News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Country tracks

Started by CTG, January 29, 2007, 01:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

I have an idea coming from WRC Stunts: we should make the maps of EVERY country in Stunts - and build a track on that. Here is my first one (just the map):

CTG

Overdrijf

Ah, I did that just a few days ago!

First is without track, second is with.

Sorry, trackblaster doesn't like me.
This are the Netherlands, well, with only one of the wadden isles, which is oversized, and with to big "randmeren" and a too small flevoland, and with a very strange zeeland, and Limburg, and the rest of the country, but I can recognise it...

CTG

Nice! In my competition (UnskilledStunts) we had some real map tracks too (with cities). For example Budapest, Gy?r, Kazincbarcika and Tata. And I also remember a Europe track in ZakStunts (ZCT 44?)and a Lake Balaton track (by Zak?) in Track Designing Contest 2003. And of course the rally tracks of WRC by Krys Toff.

Overdrijf

City tracks? I can try to make one of my university if you like, but not all roads are straight... ;D
30x30 blocks aren't a lot for a city...
Isn't there any smart person in here who has written a script to genarate a track from any 30x30 picture?

Krys TOFF

Sorry Overdrijf, I know no script like that.

I started to do country maps for WRC Stunts with the 4th rally : Corsica.

In the future Stunts Career event there will be some other countries represented again as WRC is one of the plannified events of the concept. Australia, Japan, Cyprus, Finland and Mexico are the one selected.

As these tracks are not made yet (only Finland scenery is in progress), I think I'll use your scenery CTG. Can you send it to me by mail please ? ;D

May I suggest you to download and test one on my tracks Overdrijf ? This one : http://stunts.mine.nu/zakstunts/arc/tdc2003/everglades.zip
I like the design of the scenery. Check also the picture attached and the story file. This track have been made for Zak's TDC (track design contest) in 2003.
Check ZakStunts website ( http://stunts.mine.nu/zakstunts ) and select 2003 at the top menu. Then select track design contest in the left menu and you'll see all tracks proposed in this contest.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on January 29, 2007, 03:22:37 PM
Nice! In my competition (UnskilledStunts) we had some real map tracks too (with cities). For example Budapest, Gy?r, Kazincbarcika and Tata. And I also remember a Europe track in ZakStunts (ZCT 44?)and a Lake Balaton track (by Zak?) in Track Designing Contest 2003. And of course the rally tracks of WRC by Krys Toff.
And ZCT+3 track of 2002 : it was Hungaroring F1 track reverse. ;)

Numerous real tracks made for Stunts available at my finished IMSA Cup competition : http://imsacup.free.fr/Tracks.htm

And many more real tracks adaptations to come for the Stunts Career event (see the Stunts Career part of the forum). ;)

Overdrijf

Vic crashes everytime without help. Or is that because I used version 1.1?
What can you put on water with trackblaster? My stunts doesn't like my tracks...

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Overdrijf on January 29, 2007, 07:45:53 PM
Vic crashes everytime without help. Or is that because I used version 1.1?
What can you put on water with trackblaster? My stunts doesn't like my tracks...
Skid does not always crash at Everglades, I tested it more than once with Stunts 1.1.

As for trackblaster, it allows you to put all kind or roads on water. But once loaded in stunts DO NOT try to edit the track you made with trackblaster, just open it and race it.

Check Tata track (last month's USC track that I designed) and you'll see a part of the crazy tracks you can create with trackblaster. ;)

Krys TOFF

A skull Island landscape.

Originally made for a race I planned to complete my "Lord of the Wheels" story and also an hommage to Monkey Island games.

I made numerous different tracks on this landscape, and one of them had been used in HOTU Stunts 2004 competition.

CTG

And don't forget about Zak's permanent penis shaped tracks. Freud would say many interesting things about that... ;D

CTG

Krys: here you are.

Put some hills on it, I didn't care about mountains.

BonzaiJoe

We need some volcanoes for Iceland and Ayers Rock for Australia...
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Addition: horizont is alpine for Iceland and desert for Australia.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on January 30, 2007, 12:28:17 AM
Addition: horizont is alpine for Iceland and desert for Australia.
Logical. :)
Thanks for the landscapes.