News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

NORH - R5/2007 - "ABANDON"

Started by Mark L. Rivers, May 29, 2007, 09:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

Abandoned buildings, abandoned roads, abandoned bridges. World is sadly full of these uncompleted works. But sometimes, they offer a suggestive scenery where to stage an absorbing Stunts race! It?s sure so for the new SDR challenge entirely dedicated to NORH racing: ?Abandon?! What kind of track will it be? A track a bit long than previous, but easier, above all in the first 15?. What will this mean? In ?Smart?, after the jumps serial at the beginning, a driver knew immediately if it was futile to continue his race, and maybe he interrupted it a lot of times even if he had not risked. In ?Abandon? there will be a crucial passage around 20?, but, differently from ?Smart?, it will result FATAL only if a driver will push very hard (and not simply for the choice of the trajectory, not always easy to guess). In other words, it will be the risk that a driver will take (and not simply the track) to determine the prosecution of the race. So this race will be very suitable in order to approach the half of the season! The challenge for the title would seem by now restricted to Chulk and me, exactly like last year. But all can still be written! So this race will give us some important answers: will current leader be able to defeat the Chulk?s rescue? Or, after two subsequent victories, will Chulk become the new leader of the contest? Will other drivers? results affect the challenge for the title? Who will be on the podium at the end of the season? How will bonus point affect the final score? Remembering that there will be only 62 hours between Start and the 1st checkpoint, drivers have only to jump very soon on their Porsche 962, driving through some modern ruins until the finish?. but without crashes and fast, very fast!  ;)

Chulk

I don't like having only 62 hours until first checkpoint as I usually don't have time to race (Class, study, playing football with friends, beeing with my girlfriend and so on) on the weekend. Maybe I'll race Friday morning but I'm not sure. Or maybe Thursday night if track is available at 00:00 hours (It's still Thursday here).
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

Track is available! Gentlemen, start your engines... and remember: only 62 hours to the 1st checkpoint!  ;)

Chulk

Ok, I have time to race tonight then. Don't expect much anyway.

Mark L. Rivers

1st Checkpoint

Great result by Duplode who leads the contest at 1st checkpoint!!  :)  Very fast lap by the brazilian driver who conquers 1 bonus point preceding me (almost 1" his gap but 0,5 bonus point) and Chulk (over 4" with a listfiller video sent in the only short moment he could go down on the track  ::)). And now it will be interesting to know what it will happen at next checkpoint: does Duplode succeed to remain at lead conquering other 2 bonus points? Or will I and above all Chulk want to fix their leadership in current championship? Will Krys TOFF join next week with a faster time? Well, it seems a race that will give us strong emotions!  :)

Krys TOFF

I had no time to test it so far... Expect a replay for next "checkpoint".

Chulk

And expect strong leading time by me (to make sure I get LTB +1)

Duplode

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on June 05, 2007, 03:56:54 AM
Sure, we'll be waiting!
Wrong! I'll be waiting (in the finnish line)  ;D

Just kidding

Mark L. Rivers

I think it?s a good thing if I make more transparent my participation in SDR. In other words, I think it?s correct to publish my times when I realize them, and not only at checkpoints. I think that a good solution could be this one: When I?ll establish my final time of each week of race, I?ll attach on the correspondent topic of the race a zip-file containing my time. To open the zip-file it will be necessary a password that I?ll publish in the same topic only after the checkpoint. If you are able to decrypt it, oh well? ok! Otherwise, you must wait I?ll publish the password after the checkpoint? ;)

The following file contains my final time in ABANDON for Checkpoint 2.

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Abandon_Mark_CP2.zip

Krys TOFF

Fair attitude Mark. You had complains regarding times made by you ?

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Krys TOFF on June 06, 2007, 09:17:09 AM
Fair attitude Mark. You had complains regarding times made by you ?

No, but I think it's correct so.  :)

Krys TOFF

WTF ? Can't download tracks ? Neither RH nor noRH track !
When I click on track names, i get an error page !

Krys TOFF

OK, link is correct in download page, it's just the main page links that are wrong (there's a / instead of a \ it seems).

Krys TOFF

MOTHERF*CKING VISTA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default status of ALL programs in "Program Files" directory is READ ONLY !
All my noRH videos have NOT been recorded on the hard drive and DOSBox never signaled it. Program told "recording" while it was unable to record anything. Holy sh*t !