News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Am I an alcoholist?

Started by Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister, January 22, 2007, 12:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I drank 10 bottles of beer today... I wasn't drunken then, I just felt good. I just drank and drank and drank, without a serious effect of alcohol. Am I an alcoholist? I need a girlfriend urgently to stop this! :)

Beer consumption today: 8 Borsodi, 1 Beck's, 1 Stella Artois
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Or you need a girlfriend and even more beer! ;D

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Akoss PooI drank 10 bottles of beer today... I wasn't drunken then, I just felt good. I just drank and drank and drank, without a serious effect of alcohol. Am I an alcoholist?
Seems to be...
Quote from: Akoss PooI need a girlfriend urgently to stop this! :)
Use your left hand in the meantime. ;D :D :P

BonzaiJoe

No, you are not an alcoholic.

You are an alcoholic when one day you feel a physical need for alcohol, and you give in to that need without any other reason (party, people coming over etc.). You are not an alcoholic just because you drink alone or drink because you're sad, but it's true that those are known ways to become an alcoholic.

JTK? Your thoughts on the matter?
But we can't be quite sure.

I wasn't drinking alone! And I ate a lot between the bottles. We were travelling on a train, joking, laughing, then we were in a pub... so it was time to get drunken! :)

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

Hahaha, you can only dream of becoming an alcoholic :)

JTK

You are an alcoholic? Think it over:

- How much alcolhol do you drink in one week? Are you drinking every day? Every second?
- How much alkcohol do you consume?
- Is there any regularity in consuming alcohol (e.g. drinking when watching TV, drinking when on the phone, drinking wheile racing Stunts)?
- Is there a problem for you NOT to drink, when you are at a party but still have to drive?
- Do you like to drink something to become more concentrated to get things done?
- When there is no alcohol in reach, do you think desperately how to get some?
- Are you unsatisfied with your alcohol consuming habits?
- What do people near you think of your alcohol consume? Do they think you might have a problem?

Answering seriously can lead you to the answer. By the way, what does "alcoholic" mean? It means someone, who's addicted to alcohol. Here's a small addiction test from Narcotics Anonymous for checking yorself: http://www.na.org/pdf/litfiles/us_english/IP/EN3107.pdf

Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

CTG

Akoss is not. But am I an alcoholist?

zaqrack

SuperBrian

My friends and I where having a World Championship in Beer Drinking this October, It included 5 disciplines:

100m Sprint - Drink one beer [bottle] in the fastest time.
200m Hurdle - Drink two closed beers [bottle] which shall be opened with a lighter in the fastest time.
400m Baton - Equal to the 100m Sprint-disciplines, but you must choose a team consisting of four persons, then person no. 2 can only drink when no. 1 is finished etc.
Marathon - Who can drink most beers during the WC? (The "Party" lasted for 12 hours exactly) Beers from the other disciplines were counted in.
High Jump - Who where having the greatest promille? We used a calculation on the Internet which included how long time we drank, how many beers drunken, how much we weighed and the different between girl/boy.

Points were awarded 15, 13, 11, 10, 9, 8 etc in the different disciplines in order to find the overall winner of the pentathlon-discipline or the WC-title. I won the Marathon-discipline by drinking 21 bottles of beer (Harboe Classic), My team won the 400m Baton and I won the High Jump as well, which gave me the overall win.
Am I an alcoholic?
Charles Dickens said: "An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself."

BonzaiJoe

You probably increased your risk of becoming an alcoholic by a lot, but if you just do that once in a while and then go sober for two weeks, you're not an alcoholic. It sounds like fun. I just don't understand how you managed to make the promille calculations? Did you have sober 'Games officials'?

Quote from: SuperBrian on November 14, 2012, 12:07:36 PM
My friends and I where having a World Championship in Beer Drinking this October, It included 5 disciplines:

100m Sprint - Drink one beer [bottle] in the fastest time.
200m Hurdle - Drink two closed beers [bottle] which shall be opened with a lighter in the fastest time.
400m Baton - Equal to the 100m Sprint-disciplines, but you must choose a team consisting of four persons, then person no. 2 can only drink when no. 1 is finished etc.
Marathon - Who can drink most beers during the WC? (The "Party" lasted for 12 hours exactly) Beers from the other disciplines were counted in.
High Jump - Who where having the greatest promille? We used a calculation on the Internet which included how long time we drank, how many beers drunken, how much we weighed and the different between girl/boy.

Points were awarded 15, 13, 11, 10, 9, 8 etc in the different disciplines in order to find the overall winner of the pentathlon-discipline or the WC-title. I won the Marathon-discipline by drinking 21 bottles of beer (Harboe Classic), My team won the 400m Baton and I won the High Jump as well, which gave me the overall win.
Am I an alcoholic?

Sounds like a good game, but I miss some disciplines which are not centered or only partly centered around excessive alcohol consumption. This way probably the heaviest alcohol drinker wins the competition instead of the one who is good at alcohol drinking and at some funny disciplines as well. Beer bottle throwing without breaking it (the longest throw wins), standing on one foot as long (time unit) as possible after x bottles of beer, beer cap throwing accuracy into the litter bin or anything else... let alone drunken football (table football... or table tennis) match...

And one more thing: what is 'a beer' for you? 21 beers sound awfully lot... did you mean a 0.5 litre bottle with around 5% alcohol content? If you did, I'm only a geek with my record of 13 beers on a night...

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

Don't worry - in Denmark, 'a beer' is 0,33 l, 4,6% alcohol.

SuperBrian

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on November 14, 2012, 12:26:45 PM
I just don't understand how you managed to make the promille calculations? Did you have sober 'Games officials'?

Actually we have made this game before; Beer Olympics in October 2011 (which made the WC more fun because you could go for breaking records), and at that time we used a breathalyzer, but the problem was that there wasn't enough mouthpieces for the participants and we were not sure if the breathalyzer showed the promilles correctly because everybody hit 4,00 in the end of the night.

This year:

1. Before the game started at 5 pm exactly everybody weighed themselves on an old bathroom weight.
2. In the Marathon-discipline everybody wrote down their names on the beers the drank.
3. We used this site http://www.drikkeabc.dk/alkohol%20promille%20beregner.aspx?id=18 because it was the only site which calculated the time one started, different kinds of alcohol, the weight and gender.
4. When people wanted to see how much promille they got all they had to do was to enter the weight, the numbers of beers with their names on and the time, for instance 1 am.
5. Of course most people were too drunk to do that, so at 5 am, when the WC ended, everybody stopped drinking (there weren't really anyone left). In that way it was possible to see how much promille each participant had at 5 pm because their weight and beers with names were written down.

If people failed to weigh themselves when arriving to the party they just didn't participate in the High Jump-discipline.
Charles Dickens said: "An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself."

SuperBrian

Quote from: Akoss Poo on November 15, 2012, 12:49:33 AM

Sounds like a good game, but I miss some disciplines which are not centered or only partly centered around excessive alcohol consumption. This way probably the heaviest alcohol drinker wins the competition instead of the one who is good at alcohol drinking and at some funny disciplines as well. Beer bottle throwing without breaking it (the longest throw wins), standing on one foot as long (time unit) as possible after x bottles of beer, beer cap throwing accuracy into the litter bin or anything else... let alone drunken football (table football... or table tennis) match...

You're right. The purpose of this competition is to find the heaviest alcohol-drinker and not a sober participant who is better in more or less real sport-disciplines (precision, throwing etc), but your idea about the "standing on one foot as long (time unit) as possible after x bottles of beer" is great though, because it shows which participant who can drink the most and still act sober.