News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT 75

Started by Krys TOFF, May 07, 2007, 10:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

This is quite strange. I have the same problem when I try to continue your replay, but I made replays for me (with Helen in NSX car like me) and got no problem. My demo replay with Otto shows that it's not auto-gears bug.
Maybe it's because you gave a different car instead of the same as yours. I'll try to make a replay from scratch with Bernie and LM0002 like you did and I'll tell you what happens.

Krys TOFF

OK, 2 replays made quickly, both versus Bernie and with auto gears.
When Bernie is driving the LM0002, the replay doesn't finish.
When Bernie is racing with same car as me (that is Acura NSX), then the replay is finished.

So, for unknown reason, it seems you have to race versus an opponent (the one you want, it doesn't matter) AND give him the same car as yours. Anyway, all opponents crash at the first jump.

zaqrack

wow, a bug unknown to bug master krys too :)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: zaqrack on May 20, 2007, 07:57:29 PM
Well, sorry for beeing only human. ;D

Anyway, I suggest people with the unfinished replay bug to send their replays by mail to Zak for him to add them in the scoreboard. Why do you think about it Zak ?

Also, what about my idea for Z76 sent to you by PM Zak ?

CTG

Quote from: Krys TOFF on May 20, 2007, 11:37:58 PM

ToffStunts ;D

Duplode

Good news and bad news - the good one is I *might* have found a solution for the bug, the bad beign it would involve a slight rule change... Similar problems I had while trying to build a weird dual-way (actually dual-sense) track (problems which also were car-dependent) motivated a couple tests on ZCT75. Results of my laps were (on my XP/DOSBox system, this could be system-dependent as well):

*Acura NSX vs. Clock : Lap does not end
*Acura NSX vs. Otto's NSX : Lap does not end either
*Indy vs. Otto's Indy : Lap does not end as well
*Indy vs. Clock : Something even weirder - I get 0:53 penalty at pitstop!

The penalty was inflicted only when I deviated from the course to run through the spare car - running straight through the pits gave no penalty at all. Seeing this, I aborted the lap and reverted to...

*Acura NSX vs. Clock, without driving through spare car : Lap completed!

Heaven knows what the pathfinding engine of Stunts thinks... anyway, a probably working solution would be to cross the pitlane without getting into the spare car. Of course it would shorten the times a couple seconds, but don't think it would be a big problem ATM. And of course, it makes the track less cute...  :-[

zaqrack

Quote from: zaqrack on May 20, 2007, 07:57:29 PM
Well, sorry for beeing only human. ;D

Anyway, I suggest people with the unfinished replay bug to send their replays by mail to Zak for him to add them in the scoreboard. Why do you think about it Zak ?

replay sending: OK
Z76: I liked it and planned a track like that by myself too. If you could prepare it i'll be grateful :)

zaqrack

Quote from: CTG on May 21, 2007, 12:50:56 AM

ToffStunts ;D

well, until August something like that ;) june=state exam preps, july = not at home, travelling.
we might end this season earlier and prepare something great from august.

thanks for the help Krys!

DieselJoe

Quote from: Duplode on May 21, 2007, 02:28:01 AM[...]
*Acura NSX vs. Otto's NSX : Lap does not end either
[...]
Heaven knows what the pathfinding engine of Stunts thinks... anyway, a probably working solution would be to cross the pitlane without getting into the spare car. Of course it would shorten the times a couple seconds, but don't think it would be a big problem ATM. And of course, it makes the track less cute...  :-[
Sounds like the most extensive examination of that bug until now, thanks guy! ;) Seems like Krys' solution with same cars for both drivers doesn't always work... :-\
As the scoreboard is still quiet empty and as there are still 12 days remaining, I would also vote for the solution to simply drive straight through the pitlane, or to change the track a little bit and close the gap with some piece of road.
What do the others think about that?
"Why can't we not be sober?"
Tool

Krys TOFF

Thanks for completing my tests with yours Duplode. Mine were made under Win9x, not XP.

Possibilities :
- drive throught pit lane without going to pitstop.
- replace square with the car by a simple straight mud line (in order to identify the good pitstop and to reproduce the fact that car is slowered as there's no road for the moment in this square, just the car).
- keep the track as is, and valid replay manually (that means pipsqueaks send replays by mail and Zak will have to spend time vallidating them and updating scoreboard manually).

Let Zak choose. Personnally I think the best would be to do the 3rd one. But it's time-costing for Zak...

Krys TOFF

Quote from: zaqrack
Quote from: Krys TOFFwhat about my idea for Z76 sent to you by PM Zak ?
Z76: I liked it and planned a track like that by myself too. If you could prepare it i'll be grateful :)
OK then. Get prepared to crash your LM0002 in June guys. ;D

JTK

Quote from: Krys TOFF on May 21, 2007, 11:55:48 AM
Personnally I think the best would be to do the 3rd one. But it's time-costing for Zak...
I also think that. But what does Zak mean? I don't think you have to evaluate too much replays in the end, will you?
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Krys TOFF

If needed, I can help to validate replays between 21H and midnight the 31st of May. My wife watches the French version of Pop Idol on thursday evening, so I have full access to computer. ;)

JTK

Quote from: Krys TOFF on May 21, 2007, 04:26:04 PM
My wife watches the French version of Pop Idol on thursday evening, so I have full access to computer.
:D :D :D Oh gosh, my wife was also very eager on watching that... :o ;)
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

CTG

What a shame I don't have a TV in the hostel for my girlfriend... ;D