News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Reaction times.

Started by Argammon, August 28, 2007, 12:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argammon

I was wondering about reaction times today.

The first question that comes to mind is whether there is a high correlation between a good reaction times and doing well in stunts. Here we have to distinguish between rh and norh of course.

Then Akoss is doing well at some arcade flash games. The question is if he just has a good reaction time or whether strategy is an important factor.

Here's a simple reaction time test: http://humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/index.php

It would be nice if many of you would try to take the test and post your result here. And please don't cheat. I did not open this thread to generate some ego-trips  ;D
If I get any meaningfull conclusions I will post them here!

Thanks in advance!

Duplode

Hmm, let's give it a try...

Dispersion of my results is on the range 192ms - 225ms.
As site stats tell the mode class is centered at 200ms I'm, quite boringly, sitting just on the average. :P

Chulk

I gave it a test and this is what I got:

As Duplode said, I'm on average (a bit slower than him) but I think maybe reaction times changes depending on how tired you are, time of the day, and other things. I'll give it another try tomorrow morning to see if rest or daylight changes something.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Chulk

As I couldn't put the picture there, I'll attach it.

zaqrack

I have tested it some years before, and my reaction time was way below average. lets test it now again...

zaqrack

and it still is:

I did 320.0000 from 10 tries averaged

Argammon

Thanks for your help. Hopefully more will take the test.

Zaqracks result is astonishing me! First of all it has been proven that there is a positive correlation between intelligence and reaction times. Considering that, for a person with your IQ, you are REALLY slow :). Don't want to imagine your reaction time if you had average intelligene!

It's also interesting to see how Zak is a rather good live pipsqueak with such a bad reaction time...

For me: around 145 ms yesterday evening and around 155 ms this morning. But this morning someone talked to me both times I tried the test :D. Maybe that, or that I am always tired in the morning, explains the difference...

Argammon

Just redone the test being alone infront of the computer: 141.6000

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

After 3 tries:

73.     akosspoo     
Today
   194.4000    5
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

54.     akosspoo     
Today
   188.2000    5
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

Argammon

I think 10 tries are a better foundation. With 5 tries "accident results" have a big influence on the overall average...

CTG

there is a good tactic to cheat... :D (yes, I'm the cheatmaster)

I'll register and try again.

Chulk

Yes, you just try to guess when color is changing and that way you'll get a very low score.

Argammon

I think that easy method to cheat is known to everyone here Chulk.
I would kindly ask anyone here not to try cheating. This is not a competition.

So CTG, what was your score without cheating?

If I made the test, if someone clicks two times to early the result should not count. Anyways, I hope we have enough honest people here :)

Mark L. Rivers

I tried few minutes. This is my best serial (10 tries):

average after 5 tries: 196.8
average after 10 tries: 201.2
absolute best (without try to guess the right moment): 153

Anyway I think that the mechanism of the mouse (spring opposition and above all the excursion of the button before to give the contact) can affect, even if only a bit, the results.