News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

new cars

Started by Overdrijf, January 24, 2007, 12:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overdrijf

I know there are cheat cars and a car booster, but are there ways to get a model of a car into stunts, thereby adding more unique cars? Has enybody done it? It would be fun to drive arround in your favorite stunts car and have it look on the replay like your favorite model.
On the other hand: stunts models aren't really accurate. The jaguar for instance looks really different from the real thing. (click). Maybe it's better if you don't see your favorite car in there...

Krys TOFF

As far as we know, it is possible to add modified (tuned) cars, but no new 3D modeling, sadly.

About modified cars : beware because modified cars apply to 1.0 or 1.1 version. Those made for 1.1 seems to work with 1.0 (I tested some a few years ago) but those made for 1.0 do not work for 1.1 at all (game crash when trying to select the modified car).

3DU4RD

hmmmm... I always fail to build new cars. when I'm going to race with them, it shifts to the 2nd gear and slows down

Krys TOFF

Quote from: 3DU4RD on February 25, 2007, 08:48:19 PM
hmmmm... I always fail to build new cars. when I'm going to race with them, it shifts to the 2nd gear and slows down
You're using car blaster tool ?

CTG

Only some great pipsqueaks could do good cars.

Duplode

I found this old "project", which I originally developed to help me understand gearing and torque curves, unfinished deep into my Stunts folder, so I decided to soften the rough edges and to publish the result. So, here you have the LWT-ZR1 GTC Mark I . It's a souped up ZR1, that performs somewhere between a Ferrari GTO and an IMSA car (both in terms of speed and handling), except with 6 gears. Now I invite you to be my beta tester!

PS.: Handling can be (rather) tricky, as I set the "curve adhesion" byte to 0. Originally it was 1, resulting in a sort of Audi-Melange hybrid, which was quite cool but a bit too easy to drive :P.

Notice: Since them the car was updated to Mark II specifications. You can find the new version here

Krys TOFF

Cool, a new car. :)
Is it designed for 1.1 or 1.0 version of the game (car files are not compatible for both versions) ?

edit : ok, it's for 1.1 as written in readme file. ;D

CTG

Great. But the best cheat car is obviously Melange.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTGGreat. But the best cheat car is obviously Melange.
Wait until you see the Formula 1 car I (try to) prepare for Stunts Career project. ;D

CTG

Still Melange... :D (it has perfect handling and high-speed - the two things I like in a car)

Mark L. Rivers

OK, I wanted to present it last week of july, but, after the replies of today in this topic, I don't want that it seems I begin today to develop a new car... So.. check Stunts Forum in next hours....  ;)

Krys TOFF

Good, another new car is coming. :)

For info, my Formula 1 car goal is :
- indy external look
- indy dashboard with additionnal digital speedometer
- improved acceleration compare to indy (it's a "2002" version of F1 to celebrate the year I found the Stunts community, so it's a 3000cc car vith V10 engine, so a better horsepower and acceleration compared to V8 indy is required)
- powergear (main difficulty is to create a powergear effect that is not too irrealistic as the one of Knight Rider car or others like that)

But car is not ready so far...

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on July 04, 2007, 05:49:23 AM
I invite you to be my beta tester!
After giving it a quick test I liked it, but I'll try it more deeply in a few moments. Anyway it's great to see someone's creating new cars! I always failed when I tried to create McLaren F1 car.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Chulk

I have just seen Krys & Mark are also "inventing". Great, I can't wait to test them.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the title of the ZCT269 track, from ZakStunts season 2023?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview