News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

SWR changes!

Started by Mark L. Rivers, December 18, 2006, 09:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Just one comment : it seems you miss some results, my participation rate should be 1.
You have no results for me at 2 USC races (Mohacs and Kazinbarcika), also at 2 WSC races (Nach1 and Raies) and at 1 SDR race (Shuss).
But there are results from me on previous SWR sheet. Same problem occurs probably for other pipsqueaks, like AbuRaf who raced them all too and who therefore should have a participation rate of 1 too.

Obviously, there had been a mess in your sheet. Probably, you forgot some columns when you made your update and sorted the lines.

Regarding the system, ok, it suits me fine : same "points" value (all competitions are equal) and then bonus or malus according to the level (according to previous ranking) of participants. Good IMO, much better than saying that each ZS race has more value than each USC race like in CTG's system. Especially with the special rules system added this year at ZS that made some higly ranked pipsqueaks not racing regularly. This is a good way to "balance" the competitions according to the level of participants. But that won't change me : I'll race all competitions if I can.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Krys TOFF on April 06, 2007, 12:09:44 PM
Just one comment : it seems you miss some results, my participation rate should be 1.
You have no results for me at 2 USC races (Mohacs and Kazinbarcika), also at 2 WSC races (Nach1 and Raies) and at 1 SDR race (Shuss).
But there are results from me on previous SWR sheet. Same problem occurs probably for other pipsqueaks, like AbuRaf who raced them all too and who therefore should have a participation rate of 1 too.

Yes, cut&past error... Now it's fixed!  ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Being remained in the previous page of this topic, the explanation of the important changes in SWR could pass unobserved...  ::)  With this reply I just want to highlight it!  ;)

Duplode

One thing occured to me about the logscale coeffcients: if the participation rate is less than 12^-1,5 (1/41,6), then the coefficient goes below zero... If a couple contests happen to reopen, then we could see negative ratings  :P!

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on June 28, 2007, 04:11:59 AM
One thing occured to me about the logscale coeffcients: if the participation rate is less than 12^-1,5 (1/41,6), then the coefficient goes below zero... If a couple contests happen to reopen, then we could see negative ratings  :P!

You're right and I knew this. But when I elaborated SWR criteria I simply evaluated that very difficultly we had to race more than 42 races in 8 months. The facts are giving me reason and, sadly, the number of the races is not going to increase, as you can see trying to enter in WSC site...  :(  Anyway, if one day the number of races will become higher than 42 in the last 8 months, and there will be drivers that took part in a unique race (taking part at 2 races the score will be positive until the number of the races won't be higher than 83), SWR criteria will be adapted not to have negative scores. A possibility could be that scores of the drivers with a too much low participation rate will be forced to 0,001. But I will think exactly what to do when it will be the moment...  ;)   Thanks anyway for your note! I'm happy to see that someone has spent a part of his time to know deepenedly the SWR criteria!   :)