News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ISM 2007 - Preview

Started by Mark L. Rivers, December 16, 2006, 07:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

What kind of contest will be ISM 2007?
Well, the event is born thinking to see in action the most expert and fast Stunts drivers in a contest quite difficult to permit them to express all their mastery but not so hard to erase from the race the real essence of the Game, that is fun. Anyway, the formule of the event (three tracks and total sum of each time of them to win), and the kind of tracks choosen (very different each other),
should elect the most complete Stunts driver, at least between participant, sure.

And now, a very short description of what drivers will find when they?ll start their engines:

Track A
Drive your Porsche 962 fastest as possible without stay on conventional track: this is the mission to accept if you want to put your wheels ahead your opponents. Pure tecnique at work?

Track B
Simple race = Easy win? OK. No shortcuts, no tricks. Only pure ability to drive your Jaguar XJR9 like a rocket through fast curves, chicanes and 2 jumps of a simple and short track. Fingers in action for a millisecond race...

Track C
Weird, strange, crazy: choose an adjective to describe the track where you'll drive your NSX Acura through all kinds of obstacles. Obviously, with a long, long Powergear not so easy to keep....

OK, it remains only to wait only few days to see a real passion in action?  :)

Krys TOFF

Track A : something like last SC track. I trained well on it in order to prepare ISM event, but I'm not the only one : BJ trained very well too...
Track B : sharp race expected then, like WRC Stunts. I like that.
Track C : will we have to expect an Alain's track like in some tracks of the early days of FSC  back in 2002-2003 ? Or crazy bugs like the new track of USC ? Only a few days left to know.

BonzaiJoe

Track 3 will definitely be the key track, if the winner is determined by time-difference. It sounds like an interesting competition. Hope I can join, and that not too much will be demanded in the days up to the 16th of January :)
But we can't be quite sure.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on December 16, 2006, 11:46:39 PM
Track 3 will definitely be the key track, if the winner is determined by time-difference.

I?ve just realized to have made a mistake writing preview!   :o
As I written in ISM site since first advertisements, formule of the event is

three tracks and total sum of each SCORE of them to win,

and not

three tracks and total sum of each TIME of them to win.

Sorry for the mistake?   ::)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. Riversthree tracks and total sum of each SCORE of them to win,
and not
three tracks and total sum of each TIME of them to win.
This is an important difference, especially according to potential NSX powergear tricks on 3rd track => huge time difference expected on track C compared to the other 2.
Why not making the 2 overall scoreboards like WRC Stunts : winner is sum of points, "yellow shirt award" (inspired by cyclist Tour de France) is for less additionnal time.

Krys TOFF

Track C will show huge time difference between manual gears pipsqueaks and auto gears pipsqueaks, that's sure now.
Tracks A and B will be RH mastering on every corner, especially the B one.

One last thing : it's nice to see SuperBrian leading track A scoreboard so far. ;D

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Krys TOFFWhy not making the 2 overall scoreboards like WRC Stunts : winner is sum of points, "yellow shirt award" (inspired by cyclist Tour de France) is for less additionnal time.
UP ! Any comment about this idea Mark ? Tracks A and B will have sharp scoreboards, but with track C there will probably be bigger time difference and then the score winner is not necessary the "yellow shirt award" winner (look at WRC Stunts : Gutix will win and Zak will have the "yellow shirt"). ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 22, 2006, 03:36:11 PM
Quote from: Krys TOFFWhy not making the 2 overall scoreboards like WRC Stunts : winner is sum of points, "yellow shirt award" (inspired by cyclist Tour de France) is for less additionnal time.
UP ! Any comment about this idea Mark ? Tracks A and B will have sharp scoreboards, but with track C there will probably be bigger time difference and then the score winner is not necessary the "yellow shirt award" winner (look at WRC Stunts : Gutix will win and Zak will have the "yellow shirt"). ;)

Well, about your idea I think that sum of times should be reward in some way...  and not only platonically...  ;)
So I'm thinking to introduce (we are still at beginning...) a new scoring rule: 2 additional points for less additional time. This should be an incentive to improve own time in every track even if this could mean no change of position or no additional point for leading time...  :)
It's futile to say this will be additional job for event manager...  ;)

Anyway, sure I would decide about this within tomorrow, so... any comment about this possible news is welcome!

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on December 23, 2006, 02:11:49 PM
Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 22, 2006, 03:36:11 PM

Well, about your idea I think that sum of times should be reward in some way...  and not only platonically...  ;)
So I'm thinking to introduce (we are still at beginning...) a new scoring rule: 2 additional points for less additional time. This should be an incentive to improve own time in every track even if this could mean no change of position or no additional point for leading time...

No comments about this possible new scoring rule?   ;)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on December 27, 2006, 10:36:53 PM
Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on December 23, 2006, 02:11:49 PM
So I'm thinking to introduce (we are still at beginning...) a new scoring rule: 2 additional points for less additional time. This should be an incentive to improve own time in every track even if this could mean no change of position or no additional point for leading time...

No comments about this possible new scoring rule?   ;)
No comments mean approval IMO.