News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT 77 - Offroad

Started by Krys TOFF, June 11, 2007, 03:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Track design in progress.
Special rule for this track : checkpoints and offroad race.
Car : Audi Quattro Sport (logical : a rally car for an offroad race). ;)

CTG

It's really getting more T?ffStunts than Zak's... :D

Paleke

Yep, looks like... :P

Just one question: why are we talking about the new track, if it will start in 20 days? ??? (is there something I'm missing?)
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

zaqrack

Quote from: CTG on June 11, 2007, 04:26:17 PM
It's really getting more T?ffStunts than Zak's... :D

ZCT77 is a warmup for a really insane ZCT78 made by me. We've alreadyl settled things with Krys ;)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: PalekeJust one question: why are we talking about the new track, if it will start in 20 days? ??? (is there something I'm missing?)
To let everyone remember that ZakStunts is not dead. It seems only a few replays are sent last days, so it's a way to make people think of current track (and expect the next too, but not so soon in the month).

JTK

Aaaaahrgghhh... the Audi...  :-X
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Chulk

I like the car, but I'm not so sure about Off road racing...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Paleke

Quote from: Krys TOFF on June 11, 2007, 07:58:58 PM
Quote from: PalekeJust one question: why are we talking about the new track, if it will start in 20 days? ??? (is there something I'm missing?)
To let everyone remember that ZakStunts is not dead. It seems only a few replays are sent last days, so it's a way to make people think of current track (and expect the next too, but not so soon in the month).

Ok... That reminds me that I haven't raced this month... yet  ;)

Quote from: Chulk on June 12, 2007, 06:35:21 PM

I like the car too, but I won't say anything about the offroad racing (yet), because I'm not sure what is he talking about. Somehow I feel it will be something like in Trackmania Nations "offroad" tracks, but it can't be right...
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Paleke on June 12, 2007, 11:27:44 PM

I like the car too, but I won't say anything about the offroad racing (yet), because I'm not sure what is he talking about. Somehow I feel it will be something like in Trackmania Nations "offroad" tracks, but it can't be right...

I think Krys are talking about a race on many dirt elements and/or with many shortcuts available... Isn't it, Krys...?  ;)

Chulk

I like "many shortcuts available" but I really dislike "many dirt elements". Which one is it Krys?

CTG

Audi is great, offroad too. ;D

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on June 13, 2007, 06:18:04 AM
Quote from: Paleke on June 12, 2007, 11:27:44 PM

I think Krys are talking about a race on many dirt elements and/or with many shortcuts available... Isn't it, Krys...?  ;)
Off road doesn't mean dirt roads (even if there will be some dirt road elements). It means off road. ;D

some explanations :
- small round track to make it valid regarding Stunts game engine
- 5 tunnels used as checkpoints
- many roads and Stunts elements in the map, not a clear track
- you have to go through each tunnel (not jumping above, going through is required) to valid checkpoint crossing
- pathway used and checkpoint order is your own choice
- once the 5 checkpoints have been crossed, then go to the finish line

Paleke

Chulk

I don't have a strong opinion about it yet, because I haven't race any track like that before, but it sounds great!

Krys TOFF

Main difficulty is to balance properly the different possible orders to cross the checkpoints. It should be fun, once the track is finished, to watch the replays and see the ways chosen by the pipsqueaks.