News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

International Stunts Master 2008

Started by Mark L. Rivers, June 13, 2007, 08:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

Update!

Short exchange of jabs between Bonzai Joe and me: before, BJ sent a time just lower than the provisional limit (0,05), and very soon I replied with a lower time (attached), again for 0,05 seconds! Maybe BJ wanted just testing my reaction time, and if it's so he had a clear response... Well BJ, if you are not kidding with me like the cat jokes with the mouse, we are going by a hot final indeed!  ;)

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/ISM/2008/index_ISM2008.htm

CTG

MLR and Duplode will beat BJ. Manager (Alain) advantage...

CTG

BonzaiJoe

I don't know yet who is the cat and who is the mouse, but I am trying to play a game with you...
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

I also wonder about it. To tell the truth I stopped at 1:11.xx. Can't do it better at the moment.

Mark L. Rivers

Update!

Another fast duel between the two leaders in last night! BJ attacks again the first time twice, reaching a new limit lower 0,20 second than previous one, but I reply soon again overtaking BJ for the minimum gap! Re-catching the provisional best time, I keep open the little door that leads to the 1st Bonus Time, even if, against a so motivated BJ, it won't be absolutely a joke...  ::)  Fantastic battle anyway, whatever it will be the final result!  8)

Mark L. Rivers

Update!

How could we call it? Swordplay? Arm-wrestling? Well, maybe we should call it simply "challenge", a great challenge!  :) :) :)  Yes, Bonzai Joe and Mark L. Rivers continue to make a dazzling show writing on the scoreboard new improvements for the minimum gap (third time in last 24 hours!). Currently Mark leads with 1:10,70 against 1:10,75 realized by BJ, but due to the current different leading times (136 hours for Mark, Bonus Time 0,50 seconds, and 187 hours for BJ, Bonus Time 1,00 second) BJ still leads for 0,45 seconds! Really it seems that the 1st Bonus Time (1 second) will be important for the two leaders, maybe determinant for them! Now, about 50 hours between the two leading times and about 80 hours to the deadline. Will BJ succeed to keep the 1st leading time? Or Mark will be able to snatch it him? But a so tight improvements makes also another question: does it mean the limit of the track was reached? It would seem so, but... are we sure that we won't receive about any news from Hungary or South-America...?  ;)  Wow, really a galvanic final ahead us!!  8)

Mark L. Rivers

Update!

And... let's go on!!! Another double improvement from the two leaders: incredible challenge!! Will it be a long night for us...? ;)

CTG

AZPR software opens your zip file... Crack is not very fast, but at least it works. :D

BonzaiJoe

Well, it was a reasonably long night for me, but I wasn't at home, and I'm still not, so nothing yet :)

Mark L. Rivers

Update!

Is there way to end...? It seems no. Again, yes, it happened again: Bonzai Joe sent a new improvement in the night (4 minutes past 2.00 a.m.) breaking the usual "0,05 improvement" mode (he sent a 1:10,40 overtaking for 0,20 seconds the previous limit, 1:10,60), but only less than 5 hours later I realized a new provisional record of the track overtaking (0,05) for the umteenth time BJ! Astonishing challenge!!  :o :) :) :) And now we are at the real face-off about the conquer of the 1st Bonus Time: 190 hours for BJ, 169 hours for me, 32 hours to the deadline! BJ seems objectively advantaged: he has only to send new improvements with a certain regularity. I have only to hope that my opponent must re-drive the whole race to improve, remote possibility.  ::)  Anyway, we repeat again: whatever it will finished, it will be a great, dazzling and above all fair challenge!  8) 8) 8)

BonzaiJoe

There are some errors on your leading time table... Check it out.

BonzaiJoe

Anyway, even discounting most of the errors, since this "sword play" started on Jan 25, 13:28, I have taken 16 hours leading time. As that was 77 hours ago, Mark must have taken 61 :). So although "sword play" was the right tactic for me (as I predicted, Mark's provisional best time was better than mine), I can see it demands an omnipresence and anticipation that I am not capable of at all.

Mark L. Rivers

I re-calculated leading times of last three days and I found only 1 error, that is your last leading time, BJ. I had written it re-started from 187 instead 188 (finishing at 190 instead 1919, sorry...  ::)  I didn't find other errors... Why do you see errors? Maybe the reason is this: in SDR leading time keeps in count only the complete hours (CHL, "Complete Leading Hours" as it's written in times table) and not fractions of them...
About my provisional best time, when I published my 1:11,10 (overtaking your 1:11,15) I also realized (two hours later) 1:10,50. So I have administrated (as you) my improvements trying to rescue my gap in order of leading time. This morning I turned on my PC expecting your 1:10,55, sure to overtake you at least one more time. But when I saw your 1:10,40, I said: "OK, it's finished for me...". Anyway, without much hope I tried for several minutes before to go to work, and... undreamedly (I don't know if I can use this term or not) I improved again!  :)  This evening, when I turned off again my pc, I was sure to find a your new record, but (for the moment) nothing... Anyway, the challenge is still really open and who can say how it will be?   ;)  I hope anyway you appreciate my fair play, above all my frequent and immediate updates every time I realized a new leading time, so to permit you an immediate reply, as it happens in an automatic-scoreboard...   :)

BonzaiJoe

Well, the errors that I saw: first of all, you restarted me from 187 several times, my actual leading time is 198. About the rest, yes you're right, I calculated Zakstunts style (1 hour if you lead at xx:00), not "whole hours". Good job improving :) I'll try to do the same.