News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

NORH-R4/2007 ? ?SMART?

Started by Mark L. Rivers, April 29, 2007, 07:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

Be "Smart"!

It's time to present the new dazzling challenge living it inside your Melange!  :)  You know the car, it doesn?t need presentation: speed, grip, steering. In a word: smart. You know what kind of driver SDR needs: fast, able, imaginative. In a word: smart. You don?t know this track. But don?t you imagine how could it be? Yes: ?Smart?!  8)   Enjoy with the 2nd track entirely dedicated to NORH drivers!  :)  Start is behind the corner: 1st May at 00:00:01!

Mark L. Rivers

Track is available! Gentlemen, start your engines!  ;)

Krys TOFF

This track has typical "Mark-ish" elements and has a good rythm. Car is well apropriated for the track. Well done, I enjoyed a lot to do noRH race on this one. Be sure I'll race it again.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Krys TOFF on May 03, 2007, 10:58:16 AM
This track has typical "Mark-ish" elements and has a good rythm. Car is well apropriated for the track. Well done, I enjoyed a lot to do noRH race on this one. Be sure I'll race it again.

I'm very happy to know your comments. When I designe a NORH track, I always try to make it thinking to the emotions that an engaged driver can feel driving is car as fast as he can.  ;)

Duplode

Indeed a very neat track, Mark. By the time I get satisfied with a NORH replay on it my keyboard will have been already punched to death, but oh well...

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on May 05, 2007, 06:58:43 AM
Indeed a very neat track, Mark.

Thanks Duplode  :)

Quote from: Duplode on May 05, 2007, 06:58:43 AM
By the time I get satisfied with a NORH replay on it my keyboard will have been already punched to death, but oh well...

Head, heart, ability, firm nerves and... patience!  ;)

Mark L. Rivers

A "Smart" duel: I and Krys soon on the track researching the right strategy!  :) For the moment I get 1 bonus point resulting 2" faster than Krys (0,5 bonuspoints), but maybe leading time is too much fast to be easily lowered at next checkpoint...  ::)   So Krys will have more possibilities to get a whole bonus point next Sunday!  ;)  Anyway, we sure are waiting Chulk: what kind of time will he reach at his outset...?  ???

Duplode

I would like to send a video on this before Sunday's checkpoint (at last I found time to setup DOSBox!). If my motherboard does not bust up till then (real possibility...), there's a fair chance of me getting a decent (for last place, that is!) lap.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: DuplodeIf my motherboard does not bust up till then (real possibility...)
Damn. I keep fingers crossed hoping it won't happen to you.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on May 11, 2007, 02:45:56 PM
I would like to send a video on this before Sunday's checkpoint (at last I found time to setup DOSBox!). If my motherboard does not bust up till then (real possibility...), there's a fair chance of me getting a decent (for last place, that is!) lap.

Wonderful news!!!  :) :) :)
I hope you succeed to make your lap that it will be anyway a great lap!  :)

Chulk

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on May 05, 2007, 09:02:30 AM
I find that quite familiar :-\ D?j? vu?
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Chulk on May 12, 2007, 07:30:12 AM
Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on May 05, 2007, 09:02:30 AM
I find that quite familiar :-\ D?j? vu?
Maybe for you... but maybe not for a new possible player of NORH races like Duplode...  :)

Duplode

Quote from: Krys TOFF on May 11, 2007, 04:21:18 PM
Quote from: DuplodeIf my motherboard does not bust up till then (real possibility...)
Damn. I keep fingers crossed hoping it won't happen to you.

Sooner or later, it will... It stops about a dozen times during boot/XP loading, then runs for some 3-6 hours before freezing/rebooting or going to a blue screen (I've seen about a dozen diferent ones too), and then remaining very unstable till the next day. At least I can borrow another PC at home, so my situation is not that awful if I get to backup in time and get used to a daltonic monitor (Stunts looks rather sad with gray grass, I tell you).

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on May 13, 2007, 01:17:05 AMStunts looks rather sad with gray grass, I tell you.
I know the feeling. I had that same problem with my old PC (grass & water where confusing!)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

2nd Checkpoint

Chulk irrupts on the track with a very fast time, but not enough to catch a whole bonus point: I succeed to stay ahead him lowering over 1"50 my previous time!  8)   Great outset by Chulk who stops the chronometer at 1'03"80. Predicting a strong time by Chulk and to avoid he could catch too much bonus points, I had lowered yet my time twice: before 1'03"55 and then 1'02"90.  ;)  Good time for me, enough to defeat the Chulk's attack, but not enough to conquer other bonus points: in fact for only 0"35 I didn't succed to lower my time over 3%, and so I must be content only to limit the score of Chulk.   ::)   And now it's beginning a new week of race. It's appeare impossible for me I could conquer other bonus points.  :-\But sure this is possible for the others, leader permitting, sure...!  ;)