News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Summer 2007

Started by zaqrack, March 28, 2007, 01:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

summers mean Stunts meetings. But what else for you?

This year it'll be a lot of fun for me. It's my last student holiday, so I have to try my best :D

june: i'll still be working as a practicant + hopefully trying to improve headlamp business ;)
july 4-6: state exam. I seriously hope they don't change the date :-S
july 8-30: InterRail trip with my girlfriend. Now this will be fun! Unfortunately the interrail system was changed, now (for a reasonable amount of money) you are able to travel 10 days out of the 22 days of vaildity. Nevermind, we'll have a nice stay everywhere. :) Our route will be:
Budapest (start :))
Krakow, Poland (1 night)
Berlin, Germany (2 nights, any chance to meet a Kalpen borther? :))
Amsterdam, Netherlands (2 nights, any chance to meet Roy.... oh, forget it. :))
Bruxelles, Belgium (just a stop)
Paris, France (3 nights - any chance to meet, Krys?)
Nice, France (1 night)
Rome, Italy (just a stop, seen a lot last year ;))
Naples (1 night)
Bari (stop and get on the ferry)
Patras (get off the ferry)
some Greek island nearby (relax for 4 nights)
Thessaloniki (2 nights, visit a friend)
Sofia (1 night, might be optional)
Budapest (home ;)
-exact itineriary will be available soon, I seriously hope we can meet with a Stunts fan ;)

accomodation in hostels where we can cook our own food (we are on a tight budget) and 4 nights on train, 1 night on ferry.
I simply have to do this trip, as from next year I'm 26 and the ticket costs a lot more then. So it's my last chance :)

early august: receiving my diploma, the result of 4 years hard work. Hopefully by this time I'll have lots of orders for my headlamp business and start to get rich seriously ;)

august ~20: Stunts meeting! You're all welcome! :) If I get rich by this time you're all invited to a cart race :D

september 2-8: Europen Youth Exchange (my 3rd in 2 years :D)) in Istanbul A city I long to see since ages! Topic will be the future of car-free citie, all costs covered.  Suits me fine! :)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: zaqrackParis, France (3 nights - any chance to meet, Krys?)
Maybe, which date will it be exactly ? Around mid-July ?

zaqrack

yes, possibly july 15-18, but i'll know it exactly later.

JTK

Berlin - not likely. But often I am in Berlin for business purposes, so if you know the dates you are there, then maybe...

My summer will be:
June, 15. - 24.: Kiel Week :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
June 28. - July 1.: Jazz Baltica Festival  with camping and listening to good (Hungarian!) Jazz
July 7.: Stefan Gwildis live at Stadtpark Hamburg, a great concert that will be
Later August: Stunts Meeting (hopefully!!!)
August 25. - September 9.: Trip to Kyrgyzstan, riding there with Kyrgysian horses into the hills, drinking horse milk and vodka, fishing trout, barbequeing lambs, sleeping in an Yurt and learning some wild Kyrgysian swear words. :)

Inbetween these days: Barbequeing and swimming in the baltic sea!

Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

zaqrack

wow Kyrgizistsan, cool!

My schedule might change a lot if my girlfriend's boss won't let her go on holiday in july... this might affect the date of the stunts meeting too.
I'll know a lot more next week.

JTK

Quote from: zaqrack on March 29, 2007, 10:31:10 AM
wow Kyrgizistsan, cool!

Yep! Friends of us come from there and invited us to their beutiful country (we just have to pay the flights, which is very expensive). Otherwise I guess I would not go there for touristic reasons. This is a great opportunity to go there and get to know the people there. Great adventure. :)
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

My summer, so far:

May 17/18-20: MetNet meeting, Orf?
June: Learning, learning, learning, state exam
From then: searching for a job
Mid July: Hegyalja Festival, Tokaj-Rakamaz (a week)
Somewhere in the summer: maybe a bike trip in the country with a friend (5-10 days)
Late August: MetNet meeting, Eger/Becsehely/Paloznak (4 days)
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Whole summer: pretend working (long, hard and hateful program)

Akoss, you mustn't get a degree. ;D

Usrin

May 17/18-20: MetNet meeting, Orf?. But for 19 May, I'm invited to the wedding (and the wedding party) of a friend, to Balatongy?r?k... so I should leave Saturday morning.

There are two versions for the next two months (currently with 50-50% of chance).

Version 1
June 1-July 31: working in Stavanger, Norway (oil business :)), and short trips within the country in weekends

Version 2
Somewhere in these two months: maybe a one-week trip to Ireland (visiting a former university "classmate" who works there)
One week in July: taking part in the lead of a field practice for our students (in Bakony Mountains)
Another week (hopefully not the same): one-week bicycle tour somewhere in Hungary or in Transylvania, with my amateur astronomer friends

From August:
August ~20: Metnet meeting in Eger (they've already started to organize it!) AND Stunts meeting... ??? How could I be at two places in the same time? Akoss, haven't you realized that problem?
August 28-September 3 and September 11-12: second part of the field practice we lead (in Gerecse Mountains)
September 4-10: conference in Patras, Greece, and a short visit to Athens after it (with a colleague)

In the intervals I haven't mentioned specially: working on my project at the university, which will include some fieldwork around P?pa and P?cs, and maybe in North Croatia.

OFF: B?FF! :)
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Krys TOFF

What is MetNet meeting ?

CTG

Quote from: Krys TOFF on March 29, 2007, 11:09:14 PM
What is MetNet meeting ?

Gays of meteorology and some ugly girls in a pack. ;D

Usrin

Quote from: Krys TOFF on March 29, 2007, 11:09:14 PM
What is MetNet meeting ?

MetNet meeting: Rendszeresen megrendezett remek jelenet, melyben rengeteg metnetes egy helyre megy. ;)

It's the meeting of the online community of Hungarian hobby meteorologists... with some scientific program, some nice excursions and a lot of beer, wine and P?linka. :) (Akoss and me are active members of this community, but CTG is also registered to metnet.hu, he's just too shy to appear on a meeting.)
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

And on MetNet meetings, if you are lucky, you can also find pina for yourself! :) (2006/05/27)
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Registered but bored.

zaqrack

We have our final itineriary. Please check if we can meet somewhere.

Some information:
our trip will last 22 days.
from this time we'll travel 99 and a half hours on trains and ferries
sleeping will be mostly arranged in hostels (15 nights) / trains (7 nights)
total cost of the travel will be below 1000 EUR. (230 InterRail ticket, 120 Ferries + Train supplements, 400 Accomodation, 250 EUR food + local transportation)

This is the list of our cities visited + the visiting interval. Bold is where we also sleep for at least a day, not only have a quick visit.

Krakow 8. july 6h-20h
Berlin 9. july 7h - 11.july 8h
Hannover 11. july 11h-14h
Amsterdam 11. july 19h - 14.july 8h
Bruxelles 14. july 11h-16h
Paris 14. july 19h - 17. july 11h
Nice 17. july 18h - 18. july 21h
Roma 19.july 10h - 20. july 9h

Bari 20.july 15h-20h
Kefallonia, Sami 21. july 15h - 25.july 8h
Patras 25.july 8h-23h
Venezia 27. july 7h - 28. july 21h
Budapest 29. july 11h -> ;)

+1 we have one more day to travel free on the train during our trip, so we can make an excursion from Berlin or Amsterdam or Paris

if there is any chance to meet someone please write :)