News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Hello, world!

Started by Duplode, April 23, 2007, 06:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Hi folks; as a newly registered member I feel proper to make some cute introduction post... I first played Stunts somewhere between late '95 and early '96, as a 7-year old kid; it probably was my second or third PC game ever. Since then, I have been racing for at least a couple months every year - there is no game with such replay value, period - , and over the years I got to slowly unveil more and more nifty tricks on this deceptive simplicity which is Stunts. So I found now a proper, if only a tad late, moment to join the community. The next logical step would be entering some competition, and indeed I intend, for now, to race Kalpen keeping a relaxed semi-amateur profile. As you will realize, I'm not a very prolific poster - I rather sit and watch people biting their heads off ;-) -, but I'll be hanging around... so, see you around, fellows.

Mark L. Rivers

Welcome Duplode, every new entry in this world can make good things to preserve a game really unique!
I hope you will enjoy with the races of all contests. Everyone of them has his own characteristics but each one is synonimous of high quality. And if you want to play Stunts as maybe you done when you discovered it (that is without replay handling but restarting from the beginning your race every time that you will want to improve your time or when you crashed), well, maybe you know that there's a contest which offers this possibility in a official way...  ;)

See you on the scoreboards!

Krys TOFF

Welcome aboard Stunts "fellowship of the wheel" Duplode.
See you soon in the scoreboards. ;)

JTK

Quote from: Duplode on April 23, 2007, 06:09:26 AM
...and indeed I intend, for now, to race Kalpen keeping a relaxed semi-amateur profile...
Hi Duplode, welcome to the Stunts community and of course - welcome to my contest! ;D ::) 8)
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

boussini

Hi
welcome , I'm also new here and I entered a submission also to the kalpen competition series

cheers and enjoy

grtz from Belgium
drive it like you stole it, drift it like you own it

Chulk

2 new pipsqueaks! Stunts community is re-borning? Welcome!!!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

DieselJoe

Yay, welcome you two!  :) May you be more active than me! ;)
"Why can't we not be sober?"
Tool

JTK

Quote from: DieselJoe on April 25, 2007, 10:28:54 AM
:) May you be more active than me! ;)

May you be active, again! What about a little race at Kalpen's...? ;)

CTG

boussini

damn the kalpen current track is luring some competitors
is there a replay by someone so i can practice some "trics"?

grtz

D,

Krys TOFF

Welcome Boussini too. I like Belgium. Did you saw the funny rent-a-wife Belgium ad and the website before it was closed ?

Krys TOFF

Quote from: boussinidamn the kalpen current track is luring some competitors
is there a replay by someone so i can practice some "trics"?
Usually, replay exchanges are made only between teammates. Or you'll be able to download the winning replay once the competition on the track is finished.
Maybe you should ask if a team would like to let you join the "teams" section ?

boussini

thanx guy's

on the wife thing , didn't notice that,
on the team thing, I'd rather try a bit on my one and be a little better before entering a team so i can't disgrace the "team"

but we'll see i'm currently practising the whole manual shifting phase etc.

Duplode

but we'll see i'm currently practising the whole manual shifting phase etc.

Yay, adapting to manuals will take a while for me as well. BTW, do you guys think manual transmission advatanges are largely track-dependent (e.g. easier power gearing, etc.) or the whole automatic system sucks in general (and so one can cut off quite a number of seconds on every track)?

JTK

Manual transmission is far better: You can shift earlier, you can use downshifting as brakes, you can far, far earlier get into power gear with the Indy. No automatic driver ever got the fast times the manually racing ones had achieved. So if you want to race seriously you should switch to manual transmission. (For example I am not so eager and still love the automatic transmission but see my times at Zakstunts - uaaah, terrible :-X)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the title of the ZCT242 track, from ZakStunts season 2021?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview