News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

what permanent competition...

Started by al il professore, February 14, 2003, 11:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

BonzaiJoe

Wow, that's really impressive...
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Current medal table of permanent tracks:

Original tracks

3-2-0 Renato Biker
2-0-2 Bonzai Joe
1-0-0 Duplode
0-2-3 Gutix
0-1-0 Alan Rotoi
0-1-0 Mark L. Rivers
0-0-1 Ayrton

Closed tracks

6-0-0 Renato Biker
0-4-0 CTG
0-1-0 Alain
0-1-0 Mark L. Rivers
0-0-4 Gutix
0-0-2 Bonzai Joe

Overall

9-2-0 Renato Biker (what's the problem with Skids? :D)
2-0-4 Bonzai Joe
1-0-0 Duplode
0-4-0 CTG
0-2-7 Gutix
0-2-0 Mark L. Rivers
0-1-0 Alain
0-1-0 Alan Rotoi
0-0-1 Ayrton

BonzaiJoe

I still don't think the closed tracks are of any real significance. There's no general set of rules. Some of them are with ISA rules, some of them OWOOT but allowing shortcuts and dual-way switching, and some of them are based on the weird watery versions of the original tracks.

BonzaiJoe

I think the problem with Skid's is that it's too easy. The Biker doesn't have the advantage of being able to pull off 32489395324 hours of very dedicated and professional RH here because any decent pipsqueak can drive a near-perfect lap on Skids within 30 minutes.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on March 28, 2013, 05:28:40 PM
I still don't think the closed tracks are of any real significance. There's no general set of rules. Some of them are with ISA rules, some of them OWOOT but allowing shortcuts and dual-way switching, and some of them are based on the weird watery versions of the original tracks.

But still, they are part of permanent competition's history. No extra regulations, please.

Friker

Quote from: CTG on March 28, 2013, 08:38:31 PM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on March 28, 2013, 05:28:40 PM

But still, they are part of permanent competition's history. No extra regulations, please.

I would leave them out too. We can race on any track pretending it's important than.. (which is not a bad idea, but I find closed tracks based on default tracks annoying)

CTG

They survived the last 12 years - should stay.

BonzaiJoe

Well, imagine if that argument had won all through history  :P

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on June 03, 2013, 10:32:39 AM
Well, imagine if that argument had won all through history  :P

If closed tracks will be removed from permanent section, I'll re-publish them in USC.

(You can agree or disagree, but so many pipsqueaks pushed hard on these tracks - they should stay in permanent status. Even if not as the part of the "classic" permanents.)

BonzaiJoe

I don't mind that they are there, I just think that when we compare results on permanent tracks, it makes no sense if they are counted.

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on March 07, 2013, 08:44:53 AM
I think I should rather implement the automatic update as for the normal scoreboard. It's just a couple of hours coding... please stay tuned...

I'm tuned, but permanent competition is still the same. ::)

CTG

Quote from: CTG on August 07, 2013, 08:39:43 AM
I think I should rather implement the automatic update as for the normal scoreboard. It's just a couple of hours coding... please stay tuned...

So... if I send some new laps in e-mail, will you update the scoreboards? ::)

CTG

Quote from: CTG on September 27, 2013, 03:42:20 PM
Quote from: CTG on August 07, 2013, 08:39:43 AM

So... if I send some new laps in e-mail, will you update the scoreboards? ::)

::) ::) ::)

CTG

Quote from: ZakStunts, Permanent tracks section (emphasis added by me)
These are permanent competitions (they last forever) on the default tracks shipped with stunts, and on the closed versions of these. Simply download the tracks if you don`t have them, race on it, and send the replay. Rules are simple, you can use any car (not tuned of course!), and replay handling. Your name will be listed here, doesn't matter what place you achieve.
Good luck!

So... closed tracks should really stay. :D

Btw what about an expanded permanent competition? All the original+closed tracks, separate scoreboard for each cars (original pack + any other non-rocket car ever used in ZakStunts). Since nobody has enough time to play for leading all the scoreboards, it would give a nice and more balanced eternal competition.  ;)

I remember 2002, when permanent records were still at human level - any newbies could make a TOP3 result. I think the huge amount of different options would give some enthusiasm to the non-addict players, too.