News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT 77 - Offroad

Started by Krys TOFF, June 11, 2007, 03:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

Well, it sounds really dazzling!
And, if I knew well, penalty time won't be a problem... Am I wrong...?  ;)

Chulk

I think you're right as Krys said there will be a round track to prevent stunts engine from failing.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

I did some tests yesterday evening and I modified the position of one checkpoint to be sure nobody will have penalty whatever the way chosen to cross the checkpoints : I put one checkpoint in the small round track. ;D

I have to modify again some parts because for the moment one way is obviously faster than the others.
Other tests planned this week and when it will be correct I'll add the scenery and send it to Zak with a slow demo replay made in auto gears.

For info, this concept is close to what you'll encounter in the Paris-Stunts-Dakar (PSD) event of the future Stunts Career project. Except that with PSD finish line won't be same as starting line, like real rally-raid.

CTG

LOL it sounds like an idea of mine from 2003. My concept was to build a very long track and each races would complete a smaller section of it. I never published such a race because I thought nobody will find it interesting and Mingva would cry about the possible cheats...

Krys TOFF

PSD will reproduce the map of south Europe and north Africa. But it will have only 4 steps and not a lot more like real Dakar race (which is not starting in Paris anymore sadly).

Duplode

My track map is already printed  :P

CTG

Would you be so kind as to change the horizont? I think it makes my Stunts frozen (80%). When it works, it makes me sick. Please change it!!!

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on July 03, 2007, 05:44:50 PM
Would you be so kind as to change the horizont? I think it makes my Stunts frozen (80%). When it works, it makes me sick. Please change it!!!
According to the track I thought it was a perfect weird horizon. :P
I don't know why Stunts crash would be due to it... I did numerous tests during "track" creation and game never crashed.
But if it's ok for Zak we can change the horizon, no problem.

Mark L. Rivers

Great race, as I thought!  :)
But I'll test the track only tomorrow, in the evening my first time...   ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Simply I couldn't wait... ;)  My time is easily beatable. But I think there are only two ways to follow aiming the victory, and one of them appears faster than other one... But maybe I'm wrong, and anyway I hope there won't be a pink (red or yellow or blue or green or whatever colour you want...) line to describe in a whatever picture a suggested best way! :)

CTG

Okay so here are the maps... ;D (kidding)

CTG

Shall we add the penalty time? I got +3 seconds.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTGShall we add the penalty time? I got +3 seconds.
Add it if you get some, but you can also avoid to get penalty. ;D

CTG

I can, but it's shorter even with penalty ;D

Krys TOFF

Zak : the map in "explain me" is the one of Z76, not Z77. ;)