News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

RH Season 2007 - Comments

Started by Mark L. Rivers, February 04, 2007, 06:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

Write in this topic your comments about RH Season 2007!

Mark L. Rivers

Soon very near 4 drivers at first checkpoint for a balanced challenge, but a fifth one deserves to be mentioned afore others: Paleke, absolute ouset for him in a SDR race!  :)   Very balanced results for others: I lead ahead Krys TOFF (+ 0"70), SuperBrian (+1"30) and AbuRaf70 (+1"55). One points gained for me at 1st checkpoint, but... who will be able to get the next one? Maybe I pushed too much hard on right pedal like NORH race...   ::)   Anyway, next Sunday we all will have a best vision about how the race will evolve! Who will join? Who will lead at 2nd checkpoint? Let's see!  ;)

zaqrack

hey, did you get my replay? I sent it this afternoon! I'll forward it again.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: zaqrack on February 04, 2007, 06:31:27 PM
hey, did you get my replay? I sent it this afternoon! I'll forward it again.
New update rules at SDR Zak : update after each "bonus checkpoint" => every sunday at 14H00 (Italian timezone). If you sent your replay after this time, you'll see it appear only next sunday.
If you sent it before, then tell Mark, maybe your mail is in his trashbox.

Anyway, nice first track.

zaqrack

damn 14h!
I thought its in the evening and sent some minutes after 14h
so I lost a point :(

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: zaqrack on February 04, 2007, 08:37:35 PM
damn 14h!
I thought its in the evening and sent some minutes after 14h
so I lost a point :(

I've just checked my mailbox and I've seen your mail received at 14:24. I'm afraid... even if this misunderstandigs permitted me to gain a bonus point...  ;)    I'll open your mail next Sunday, but I think I'll probably will received another from you... At least I hope... otherwise it means your time is very much faster than others already sent...   ::)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on February 05, 2007, 08:09:46 AM
I'll open your mail next Sunday, but I think I'll probably will received another from you... At least I hope... otherwise it means your time is very much faster than others already sent...   ::)

I haven't received other mail from Zak but I had hoped to keep the lead...  ::)
Instead, when I opened just one hour ago my mailbox, I saw with RPLINFO an awesome 1'04"70!!  :o :o   Big disappointed for me . :(  I had thought to have got a second bonus point: in fact I had succeeded to lower my previous time (1'09"85) over 3% (1'07"65). This has been just enough to defeat the attack of AbuRaf70 (1'08"40 a good time after some improvements  :)) but not enough to defeat the attack by Krys TOFF (1'06"75, a very good time!  :)) and sure not enough to embank an harrying Zak! Really a pity for you, Zak, not to send your mail just some minutes before at 1st checkpoint... Great news: Chulk is back to the race!   8)   1'10"05 is his entry time, but we are sure his next time won't be so far from the vertex... OK, other 7 days of race and a new checkpoint, the last one: who will get the last bonus point?  Let's see!  :)

Mark L. Rivers

Couple of aces at vertex: thunderous ex-aequo by Zak McKracken and Chulk with the same time!! Fantastic races by the argentinian and the hungarian and chronometer stopped (unrealistically) at 1'02"95!  :o :o :o    Getting one bonus point for leading at 3rd checkpoint, Chulk reaches 16 points in provisional classification, the same score of Zak which, instead, doesn't get another bonus point (even if he's leading with Chulk) because he hasn't succeeded to lower his previous time over 3% (1'02"45 or less was his target). So what do it means? If Zak has not sent a time 3% lower of previous time (even if it's only 0"50 lower than time which he just has sent) did he reach his limit yet?  ???  Or maybe he had not time to race more to lower enough his limit?  ???   Next Sunday we'll know it!  ;)  About other times, good improvement for me (which goes down until an undreamed 1'04"30...), AbuRaf70 (1'07"75 under 1'08") and SuperBrian (1'09"00, over 2 seconds left). And now we are at last week! Who will win the first race of the year? Sure great challenge for Zak and Chulk, but can they stay sure that other drivers don't swoop suddenly in the last week? Two last season great starrings, Gutix and CTG, are still missed... And if would others drivers (BJ?) join?  :)

CTG

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on February 19, 2007, 12:24:48 PM
59.xx is in progress. ;D
Damn! I'll have to race really hard to reach that time if I want to win. I know my replay isn't perfect but 2 secs seems a lot. I was betting on a 1:01.XX as a winning time.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

A great race by CTG consent him to appose his sigil on R1, Mastery!
Fantastic time yours, CTG!  :) You are resulted 1st in every intermediate skimming the minute barrier! But just behind him a big surprise: me! 8)  Racing very hard in last days, but above all thanks to a different race choice than other drivers in last section (only SuperBrian like me), I succeed to close in 1'01"75, an unimaginable time for me just few days ago! So I have succeeded to precede Zak (3rd with a further improvement yesterday but not enough to beat me...  ;)), Chulk (4th, no replays since last checkpoint  ::)), Krys TOFF (5th, no improvements since 2nd checkpoint, really a pity, Krys!  :(), SuperBrian (6th, good new replays in last week and great 3rd time in section 4  ;)), AbuRaf70 (7th with his usual irreducible spirit  :) even if without improvements in last week) and Paleke (8th no improvements for him too  ::)). You can see analisys of the race on RH Race page just after the map. R2 will start next 1th March at 00.00.01 and drivers will have to race a different car, Jaguar XJR9 (another smile from CTG... ;))! Who will succeed to interpret in the best way the new very fast challenge? A description of next track will be published soon!

Paleke

I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

Mark L. Rivers

A real schocking time (sent only 14 hours after the start...) by Zak McKracken! As in R1, Zak gets the first bonus point at stake with a race absolutely incredible: 1'11"60!  :o :o  After the provisional leader we find (8" slower...) pratically paired Krys and me: only 0"05 between us which have choosen a very similar strategy  ;) to try to catch more bonus points. But we have been swept away from "Cyclon-Zak" which seems to play with discovered card. Seeing his time it appears very difficult he can succeed to get another bonus points at next checkpoints. But maybe this will be difficult for many drivers... ::)   AbuRaf70 begins with an usual slow start before climbing the scoreboard. Probably he still didn't jump on icy tract; so maybe next time will be more near to the others...  ;)  Anyway, next checkpoint will tell us more about the real limit of the track and maybe of the drivers. Let's see!  :)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. RiversAfter the provisional leader we find (8" slower...) pratically paired Krys and me: only 0"05 between us which have choosen a very similar strategy  ;) to try to catch more bonus points. But we have been swept away from "Cyclon-Zak" which seems to play with discovered card.
Yep, so long with the strategy, I have been fooled last race and this one too. Next race I'll race hard from the start.

CTG