News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

eBay and online commerce

Started by zaqrack, January 18, 2007, 01:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Quote from: CTG on January 17, 2007, 11:17:51 PM
Beer bottles are fragile, canned beers are worse. And Borsodi is so good that it wouln't arrive to the final destination. ;D

Speaking of which I'm currently waiting two packages from Germany and none of them arrived yet. I'm starting to get worried because of the first one (biker sunglasses) as the seller sent them last thursday... I hope it's on the way right now and not a Hungarian postman is wearing it.
The other one is a beautiful parker pen. Sent on monday, so I'm not that worried. It'd be just great to receive it this week sao I could bring it with me to Estonia.

I hope Hungarian postal service will soon improve...   :(

JTK

Quote from: zaqrack on January 18, 2007, 01:01:56 PM
I hope Hungarian postal service will soon improve...   :(

Also I hope, noone here betrayed you. Are you sure, the package was send to you? And German Post also isn't anymore what it used to be...  :-X
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

zaqrack

if until I get back from Estonia they still don't arrive (but I hope they will) I'll start a heavy investigation - asking for copies of the package receipts and such - the pen was sent insured and from a company, not a private seller so guess there shouldn't be a problem. The other seller was helpful and friendly too - so I hope the best.

Until now I have ordered around 10 packages from ebay and online stores mainly from Germany, some from UK, USA or Taiwan. Had only succesful orders without any problems.

BonzaiJoe

I've encountered a fraud on eBay, and I've only made 21 buys.
But we can't be quite sure.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 19, 2007, 12:21:06 AM
I've encountered a fraud on eBay, and I've only made 21 buys.
I made so far 291 transactions (sells and buys) at eBay and had only 1 problem with a buyer telling me he never received the package. As I had the selling proof, I ask French post to investigate and their investigation said the package was delivered without problem.
In France the postal investigation is considered as a legal proof, so I didn't have to pay back the buyer. I think it was a buyer trying to have the package AND get back his money. >:(

Well, now please let's get back to original topic. ;D

zaqrack

ok sorry, I've opened an ebay topic :) Relevant posts were moved there.

Krys TOFF

OK, thanks. I was thinking of doing this but I'm not moderator of Stunts career part of the forum. ::)

Anyway, such a topic would be better in chat/misc main topic I think.

edit : oh, during my post the topic was moved ! Too fast Zak ! :D

zaqrack

I'm relieved, the sunglasses have arrived.
Apparently someone tried to open the box - there was a big crack at one corner. Fortunately it was well packed (another bag inside the outer casing), and everything stayed inside.

Proper packing is very important.

zaqrack

Quote from: Krys TOFF on January 19, 2007, 09:50:41 AM
OK, thanks. I was thinking of doing this but I'm not moderator of Stunts career part of the forum. ::)

oh! fixing! :)

JTK

Quote from: zaqrack on January 19, 2007, 10:01:19 AM
no box, but maybe you are intrested

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stunts-by-Broderbund-PC_W0QQitemZ230078705764QQihZ013QQcategoryZ4315QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I contacted him! I wanted to buy, but there's no international shipping announced, so first I have to ask him. I also asked him for the box and documents. If I get the game, I will probably make a special contest at the WSM 2007, which Jacky can NOT win... :) (e.g. you must be sober or something like that - but no, that will be unfair, then only Zak will win... better rule will be: You have to race at 5:00 am.) :)
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

zaqrack

CTG

So I can "trust" in eBay. Then I'll try to buy EA F1 2002. Let me guess, the package won't arrive...

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTGSo I can "trust" in eBay. Then I'll try to buy EA F1 2002. Let me guess, the package won't arrive...
Ask for a traced (bar coded) shipment to be sure. ;)

BonzaiJoe

Harharhar forget it, you'll never make a competition that I can't win!  :P

(you could try a track consisting only of double- and triple-bridge corners driven in the Jaguar, but even then...)

Alternatively, you could make a track-designing competition :) I wouldn't win that.
But we can't be quite sure.