News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

International Stunts Master 2008

Started by Mark L. Rivers, June 13, 2007, 08:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

Here it is the first reply: I succeed to reach a time 60 centiseconds lower than Duplode, but, due to the current LTB assigned, I?m leading for only 0,10 second, for the moment. Will there be enough time so to see the gap becoming 1,10 second (-0,50 Duplode, +0,50 me) or a new leading time (maybe just from Duplode...) will appear on the scoreboard? Let's see! ;)

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/ISM/2008/index_ISM2008.htm

BonzaiJoe

Surely you're not saying virtual leading time bonus counts in the leading time race? That's not going to last...
But we can't be quite sure.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 10, 2008, 07:41:23 PM
Surely you're not saying virtual leading time bonus counts in the leading time race? That's not going to last...

Well, LTB is calculated only counting the time of the replay, not counting the position on the scoreboard. Anyway, it could be possible that a driver who realizes the best time doesn't reach immediately the first place on the scoreboard. That could happen to me today if I realized, for example, 1:18,35 instead 1:18,10. With 1:18,35 I would have obtained a total time of 1:17,85 (1:18,35 -0,50, that is the 2nd current leading time behind Duplode who had 14 hours of leading time yet), while Duplode has 1:17,70 (1:18,70 -1,00, first current leading time), so I would have reached only the 2nd place on the scoreboard. In that case I would have reached the first place only when my leading time overtook his leading time.
I hope to have explained my thought well enough...

Mark L. Rivers

Update!

Great activity in the first day of the Final Round!  :) Seven replays from 5 drivers: Duplode after only 4 minutes from start, AbuRaf70 at midday (mail received with strange delay), me in the afternoon, Zak McKracken and Bonzai Joe in early and late evening! And the double times of the two members of Cork's Crew were really heavy...   8)   After only an hour of my leading time (anyway it's still the 3rd current leading time, that is 0,30 second), outset of Bonzai Joe who takes the lead destroying the previous leading time bring the limit 2,5 seconds lower.  :o   40 minutes later, outset of Zak McKracken who marks the 2nd time even if 2 seconds behind his teammate. The hungarian ace improves 2 hours later approaching very much BJ: 0,40 seconds the thin gap!  :)   But less than hour and the great danish driver sends a time that falls like a hard sandstone on the scoreboard: 1:13,85!!  :o :o :o  Absolutely impressive!!! So now BJ leads availing also the 1st current LTB (1,0) ahead Zak (no LTB for the moment), me (0,30 LTB), Duplode (0,50 LTB) and AbuRaf70, waiting for Chulk. Well really a spectacular and thunderous beginning for the last act of this event!  :) :)  And now the queston is...: who will be able to overtake (maybe only "approach"...) the galactic time of BJ?   8)

Mark L. Rivers

Update!

Quite big step on for me!  :)  I succeeded to overtake Zak reducing my gap from BJ under 1 second (0,95). Anyway, current LTB (btw, leading time of BJ has reached 22 hours) increases furtherly the gap (+0,70), so BJ leads effectively with 1,65 on me. And in this moment I really don?t know how I could fill the missing gap?  :-\
But we are waiting for Chulk's outset and for new times from Duplode, Zak and AbuRaf70, so... BJ's leading time could be attacked! Let's see!  ;)

Duplode

Indeed it will be very hard to stop BJ...

Chulk

I'm away on the Univesity trip mentioned before, so no racing for me until next week. Lucky for you...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

Update!

Duplode lowers remarkably his time (more than 2 seconds) and, also availing his 2nd current leading time (0,50 LTB), he reaches Zak McKracken pairing him at 3rd place! Previous Chulk's message tell us he will be able to race only next week, so we can't see from him an immediately "action" to stop BJ's leading time which has reached by now 35 hours... Will we see an attack in the week-end? Maybe, even if it seems really strong time as it appeared since its reception...  ::)

Mark L. Rivers

Update!

And, suddenly, the attack is arrived!! Maxouting his previous replay, I succeeded to overtake Bonzai Joe stopping his leading time at 40 hours, a big surprise even for me!  :o :) :) :) I thought too hard until few hours ago improving so much in a so little time!  :)   Having a longer leading time, BJ is still leading for 0,60 second, but the positions could change if I will keep the lead for the next 40 hours, due to the exchange of our respective LTB. So the week-end will lapse waiting also for an unexpected replay until this morning, and we mean the BJ's replay! ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Update!

Third update in this day is needed due to a new leading time!  :)  Zak McKracken snatches the provisional first place to me establishing a new thunderous limit: 1:13,45!!  :o  With his fantastic time, Zak pairs me for the moment (my time is 0,30 second worse but I can count of 0,30 second of LTB due to the 3rd current leading time), but if he will lead for other 8 hours he will be alone in 2nd position and more near to BJ who is still leading due to the LTB (a whole second)! Will leading time change again in this dazzling week-end? The fight to catch the LTB at stake seems really hard!  8)

Mark L. Rivers

Update!

A new leader: Zak McKracken improves again lowering the limit of the track and now, thanks also to the 2nd current leading time (15 hours at the moment) he leads the classification!!!  8)  Really strongly engaged the hungarian champion who could aim now to reach the 1st current leading time (BJ, 40 hours) lunging furtherly! Wow, until this moment a big show indeed!!  :) :) :)

Mark L. Rivers

Update!

Step on for AbuRaf70 who takes out about 2 seconds from his previous time. He's still quite far from the vertex, but we know as the surprising argentinian is able to approaching very fast times by multi-little steps...  :)  Meanwhile Zak's leading time has reached by now 35 hours, and if he will keep the first position for other 6 hours,  he will obtain the 1st provisional leading time snatching to his teammate, BJ! Will he succeed in it? Wait for next update to know it!  ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Update!

And leading time changes again!! With a big, really a big effort, I succeeded to overtake Zak for the minimum gap (0,05 second  :o)! Moreover, realizing my time at 13:26 of today, I stopped Zak?s leading time exactly when he had reached 40 hours. What does is mean this? Being current 1st leading time (owned by BJ) exactly 40 hours, Zak has only paired it and so he didn't get the 1st LTB at stake that remains assigned to BJ (this rule has not been declared in advance, but it's conform to the standard rule used in many other contests, that in case of deuce rewards the first result obtained). Not a drama for Zak, considering that he can obtain a better LTB leading again the classification just for 1 hour, so to have a leading time one hour longer than BJ's leading time (moreover his current time is only 0,05 second higher than current leading time). But sure Zak will have to keep in count what BJ will do... ;)  Anyway, due to this particular situation, and due to the provisional 3rd leading time I conquered (16 hours in this moment, 1 hour more than Duplode), we have really a tight provisional podium!  8)   Thanks to the current LTB assigned, Zak (-0,50 LTB, 40 hours) leads with 0,15 second on me (0,30 LTB, 16 hours) and 0,40 on BJ (1,00 LTB, 40 hours): big incertitude and great challenge indeed!!  :) :) :)  Will anyone of the first three succeed to break this high balance with a kill-time? Or will the european trio be reached by one or more southamerican drivers for a more complicated and dazzling classification? There's no way: you have to stay with us!!  8)

Mark L. Rivers

Sorry, yesterday evening I was so excited to update the site and give all the news, that I forgot to attach my replay... :-\

CTG

Now I'm so sad not taking part in ISM... 1:12.90 as leading time is not that hard. So let's do some shadow racing to see if I would be able to beat you or not. ;)