News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Gyöngyös (USC 47)

Started by CTG, May 02, 2007, 04:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

As for me, TOP5 will mean about 1:50-1:52.

CTG

Damn it, my mailbox sucks... It seems like e-mails containing unknown (.RPL) filenames are going automatically to spam directory since there's a new engine of Freemail. If you sent a replay in this month which is not on the scoreboard yet, please tell!

Krys TOFF

Or else we can zip replay before sending it. Zip files are recognized I think.

CTG

No problem from now, I switched off spam filter.

Krys TOFF

Listfiller replay sent yesterday evening. I spent almost 1 hour trying to adjust DOSBox parameters to make the game run as good as with my old computer, but I failed.

Either the game is running smoothly but too fast to properly do corners or some tricks, or it is at correct speed but too jerked to be played properly. So I race in the too fast mode so far, but with no good results so far...

I don't know if it's because I use DOSBox 0.7 instead of 0.65 as before, or if it is due to Vista, or if it is due to speed of the processor, but DOSBox parameters are not linked to the game emulated, but to the computer, now that's for sure.

I think I have to keep racing Stunts in pure DOS on my very old pentium 166MMX computer. But as it is in my daughter's bedroom, I can't play it during the week in the evenings as I usually do because she has to sleep soon in the evening, so I can only use it in the week-ends... Deadline is tonight, I fear to stay a listfiller on this one...

CTG

What about installing XP on another partition?

CTG

Very last help with a small double speed video, I suggest to follow the speed of each corners, not section times.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rJdsfYLZeIQ

(YouTube is still processing, maybe in 10-15 minutes it will be available)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on June 08, 2007, 10:52:27 AM
What about installing XP on another partition?
I don't want to do numerous partitions but I would like to have :
- 1 for multiboot DOS (choices between main 640k memory or EMS memory or XMS memory used in order to play properly abandonware games without DOSBox parameters adjustements for each game) and Win 98SE for programs not compatibles with XP,
- 1 for XP due to lack of full compatibility between XP and Vista (not so much programs and games, maybe I won't need this one)
- 1 for Mandriva 7 (linux) for Linux-based Stunts sequels or Stunts-inspired games.

Partitions are space-costing in the hard drive, and either they are too big, or they are too short.

Maybe I found another useful software : Vitrual PC 2007. Free. From MicroSoft. Works under XP and Vista.
It allows to install a virtual computer with another OS as long as OS is different from main one of the computer. Each virtual machine will be a file, and size of each programs added in each virtual machine makes the file bigger. Uninstall one program in a virtual manchine and file will be shorter. Best way to avoid loosing hard drive space IMO.
Also, this system allow you to change OS used without re-booting computer.
Known issue : requires new computer (dual-core) to work fine, especially if you want to use 2 virtual machines at the same time. No problem : my new computer is like that now. ;D

I'll test it soon and if it works fine I'll add the infos in the "Stunts under XP/Linux How to" topic of the newbie section.

CTG

Final results: soon.

CTG

1 Dottore - champion is still champion  8)
2 Chulk - 0.05 from his first victory  ::)
3 CTG - close to the fire but not his best  :-\
4 Werda - ass kicking shape, MOR!  :o
5 CTG - far from his best  :P
6 Mark - suffering with Corvette   ???
7 CTG - average race  :)
8 AbuRaf 70 - not his car  :(
9 Krys Toff - I forgive this performance because of his computer problems  ;D
10 Sergio Baro - another 1 point  ;)

Great race guys! Let's move to the next track - and UnskilledStunts League too!