News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

International Stunts Master 2007

Started by Mark L. Rivers, November 26, 2006, 03:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

A change at the vertex: CTG new provisional leader!
He has placed the wheels of his favourite car just ahead Bonzai Joe, so he's leading now on track B and in general classification. And now the answers...  ;)

CTG

And somehow my A and C replays are lost in your mailbox. I re-sent them few minutes ago.

BonzaiJoe

He must really be just 0.05 ahead, or he hasn't understood the leading time system
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

I don't care about leading time system, I'm just racing without dirty hiding techniques.

Mark L. Rivers

New CTG's results on track A and C have been received, and... there's a new record for him: Gutix overtook on track C!
About leading time system, I think CTG knows very well it having raced in almost all SDR races last year. Anyway, overtaking previous time (even if for only 0"05), he has stopped it and now leading time has been zeroed again. Two bonus points on track B are at the moment for Ayrton (311 hours). CTG leads on track B in this moments for 20 hours.

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: CTG on January 05, 2007, 11:33:16 PM
I don't care about leading time system, I'm just racing without dirty hiding techniques.

Sorry, I should have known you would never succumb to such low tricks  :)

CTG

Hey Bonzai when did I hide my times? You are the master of last minute replays, not me.

BonzaiJoe

Well I don't have time to do comprehensive research right now, eventually I will, but 1. I recall you saying "I love this game" regarding breaking before the finish line to get a slower time better fit for hiding your best when fighting for leading time. 2. I think it's a bit strange of you to claim moral superiority by saying you wouldn't do such "dirty tricks", when in all other respects you don't have a problem with going much dirtier tricks than that.

It's true I'm a master of last-minute replays, and I wouldn't shy away from hiding my times in the way described, but mainly my lateness in replays owes to my racing pattern: racing a lot in the beginning of the month, getting a good time, having my good time beaten after a week or so, losing moral and racing again only when I really have to (at the deadline). For my latest "last minute replay", on the previous USC track, as you know, I sent the replay at 23:45 on the last day, but I downloaded the track at approximately 22:55 on the last day.

CTG

Hey, I don't want to argue. I just say time hiding is not my weapon. It's very rear when I improve any positions on the last day.

What's more, I friendly invite you to make a great last minute replay on Tata track too. :)

BonzaiJoe

Okay okay, when is the deadline on Tata? I want to improve, but I'm very busy with writing a paper.

CTG

Mark L. Rivers

Cause a week of (deserved, believe me  ;) ) holidays, ISM updates won't be regular until 21th January in the evening. Anyway, you can send your replays without any problem!  :)

Mark L. Rivers

Acura PowerGutix!!!!

Beginning from this race, maybe when we'll talk about Acura PowerGear, we should talk about Acura PowerGutix... I really don't know  ??? ??? how he has succeeded (I check all replays only with RPLINFO) but he has sure kept PowerGear of his Acura from beginning until the end... realizing an unthinkable, absolutely unthinkable time: 1'03"30... Yes, 1'03"30!!!!   :o :o :o     Really incredible!!! An awesome result that one more time complicate the predictions of final result... It's true, Gutix has not succeeded to defend the longest and continuos leading time, and so 2 additional points at stake on track C are by now definitely in CTG's pocket which rises to 27 points (5 points less than current general leader, Ayrton). But the 10 points of track C appears now conquered almost definitely by Gutix. OK, never say never, but it seems impossible to reach a better time... And all additional points are definitely assigned (4 Ayrton and 2 CTG)... So with actual general classification we'll probably see a very big challenge to undermine Ayrton and Gutix (!) from actual positions, hoping to catch the maximum points available so to make less weighty additional points conquered... Sure CTG seems a bit advantaged in the run-up to Ayrton. Overtaking the argentinian on track A and B (not very easy, sure...), only 1 point would divide him to the vertex... Not enough to win, but enough to hope... Effectively, every driver can still win, but only if they will aim very, very high on every track and if the results of other drivers will help them... A thriling final waits all drivers and all spectators...  ;)   Who will win the title? Who will get the podium? Just 6 days and few hours to the end... Maybe many drivers will choose to send their last replay in last minutes... But will it be the most opportune choice? If a driver will send early a new record on a single track (like Gutix..) sure he will discover his cards but sure this could demotivate other drivers or lead them to spend many time on that track, overleaping the other ones... One more time, let's see what it will happen!  :)

CTG

I have to give up... travelling home earlier in the morning, no time for more racing.

BJ: Think whatever you want. :)

Mark L. Rivers

Last day of race!
Well, after five weeks of race, ISM is going to finish: let's see what it will happen!
I don't assure an immediate update just after midnight (GMT+1)... ::)  More probably within 9 a.m. of tomorrow...  ;)
Sure I will have to check many replays, all received until here and others ones which I will receive today...  Hard work, but the big show realized by all drivers for this event makes the thing very satisfying...  :)