News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Reaction times.

Started by Argammon, August 28, 2007, 12:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

My touchpad is quite slow... But as far as I see my results aren't that bad. :D

Argammon

Maybe I am blind, but what are your results CTG?

@ Mark: Yes I think that a good mouse has it's influence. I bought a new mouse about 1 week ago and my impression is that it is very fast. I did not try the test with an old crap mouse. Maybe then the reaction time would be significiantly slower...

BTW: I saw Paleke scored 202...

Argammon

Personal impressions:

Focus and concentration matters a lot.

If I am at least a bit concentrated I should be below 170ms. Normal is between 145-155ms. Anything below 145 is a combination of high concentration and luck with luck getting stronger the lower the score. I did not try to click in advance...

I red that a good eyesight has a high correlation with reaction times. Maybe that explains Zak's results?

I would expect a very low score from BJ if he has a working hand to do the test...

CTG

You can't see, I'm not registered. :D

Argammon

That's why I asked to post the results here like everyone else did  ::)

CTG

Site doesn't save results with too low reaction times (for example my personal record: 1 ms, guess how :D).

Without tricks: try to find out my nick... ;D

CTG

Shitty, shitty, shitty reaction time...

Krys TOFF

10 tries : best is 169 ms, worst is 233, average of all 10 is 198.

CTG

Not so bad from such a veteran. ;D :P

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I did a try with 10 clicks:

60.     akosspoo     
Today
   191.1000    10

But I'm going for a new 5 click record, because that's what counts on the page.
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km

46.     akosspoo     
Today
   186.4000    5

917.47 km

59.     akosspoo     
Today
   190.3333    12

917.47 km

CTG

Stats for Chilichilichilibeansinpina:

1 146 
2 161 
3 177 
4 181 
5 146 

zaqrack

mouse counts.

I tried today with a different one, and got 279.6 from 5 tries

The game depends on very much things. Especially on the mouse. I'm not very satisfied with that.

This skill is improvable. My record now is 179,4 ms (5 tries).

If you put your eyes closer to the monitor, you will get better reaction times.

Push the mouse button a bit for all the time to reduce the movement time of your finger.

It is very annoying when
- the green light comes too early, and you are not preparred to it
- you just prepare to wink your eyes, and the green suddenly appears.
To reduce the effect of these, I think there should be 6 tries to make a high score, and the best 5 would count.

I think I'm good at noticing the green light, my brain gets it very fast. But then my finger just doesn't want to start the movement. I ALWAYS feel that oh damn, too long reaction time, I had seen that damned green for ages before... Maybe there's a small dependence on body height and arm length: for me, the information needs to cover a bigger distance to give the command to my finger: touch the mouse button.

Another interesting remark: there are small periods (I think it can be around 50-60 ms) when you are preparred more to the green, and small periods when you are less preparred for the green. These two are fluctuating quite fast.

If I concentrate on the red very much, I get lower reaction times. If I just gaze at the monitor's red part (from close, as I mentioned earlier), I'll get the green faster - I think.

My reaction times range from 160 ms and 230 ms generally, but I click closer to 160 ms more frequently than to 230 ms.

917.47 km