News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Video project

Started by CTG, February 13, 2007, 01:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Last evening I tried to find out a new stuff for UnskilledStunts and started to watch old replays of the contest. Then came the idea: let's make a video collection of the best USC replays ever. Not only video capture but well-directed mini movies or a big one. Of course it won't go to YouTube (size will be quite large) but I'll write it on CD with some other cool stuff and bring to the WSM. Or the USR champion will win it... :) (of course everybody can get it, but the champion will get the very first).

It's quite a big project if I need professional cutting. I need a professional director/revisor to tell, where to change camera views and some other things. 55 minutes of winning replays, 4 views... Is there anybody to help? :)

EDIT: do you know any programs being able to create divided screen films (more video running in the same window)?

Krys TOFF

Best way is to watch replays using DOSBox and record the videos using DOSBox system.
Then, to combine them, I don't know. Virtual DUB ?

Anyway, a nice idea but a huge project. a Stunts marvelous tricks video, just like TrackMania freestyle videos. Promising.

CTG

ProShow Gold is quite a good software but it can't handle bigger videos. On the other hand DOS-Box capture codec is unfamiliar with the useable video codecs... :(

CTG

First "divided screen" video (LOL) about an old-old battle: Akoss Poo vs CTG on Rozsny? (USC 2004/05). Result? Check here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=iOWS3wQ5n48 ! ;)

Chulk

After 8 months you finally did it! Great video and music. What's the next battle? Another draw race? A minimum difference victory?
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Dunno yet. "Divided screen" = capturing two media player movies placed very close to eachother at the same time. Due to my slow CPU sometimes one of the players freeze for some milliseconds so you cannot trust totally in the head to head standings (+/- 0.1 seconds fluctuation). But it's still quite interesting to see the different driving lines. Next comparative video from USC/USR history? You can vote here! (Mark: I didn't forget ZCT 78 project I promised, but we are talking about USC at the moment)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: CTG on October 16, 2007, 09:10:02 AM
First "divided screen" video (LOL) about an old-old battle: Akoss Poo vs CTG on Rozsny? (USC 2004/05). Result? Check here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=iOWS3wQ5n48 ! ;)

Goddamn I made a bad transmission in the first straight on the bridge...
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

I think Dottore vs Argammon duel on ?zd track is worth of a new divided screen music video.

CTG

CTG

I watched this three times in a row, such a fantastic ride! Alain was the greatest replay editor ever!

CTG

Mark stole my mood to make any more Stunts videos. Thanks! >:(

Own music, better video editor? My computer can't follow it... :(

CTG

Quote from: CTG on October 16, 2007, 09:40:50 AM
(Mark: I didn't forget ZCT 78 project I promised, but we are talking about USC at the moment)

Forgot it. But divided screen video means no problem now, so... which duel would you like to see? Friker: don't dare to say ZCT 137!

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on January 24, 2013, 04:39:50 PM
Forgot it. But divided screen video means no problem now, so... which duel would you like to see? Friker: don't dare to say ZCT 137!

Obvious pick: Bonzai Joe vs. Ayrton, Rijad, USL '08.
Oddball suggestion: Mark L. Rivers vs. Gutix, Cydonia, Southern Cross '09 (that is, if an IRC track with long PG stretches isn't too boring for a video).

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on January 25, 2013, 03:26:42 AM

!!!

(nice one)

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on January 25, 2013, 03:26:42 AM
This is the one BJ wrote a diary about, right?
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)