News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts Career website development

Started by Krys TOFF, December 07, 2006, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

I'm working on the website at this moment. I think there will be some beta-tests to do with the automatisation features I plan to do (it will be a php website).
Who would like to do beta-tests ? (probably during summer holidays, I'm not ready yet to do them)

I can test the website with IE 5 & 6 and FireFox 1, 1.5 and 2.
I'd like to have potential beta-testers with other web browsers like Opera, Safari, ...
Volunteers ? ;D

Krys TOFF

Aaaaargh !!!!
What happened ?!
I can't access my database !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

My provider (free.fr) has problems or what ? ???

I had already made some of the necessary tables (for scoreboards and so on) and I now that I want to prepare the "women" table (see the W.I.P. topic) I can't acces the DB anymore !
What the f*ck happened ? I hope I didn't lost all the work done on the DB... ::) :-[ :'(

Krys TOFF

Well, it seems my web provider/web hoster has no problems with html websites but has often problems with php websites due to SQL databases instability.

Thanks to Zak, Stunts career website will then be hosted at stunts.mine.nu (like ZakStunts, USC, IRC-ISA, ...).

CTG

Krys TOFF

General information : after some work and tests on the website, I will stop this work for the moment and focus on track designing. I'll work again on the website in a few months when all tracks will be done.
The website will probably start without the tracks database I wanted to add in it. This feature will be added later, when the site will be fonctionnal.

CTG

Current situation? When will you start it?

Krys TOFF

Dunno yet.
I made some more tracks but it's far from finished.
Introduction part of the story is completed.
I still think in a way to make the story completed automatically according to validated results using a story database and php queries.
In the end, my goal is to create for me php validation page with unvalidated replays listed. When I watch and validate a replay, my goal is to make your career beeing completed automatically and the newt track (or the next choice of new competition) beeing available automatically.
Numerous conditions will have to be programmed in the php code, but I think it's worth it because it will really be time-saving for me in the end.

For the moment, I stopped website developpement for a while and focused on track designing. But things don't go as fast as I expected originally...

Chulk

How's everything going with this Krys? Do you need any help? I'm just being polite because I don't now anything about php or things like that. Maybe I can help you desing some tracks if you have aerial views or write the story. And please let me know if you need something done with Excel, I'm quite good with it.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Thanks for the offer Chulk.

For the tracks I prefer doing them all, no offense, but I prefer to have a coherence in track designing. Some I had to modify as I modified the events and so some tracks were not good for the new car with which they were supposed to be raced. Project is going is own way, but quite slowly.

The story is already complete.

I'll go back working on the website when all tracks will be done. My main problem will be with the website, as I want to implement all features as automatic as possible : career points (easy), potential weddings (more difficult, depends of reputation points and attitude), sponsors and so on.

I also work a lot with Excel. All career development is prepared on Excel. Goal will be to program it in php to make it run... That will be the hard part. In case it's too hard for me to make it, Ill do manual updates and use my Excel sheets to manage careers, but that's not the goal at all as it will be time-costing for me in the end.

CTG

After the PC saga of ToffStunts Empire, is there any news about this project?

Krys TOFF

Not so far.
I have to re-install all programming/uploading stuff : notepad++, easyphp, filezilla, ...
I can download back all files from the web (I uploaded all some time ago to do tests of website development so even with computer crash I can download back all elements).

But I won't do it right now, I prefer to finish to design all the tracks (119 if I remember it well) before. I lost some of them (5-10 tracks, don't remember exactly) due to the crash but I still have 40-45 tracks ready. So, it's only 1/3 of the tracks ready for the moment.

CTG

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on November 27, 2007, 01:50:22 AM
Current situation?
You are spamming instead of sleeping, that was your current situation CTG. :P :D

Regarding the website : nothing changed so far, as all tracks are not made yet. This is a huge project and I don't have so much time available.
For the moment I prepare the future of noRH racing, then I'll be back to this project.

CTG

Maybe I could help this project with tracks... :D

CTG