News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

NORH - R6/2007 - "ADVANCED"

Started by Mark L. Rivers, June 27, 2007, 07:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

The name of this track doesn?t let doubts: it?s really a serious trial for NORH drivers.  8)  To avoid soon any misunderstanding, it?s good to say that it won?t present ?impossible? tracts or hard difficulties so to make the race too much tiring. But drivers will have to put their experience and ability to govern their Indy in three distinct and very different sectors. In the first they will have to ?dance? with their car driving in a kind of ?Special Slalom? of ski between some tunnels (no shortcuts are availing?). So in this funny tract (but maybe not all have the same thought?  ;) ) 2nd gear will be used so much according with accelerator. Second sector will be dedicated to the Powergear. No fear: PG will be easily reachable and quite easy to keep, but it won?t so easy to individuate the point of brake?. A drastical change of speed will introduce in the last sector where high speed (no PG, I think, too much risks trying to reach it  ::)) will have to keep until the last decisive brake to insert the car in the tunnels that lead at the finish. Yes, drivers will really take part at an advanced level NORH race, and the show will be sure great: stay with us!  :)

Mark L. Rivers

Gentlemen, start your engines!
You have more than 7 days to the 1st checkpoint, ideal condition to test the track in order to catch more bonus points you can!  :)

Mark L. Rivers

My time for Checkpoint 1:

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Advanced_Mark_CP1.part00001.rar

Beginning from this Checkpoint, I?ll publish my times in a different way: no more a zip-file protected by password but a zip-file splitted in two parts by Winrar. When I?ll realize my time I?ll publish the first part of the compressed file; after the checkpoint I'll publish the 2nd one.

Krys TOFF

Afraid of CTG checking replay original size ? :D

Mark L. Rivers

No, simply CTG had declared in the topic about Tetris that he had found a crack to open my zip-file protected by password (which contained a text file with my time...). So I found a new way to make more difficult his spying activity... ;)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers
No, simply CTG had declared in the topic about Tetris that he had found a crack to open my zip-file protected by password (which contained a text file with my time...). So I found a new way to make more difficult his spying activity... ;)
CTG was lying. ;D

CTG

No, I wasn't lying. I was kidding. ;)

Krys TOFF

OK, CTG was kidding when he was telling this lie. :P

CTG

Too precise :D

With the new keyboard's button press delay I'm almost unable to race without RH, so don't expect a replay on this track. Maybe the RH race...

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on July 02, 2007, 10:20:40 PM
Afraid of CTG checking replay original size ? :D
I have just realized it's a bitmap image. I didn't understand this sentence until now ;D
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

1st Checkpoint!

Soon on the track the "Fantastic 4" of NORH race!  :)   Yes, the bishops of this wonderful specialty made the first lap on current track in its first week. The fastest driver is Chulk with 1'23"50, then me with a gap of 0"50, 3rd Duplode with 1'25"15, and a bit more distance Krys TOFF who made only a recognition lap (1'32"80). So Chulk get a whole bonus point and me 0,5 bonus point. And now we can expect an hard challenge for the 2nd checkpoint!  8)    Chulk could push hard to get other 2 bonus points, but if he will push too much maybe this could impede him to catch other bonus points. Sure other drivers should act to impede to Chulk to lead again at 2nd checkpoint with a time 3% lower, but they could encountered the same problem...  ::)    Difficult choice for all, even if Chulk is smiling more than others...   ;)

Warning! Second Checkpoint has been anticipated and it will be the 13th Jul 2007 at 21:00.

Chulk

Ooops. Checkpoint change. I'll have to race tomorrow!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

Here my final time for CP2:

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Advanced_Mark_CP2.part00001.rar

Wow, this track is really an advanced level...

BTW, 90 minutes to CP2!

PS
I publish also the 2nd part of zip-file related at CP1 that I forgot...

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Advanced_Mark_CP1.part00002.rar

Mark L. Rivers

2nd checkpoint!

I was the only driver on the track in last week but I established a new strong limit: 1'19"90!  8)  I was worry for a possible new fast time of Chulk that would have lead him to catch other 2 bonus points, so I pushed very hard smashing the 80" barrier, but killing my possibilities to get other bonus points too.  ::)  Sure, knowing Chulk's result in advance, I could keep my 1'20"70 realized last Monday, so to be able to lower again for the 3% my time in order of 3rd CP, but the "checkpoint rule" is just this...  ;)   And now we'll see next week if there will be a new leader. Well, new limit appears really strong, but sure is not unbeatable. Who will overtake it? Sure Chulk, Duplode and Krys TOFF are able to do it. And we hope they (and, why not?, other drivers) will have time to try. About the passion, that is sure... ;) Just a last thing: CP3 is confirmed for Sunday (22th July) at 14:00, update will be lightly delayed (24-48 hours), and results are expected for Thursday 24th July... Stay with us!  :)

PS - 2nd part of my declared time for CP2

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Advanced_Mark_CP2.part00002.rar

Mark L. Rivers

I checked my mail just after 21:00 and there are not times so I updated the site. But after the update I opened again the mailbox and I found Chulk's time, arrived at 21:07. Chulk declares to have sent his time just after the CP not because he has realized his race after it, but for technical problems sending his result by mail. I decided to consider valid it, in order that his result doesn't affect the race of other drivers. But let's talk about Chulk's result an incredible result!  :o  Fantastic time and one more time I and Chulk are very, very near: only 0"10 between us!!  :o :o :o What a big show!!  :) :) :) And now the fight for the victory becomes really hot!  8)   See you next week!  :)