News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

RULES

Started by CTG, March 19, 2007, 03:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Read the rules of UnskilledStunts Championship 2007/08:

Let's see the most important rules of USC 2007/08! Few things changed but basic rules are still the same.

1, You have to race on the given track using the car of the month. Please don't modify them - cheaters will be automatically disqualified from the whole championship!

2, Official racing version of Stunts is BB 1.1.

3, Official start and deadline of the races will be anounced on the main page, I won't accept any reclamation about the forgotten or misunderstood dates. There can be
some differences compared to the original plan: I'll inform you about possible changes on the main page and in Zak's forum.

4, You can send your replays by e-mail: riverkiller(usual sign)freemail.hu , private message at the Forum or via MSN.

5, All kind of replay handling and tricks are allowed, dual-way switching too. Penalty time is your own problem, I'll add it to your time.

6, Pointsystem: like in the last season, the first 10 pipsqueaks can get points: 15-12-10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1. Extra points: IRC rules driving +1 point (you know, at least one wheel on
the road and no tricks) and leading time bonus +1 point after 150 hours, +2 after 300 hours, +3 after 600 hours of leading.

7, If you reach a draw then both of you get the higher points (drawn at 3rd place means 8-8 pts). If a draw appears in overall standings then I'll decide your ranking in this
order:
    a, pure points without bonuses
    b, pts average per race
    c, results against eachother
    d, medal table of the season
    e, current WRL ranking

8, Team rules are the following: you can start a team in USC between 2-5 members (one pipsqueak is not a team!). Your points will be added and I count the two best
members every month. Important: individual bonus points won't be added.

9, Please don't copy eachother's replay. Every kind of cheating with stolen replay parts will result disqualification from the whole championship.

10, I friendly ask you to avoid starting a ghost in this championship! There's no secure way to recognize fake drivers so I can't punish it - I hope none of you will play with
more characters.

CTG

Two restrictions for the competition manager:

1, Announce final time at least 24 hours before the deadline.
2, Publish a replay containing all the tricks and shortcuts used by the manager via YouTube, at least 72 hours before deadline.

CTG

Cancelling restrictions: you voted against online help and I also vote against 24 hours rule.

Chulk

I agree with both of them. BTW, what about helping drivers outside top6 overall and teammates? Is it running or not? Just to know as I won't get any help anyway.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

People asking for help will get it. That's all. It's an unwritten rule and I'm not a very strict manager. ;)

Chulk

So anyone asking for help will get it, even if he's leading the contest? OK, I trust in everybody's good will.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

CTG

The most important change in rules for this season: you have to publish your replays in the Forum. With such a huge podium time bonus, it can be a nice war of tactics.

CTG

PTB brought us even worse time hiding. And low quality replays in the first 90% of the race... :-\

Duplode

The sample is too small. I, for one, am too lazy these days to fight hard for xTB, whatever the contest.

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on March 15, 2013, 04:59:00 AM
The sample is too small.

But probably it won't change.

CTG

Quote from: CTG on March 18, 2013, 11:02:47 AM
Quote from: Duplode on March 15, 2013, 04:59:00 AM
The sample is too small.

But probably it won't change.

And I was right...

I have to reconsider the PTB rules for the next season.

Option 1: reducing the maximal bonus to +3.
Option 2: increase the percentages from 10-30-70-90 to 20-50-90-98 (or something like that)
Option 1+2: 20-50-90?

Public replays will stay. I don't like them, but still... that's the only valid method to have a trustworthy Unskilled competition.

dreadnaut

Quote from: CTG on November 22, 2013, 01:39:57 PM
Public replays will stay. I don't like them, but still... that's the only valid method to have a trustworthy Unskilled competition.

I think they make USC more appealing for newbies. You see the tricks, know what you aim for, experiment on the execution.

CTG

Quote from: dreadnaut on November 22, 2013, 02:00:12 PM
Quote from: CTG on November 22, 2013, 01:39:57 PM

I think they make USC more appealing for newbies. You see the tricks, know what you aim for, experiment on the execution.

Theoretically right, but did you see any newbies? Even ZSC is lacking new drivers.

Btw I think it's a bit useless to manage a competition with 4-5 pipsqueaks. Yes, I know, some of the community members will ignore it forever (BJ), independently from the rules.

dreadnaut

A few came and went, but somehow I think they might have stayed longer had they raced on USC, rather than ZSC.

Maybe you should advertise it a newbie-friendly straight from the front-frontpage.