News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Everything about computers

Started by CTG, January 23, 2007, 12:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My web browser is...

Internet Explorer
3 (13%)
Firefox
9 (39.1%)
Opera
2 (8.7%)
Google Chrome
6 (26.1%)
Safari
1 (4.3%)
Konqueror
1 (4.3%)
else
1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Krys TOFF

Some news of my old hard drive : around 35% of previous hard drive data recovered. All pictures/video recovered (cool, I'm lucky), most of Stunts stuff too (some tracks missing, not so important). Quite good news finally, I'm happy.

DieselJoe

"Why can't we not be sober?"
Tool

Krys TOFF

Quote from: DieselJoeNice to hear that  :)
;)

Krys TOFF

I forgot to ask : I lost all my mail addresses, and I don't remember them all. Please send me your mails in PM, so I'll be able to re-create my mailing list. Thanks in advance. ;)

Paleke

Quote from: DieselJoe on June 01, 2007, 02:31:18 PM
Nice to hear that  :)

Yeah, it seems that was saved the most important 35%  :)

PS: Sending pm... :P
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

CTG

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Palekeit seems that was saved the most important 35%  :)
Yes, the most important.
Only real big loss is my "competition list" Excel file and some Word documents of my wife. All other losses are games and programs that can be re-installed. It's just sad that I lost my civilization II savegames, I had a great game in harder mode that was going just perfect (which is rare for me in harder mode of Civ 2).

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTGKrys: riverkiller... ;D
Yep, I remember this one, as I remember JTK one. And your mail is written somewhere on USC website I think. Same for Mark : I can find his mail on his website.

Krys TOFF

I bought the bad computer. I should have bought the one with this marvelous keyboard ;D :

BonzaiJoe

Nice keyboard... Of course it's missing a STUNTS button, but still
But we can't be quite sure.

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on June 01, 2007, 11:47:16 AM
around 35% of previous hard drive data recovered.
You were very lucky. A friend of mine had the same problem with his hard drive, but as cluster #1 was damaged, he couldn't save anything. It was 7 or 8 years ago, so I don't know if maybe now there's something that can be done or if they lied to him...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Finally I bought a really nice new keyboard, I'll test it in the evening.

CTG

Installing... Stunts will be opened soon... ;D

CTG

Okay, this message is with the new one. Beware guys... :D

CTG

Strange handling after more than two years with notebook... I'll improve later and ZCT replay improvement sounds quite impossible at the moment. :(