News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

RH - R5/2007 - "TETRIS"

Started by Mark L. Rivers, May 29, 2007, 09:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

We are going to arrive at the half of the championship and it?s time to do some considerations just before R5, a race that tell us more clearly who want to climb on final podium, especially on the tallest step. Looking the general classification, we can see a couple of drivers, Chulk and me, who are leading the season with about ten points on AbuRaf70, about 20 points on Krys TOFF and 25-30 points on CTG (2 races missed), SuperBrian and Zak McKracken (2 races missed). More detached Paleke and Sergio Baro. What can we said about? Well, with 6 tracks still to race and a bonus points system that can permit to gain until 21 points in a unique race (AbuRaf70 learns!), there are sure possibilities for many drivers to win the title. Moreover, all could encounter some suddens missing one or more races, and this could easily change the classification. So, all the firsts 6 in classification can really still aspire to the final victory, but next race maybe could be the last chance for some of them to remain on the train for the title. appropriately, next race won?t be marked from a specific quality or characteristic but it will include 4 different sections really engaging whereto it will need a different quality for everyone of them: fluency for the 1st one, acrobatics for the 2nd one, speed for the 3rd one and steering for the last one. This should make a very balanced race not favouring any driver in order of his own characteristics. Who will be able to match all the components so to succeed to make a ?perfect line?? Remembering that there will be only 62 hours between Start and the 1st checkpoint, jump inside your Porsche 962 and demonstrate how you are able to play at ?Tetris?!  ;)

CTG

P962 is the worse IMSA car. Even Bonzai Joe hates it. ;D

Chulk

I like better than Jaguar but I'm not sure why. I feel steering is better as well as top speed, but I'm no sure about it.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Top speed is the same, P962 has better acceleration but a bit delayed steering.

Mark L. Rivers

Track is available! Gentlemen, start your engines... and remember: only 62 hours to the 1st checkpoint!  ;)

Mark L. Rivers

In this firsts 62 hours, 4 drivers on the track and a very strong time yet by Chulk! The argentinian driver leads with 1'01"60 ahead me (2nd) AbuRaf70 (3rd) and Duplode who starts is adventure on SDR RH contest!  :) :)   While we're waiting other drivers join in next week, we can say that sure Chulk seems to be intentioned to stay ahead all since from the beginning to the end, but will his first time permit him to catch many other bonus points?  ???  If it will be so, he'll sure can re-overtake me in general classification...  ::)   So it will be very difficult for me to calculate which time he must be reach at next checkpoint...  :-\   Well, we know it next Sunday!  ;)

Chulk

I thought Mark's time was about 1:02.00 or so, I should have braked a little...

Duplode

Funny, I feel I also miscalculated my opponents 1st chepoint performance, only in the other direction  ;D.

CTG

Very first try, workplace, no sound, auto trm, 5 minutes RH: 1:04.95. Nice, typical MLR track. I'll join the race again. :)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: CTG on June 05, 2007, 04:35:52 PM
Very first try, workplace, no sound, auto trm, 5 minutes RH: 1:04.95. Nice, typical MLR track. I'll join the race again. :)

Happy to know it!  :)

CTG

Chulk

My goal is winning, I don't care about lap time! ;D

CTG

Good point! ;D But as I can't see other results I have to put up my goal in final time. Now it changed to 52. :)

Mark L. Rivers

As I wrote on "Abandon" topic, I think it?s a good thing if I make more transparent my participation in SDR. So... the following file contains my final time in TETRIS for Checkpoint 2. Password to open it will be published after the checkpoint...  ;)

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Tetris_Mark_CP2.zip

Chulk

Good idea but I think nobody ever questioned your racing or your times. Did I miss someones complaint or anything?