News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Everything about computers

Started by CTG, January 23, 2007, 12:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My web browser is...

Internet Explorer
3 (13%)
Firefox
9 (39.1%)
Opera
2 (8.7%)
Google Chrome
6 (26.1%)
Safari
1 (4.3%)
Konqueror
1 (4.3%)
else
1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Chulk

This is what I mean. I downloaded Home Edition from Avast! site. I looked around Preferences but couldn't find it. Duplode... HELP!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Found your missing setting, Chulk! It's quite well hidden, and I have no clue why it was set by default on your install. Double-click the tray icon, click the "Details..." button, choose Web Shield on the left-side list, then click "Customize", the on to "Advanced" tab and, finally, disable the "detailed info..." option. Hope that sorts it out... ;)

Chulk

Yes it did. Thanks Dup!
Now my only problem is the windows browser. c:/windows/explorer.exe works fine, but I can't put it as default for drives exploring. It only fails when I double-click on a driver letter from My Computer. The rest of the folders open as they should.

By the way...
Quote from: Paleke on July 25, 2008, 03:58:55 PM
I'm planning to change the cabinet (I'm not sure if it is the correct translation)
The word you are looking for is 'case'. I forgot to mention earlier with all this virus+config issues I had.

Krys TOFF

I'm planning to change the cabinet (I'm not sure if it is the correct translation)
The word you are looking for is 'case'. I forgot to mention earlier with all this virus+config issues I had.
[/quote]
Cabinet means office whiles cabinets means toilets in French. :D

Paleke

Quote from: Krys TOFF on August 07, 2008, 09:42:19 AM
Quote from: Chulk
Cabinet means office whiles cabinets means toilets in French. :D

;D  Well, then the French meaning is not that wrong.  ;D
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

CTG

New poll question about OS... ;) Mine is Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3.

Chulk

Duplode

Main OS is Linux, although TrackMania is making me revert to XP SP2 a bit more than usual lately... :)

Paleke

Windows XP SP2, SP3 is being downloaded...
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

alanrotoi

XP SP2 without updates because it's pirate ver :)

Duplode

Forgot to mention: Linux distribution is Fedora Core 8 (will switch to 9 eventually, or to 10 if it is released before my download of 9 finishes... :D)

AbuRaf70

Actualmente tengo un Sempron 2600 y con la ayuda de mi hijo, cargamos Linux y DOSBox para poder seguir corriendo con Stunts...
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.

Paleke

Quote from: Rotoi on August 23, 2008, 11:39:10 PM

Funny, mine is pirate too (of course!), but I could install SP3 without any problem, and I didn't do anything about the WGA, I just didn't download that update.

CTG

Quote from: Rotoi on August 23, 2008, 11:39:10 PM

Do you need "legal" English XP:SP2? ;)

Duplode

Finally I learnt how to use Amarok, the awesome Linux/KDE player, to generate guided random playlists, something I was looking for for a long time. All that was needed was to tag songs I do not want to listen to on "casual" random mode (progressive rock epics, music that needs full immersion to be enjoyed properly, catharsis-inducing songs, etc.). Doing so is a quite comfortable procedure with the great Collection interface of Amarok. Then, I just had to define a "Smart Playlist" by criteria based on those multiple tags and incorporate it in a custom "Dynamic Playlist" mode, which continuously adds random songs form the Smart Playlist to the queue. The overall result is really great, so expect my playcount on last.fm to grow by a sizable amount just because of that...  8) (Screenshot attached for anyone curious)