the end of the next presidental term, the boss will be 78 or 82y old. Is it really good for us to give the power to potentially demented dinosaurs?

I am looking forward to see the vice presidential candidates. He/she will automatically get the seat if something happens to the president, and that was never as probable as now.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

afullo

Italian Presidents of the Republic are usually even older, but their role is more ceremonial than other (like the King or the Queen in the monarchies), and it has nothing to do with the position of Prime Minister or however leader of the government...

CTG

Ah, the George Floyd hysteria... Now really, don't we have 32535631425134645643 more important issues in real life than a dead... uhm... what is the politically correct expression for these beings?

Imagine if the policeman was also a black guy. Then it's a simple police abuse.

I'm sick of this overliberalized world with GDPR, political correctness, 21st century first world problems, negro/turkish/arabian European "national" football teams and the fade of classic European/American culture...

Overdrijf

Quote from: CTG on May 31, 2020, 11:30:17 PMImagine if the policeman was also a black guy. Then it's a simple police abuse.

It would be. And that would be a problem.

Unfortunately, that's not what happened, and that's not the reoccurring pattern. So it's both a socio-political minefield and a problem.

dreadnaut

Quote from: CTG on May 31, 2020, 11:30:17 PM
I'm sick of this overliberalized world with GDPR, political correctness, 21st century first world problems, negro/turkish/arabian European "national" football teams and the fade of classic European/American culture...

What's this, "ah, the good old days"? Getting old and conservative?

The 21st century can bring its problems on, but people need to work on fixing them, instead of closing doors and pretend they are not there. Some old days were good for some people, but it turns out it was a minority, and often at the expenses of others. Some rebalancing is going to happen, and you can be responsive, and maybe help direct the change, or defensive and have no say in the process.

CTG

Quote from: dreadnaut on May 31, 2020, 11:58:09 PM

What's this, "ah, the good old days"? Getting old and conservative?

The 21st century can bring its problems on, but people need to work on fixing them, instead of closing doors and pretend they are not there. Some old days were good for some people, but it turns out it was a minority, and often at the expenses of others. Some rebalancing is going to happen, and you can be responsive, and maybe help direct the change, or defensive and have no say in the process.

Actually, I still belong to the extreme right wing. For me, Orbán and Trump are just dumb and populist shitheads with no real intention to behave like a real right wing politican. (While liberals think Orbán is a "nazi dictator". LOL. He's not.)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Ah, the George Floyd hysteria... Now really, don't we have 32535631425134645643 more important issues in real life than a dead... uhm... what is the politically correct expression for these beings?

Imagine if the policeman was also a black guy. Then it's a simple police abuse.

I hate policemen (and especially policewomen) enough to find this case important. For me, it is not about torturing niggers, rather about the police-terrorism which is also present in Hungary.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km