News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Reaction times.

Started by Argammon, August 28, 2007, 12:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Well, from now on, I won't make a new post if I make a new record.
There (in this post) will I always refresh if i make a new record.

RECORD FOR 1 CLICK:

152 ms

RECORD FOR (AT LEAST) 5 CLICKS:

172,8 ms

RECORD FOR (AT LEAST) 10 CLICKS:

176,2 ms (for some reason, the system didn't save it)
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km

Chulk

I did this with 30 clicks 223.3667.

I lose concentration as click number grows, I was under 200 before click 13, and then I got only 4 more clicks under 200ms from there until the end.
Does anyone else have the same problem?
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

zaqrack

Quote from: Akoss Poo on August 29, 2007, 05:50:42 PM

I think I'm good at noticing the green light, my brain gets it very fast. But then my finger just doesn't want to start the movement. I ALWAYS feel that oh damn, too long reaction time, I had seen that damned green for ages before...

Everyone's brain is lightning fast. It only takes a couple of milliseconds I guess (no scientific data though), to notice something. The slow process is:
form the command to move your finger - send the command through the nerves - receive it in the finger - act

but it must be something genetical for me, as my brother also gets ~300ms reaction times. I also know that my vegetative nerve system is weak and unstable. (Test: scratch a line on your belly with the back of a knife. The shorter the scratch line remains red, the better your vns is. Mine stays red for more than a minute :)) This also might affect my result.

Paleke

Quote from: Argammon on August 29, 2007, 10:47:41 AM
BTW: I saw Paleke scored 202...

Yep, sorry I didn't post it, but it was late last night, I was tired and I thought I could make it better during daytime... If you are wondering, the answer no  :P

99. Paleke Today 201.0000 10 (1st try)
121. Paleke Today 208.6000 10 (2nd try)
139. Paleke Today 215.3000 10 (3rd try)

Damn it! I getting slower. ???

And from yesterday:
103. Paleke Yesterday 202.6000 5
130. Paleke Yesterday 213.1176 17
133. Paleke Yesterday 213.2000 5
174. Paleke Yesterday 230.4000 5

I'll try again tonight, right now the room is being used and I think the noise is distracting me.
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

Duplode

For me results are very clearly connected to alertness. Yesterday I had done 208.6ms around 9:30PM; one hour and a half later it rose to about 225ms, and now (8:30 PM) the new "record" is 197.7ms

Paleke

New update:

94. Paleke  Today 197.6000 10
100. Paleke Today 199.7000 10
103. Paleke Today 201.0000 10

It's late now, I'm going to bed.
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

Krys TOFF

I tested it again today and average result of 10 tries is still around 200 ms.
I did as Chulk and made a serie of 30 tries and that's true : as time passes I'm getting slower (around 250 ms instead of 200 ms).
Also, I noticed that my reaction is worse when delay until read is longer. When "wait for green" delay is short (less than 5 seconds) I'm under 200 ms, when it lasts more I'm slower (always above 200 ms). It seems I can't concentrate long waiting for something (which is true, I'm not very patient).

Krys TOFF

Oh my god ! I was really fast on this one !!! :o

edit : with the help of this very good result, I had an average of 162.4 with 5 tries. ;D

I didn't register so my score isn't kept in scoreboard, but I saw Argy did 139.4 average yesterday for 5 tries, impressive.

Krys TOFF

OK, I registered this time (too bad I didn't do it before previous attempt), and did 190.4 with 5 tries. Not too bad.

CTG

Well-done Mr T?ff, I'm going to beat it soon. :D

Krys TOFF

My new best average of 5 is 188, I had another serie of 5 at 154 ms (with one very lucky attempt at 45 ms :o ) but it was not recorded in scoreboard... ??? :-\

CTG

Argammon

Bonzai Joe took the test, about 200ms and 220ms in average. Or did someone else took the test under his name?  ::)

Impression about reaction time ranking in average. (top results from 500 tries does not count - just what I think is a user's average)

1)Argammon
2)CTG
3)Akoss
4)Krys
5)Mark,Duplode,Chulk,Bj.. all around the same level depening on more or less luck IMO
Gap
Zak

In order to come back to the initial question. I don't have an impression that there is a significant correlation between driver's quality and reaction times. Especially if BJ's result is for real. That's a surprising result and I wonder how to explain it?

zaqrack

probably because in Stunts obstacles and corners are not coming that fast. You know they are coming and you can prepare. There are some "keystroke-combinations" you have to press if you want to be the fastest in a loop/corner/etc. I guess hte most important is not the reaction time on a certain sign, but the time you require between two keypresses.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: Chulk on August 29, 2007, 07:57:14 PM
I did this with 30 clicks 223.3667.

I lose concentration as click number grows, I was under 200 before click 13, and then I got only 4 more clicks under 200ms from there until the end.
Does anyone else have the same problem?

I also tested myself with 30 clicks. I also lost concentration while I was heading for the end, but not to the extent you mentioned. In the end, my average was 187,1 (to compare with my records: 1 click 152, 5 clicks 172,8, 10 clicks 176,2 - not saved by system, dunno why).

BTW I beat all of my records today. I knew that this will happen, I'm feeling very concentrated today (I also performed very well on the learning drivers' course (rutinp?lya)).
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km