News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

International Stunts Master 2007

Started by Mark L. Rivers, November 26, 2006, 03:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on January 27, 2007, 07:46:55 AM

Last day of race!
Well, after five weeks of race, ISM is going to finish: let's see what it will happen!
I don't assure an immediate update just after midnight (GMT+1)... ::)  More probably within 9 a.m. of tomorrow...  ;)
Sure I will have to check many replays, all received until here and others ones which I will receive today...  Hard work, but the big show realized by all drivers for this event makes the thing very satisfying...  :)
This means no update until the deadline. Today is quiet day ?

Mark L. Rivers

Krys TOFF

Re-sults ! Re-sults !
We want results ! ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Ayrton has won ISM 2007!

Ayrton has won ISM 2007! Last attack to the fantastic argentinian champion (29 points for him at finish) came from Bonzai Joe in the last minute (really in the last minute!) which conquered the first place on track B (fantastic 42"40!) but "only" a 5th place on track C: 2nd final place for the danish champion which reaches CTG at 26 points climbing with him on the podium! Great battle in the last day on track C (6 times) and improvements for SuperBrian (8th on track C and in general classification), Mark L. Rivers (5th on track C and 4th with Gutix in general classification) and Krys TOFF: great activity for the french champion in last days with 4th replays on track C (3rd at finish with 1'14"65!), 2 replays on track B (4th with 44"15 on track B behind the monstruos trio Bonzai Joe, Ayrton and CTG) and 2 replays on track A with a final 39"40. Great passion for the french driver! No other improvements and, misteriously, total silence by Chulk... You can download all replays at Download page. Analisys will be elaborated soon.
Well it was an engaging and dazzling challenge for me and I hope that all drivers liked the tracks and the event!  Thanks to all for the big show!  :)
And sure I hope that someone of them will want to express here his comments about the competition!

Krys TOFF

Damn ! Track A made me fail to reach a place in top 5, for only 1 little point...
Anyway, I'm happy with track B and C results. 8)

It was a nice event, too bad Chulk didn't race finally.

Hard fight between Ayrton, CTG, Jacky for the podium, and impressive result by Magic Gutix on track C.

Nice battle too between AbuRaf and SuperBrian during all the event. Well done my Danish partner, you got the 8th place. ;) Quite good for a pipsqueak classified 17th in Mark's WRL before this event and invited in the last minutes to replace those who didn't confirmed they would join.

BonzaiJoe

It has been a great event! The "one track per month" competition format was getting monotonous, so it was great with an event like this. Also, racing against the top of the ranking list was really a good motivation. Updates regular and site well functional, nothing was really wrong about ISM 2007. I certainly hope we will have another one like this next year, maybe with some other cars, but with the same "three different kinds of tracks" idea.
Thank you for hosting this event, Mark L.

P.S. The Krys TOFF replay you uploaded for Track C is 1.15.00, not 1.14.65, but I guess that's just a mistake. I hope it isn't though :)
But we can't be quite sure.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 28, 2007, 01:39:39 PM
P.S. The Krys TOFF replay you uploaded for Track C is 1.15.00, not 1.14.65, but I guess that's just a mistake. I hope it isn't though :)

Fixed...  ;)

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 28, 2007, 01:39:39 PM
It has been a great event! The "one track per month" competition format was getting monotonous, so it was great with an event like this. Also, racing against the top of the ranking list was really a good motivation. Updates regular and site well functional, nothing was really wrong about ISM 2007. I certainly hope we will have another one like this next year, maybe with some other cars, but with the same "three different kinds of tracks" idea.
Thank you for hosting this event, Mark L.

Really thanks!  :)     Well... I think probably there will be an ISM 2008...  ;)

Krys TOFF

When clicking on SDR banner at the portal, there is no more link of ISM event now that you updated SDR page.
I'm not sure everybody saw all the results, your should keep your previous page with competition selection at least for a while I think. ;)
Best would be to have a ISM banner included in the Stunts portal. When SDR stops, ISM will start and so you'll just have to ask Zak to change the portal in order to exchange SDR and ISM banners between active and inactive competitions pages.

Another problem : on your new SDR welcome page, news are written way too small to be read with 1024x768 or higher screen resolution...  :-\

CTG

Where are the final results? I just came back to Budapest...

CTG

Oh my God, only 42.40 on Track B? I think I left at least 1-1.5 seconds in my B replay... Congratulations to Bonzai Joe anyway.

BonzaiJoe

Yeah well, there must be something wrong when I can win it. I don't see anything near 1 second (where?), but Ayrton is 0.15 ahead of me at 35 seconds, but loses 0.25 in the last double-corner...

I think I left about 2 seconds on Track C which I could have picked up by going left in the last part :)

Great replays by Ayrton and Gutix on A and C! I don't understand how argentinians do those magic carpets just when they are needed, but they sure do (and here, "they" does of course not mean Ayrton and Gutix, but Gutix and Alan Rotoi (Z16).
But we can't be quite sure.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Krys TOFF on January 28, 2007, 04:17:39 PM
When clicking on SDR banner at the portal, there is no more link of ISM event now that you updated SDR page.
I'm not sure everybody saw all the results, your should keep your previous page with competition selection at least for a while I think. ;)
Best would be to have a ISM banner included in the Stunts portal. When SDR stops, ISM will start and so you'll just have to ask Zak to change the portal in order to exchange SDR and ISM banners between active and inactive competitions pages.

Another problem : on your new SDR welcome page, news are written way too small to be read with 1024x768 or higher screen resolution...  :-\

Messages received...  ;)

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 28, 2007, 07:14:04 PM
Yeah well, there must be something wrong when I can win it. I don't see anything near 1 second (where?), but Ayrton is 0.15 ahead of me at 35 seconds, but loses 0.25 in the last double-corner...

No problem with your victory, I'm just angry on myself because I feel my B replay really weak. Some of my corners just sucked.

zaqrack

too bad I had to skip the last week, lost several points!
I really liked the competition anyway, thank you Mark!

CTG