News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

BMW M3 Challenge - free game !

Started by Krys TOFF, September 08, 2007, 01:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Blimey! team, creators of GTR, GTR 2 and GT Legends games, will offer next tuesday (11th of september then) a FREE game named BMW M3 Challenge to celebrate the new BMW M3 real car available at your local BMW sailor.
This game will look more like a demo than a real game IMO because you'll be able to race only BMW M3 cars and only at 1 track : Nurburgring.
Anyway, this game will have a feature that is often absent in demos : online play.

Around 530 Mb to download, I'll give you a link next tuesday.

Minimum PC config needed to play :
    * Windows XP / Vista
    * Pentium IV 1,8 GHz or equivalent
    * 512 Mb RAM
    * 500 Mb disk space
    * graphic card 64 Mb, compatible DirectX 8.1
    * sound card compatible DirectX 8.1
    * internet ADSL web acces for online play

This game will use GT Legends engine. A new real game is under preparation by Blimey! : Ferrari Challenge.

Pictures (3 pages of screen capture) : http://www.jeuxvideopc.com/screenshots/32558-bmw-m3-challenge/page-1.php

Mark L. Rivers

Chulk

Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mislav

Hi folks!

I couldn't wait for any link so I've found one to download the game! It's 345Mb, I hope it works.

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicles/mseries/m3coupe/2007/experience/game/content.html

Mislav

And it is working!

Although my graphics are on low-medium but it's still a great game. Download it, maybe we can compare our opinions about the game.

My today's lap record is

2:21.994

And yours? :D

Mark L. Rivers

Download: perfect
Installation: perfect
Launch game: crashing after choose TIME TRIAL (or other choices...)  :-\

Mislav

Well you have to be patient Mark, than it makes fun  :)

Where are you BMW fans!? CTG, Chulk, Krys, Akoss? You should try the game. It makes such fun racing against your ghost car in time trial. I made another best lap, now it's

2:20,876

P.S. My trick: my parents bought back in 1993 a BMW 320i e36. We still have that old black peace of bavarian art. After 8 years of driving it I can melt with the machine and squeeze out best performances of an BMW 3series  ;D

CTG

My computer is way too slow to run this game (Pentium IV, 1300 MHz, 256 MB RAM). :(

But wow, BMW site is fast (download: 57 seconds).

CTG

Pffffff it works with the lowest settings and with 2-10 frames/second due to the car's position (less frames in corners or when car is sliding a bit). Under these conditions: 2:33.5xx from 7 laps.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on September 11, 2007, 11:00:45 PM
Download: perfect
Installation: perfect
Launch game: crashing after choose TIME TRIAL (or other choices...)  :-\

After disinstallation and re-installation the thing is the same. The game crashed exactly in the middle of loading after I choose a whatever choice (TIME TRIAL, PRACTICE, etc...).
I've WinXP SP2 and no similar problems with other games... Any idea?

Krys TOFF

Sorry, I was away from Stunts community and the web the last few days.

Link given by Mislav is the official one given at Blimey studio website I'm downloading it right now. ;)
Another official link from the editor 10tacle : http://www.10tacle.de/index.php?id=285&L=1

Mislav

It sucks when you have 5-10 frames per second, it really influences the lap times. And it's no fun anymore.

But I found out how to get about 5 seconds per lap - the BMW is set up with the standard suspension (car options). You have to disable that suspension and enable another one (some name, should be a sponsor of the game). Better handling, braking and especially start. So I made quite easily 2:20.xxx, but with smooth good graphics.

Mislav

I drove some laps and with bilstein suspension my beemer's about 2-3 seconds faster, so I improved:

2:16.689

It's still far from perfect, 2:14 should be possible with my notebook's keyboard. With the wheel I don't have even 2:12...

Chulk, do you play the M3 Challenge?

If somebody wants to see the 2:16 video with the record lap and the ghost car lap I can put it on youtube  :D

Chulk

I have a big exam tomorrow (constitucional law). I'll play next week.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Oh, I never published my best time here.
I don't rememeber exactly my best, but it's something like 1'22"xx or so. Frame rate is not very good, my graphic card is not a top one (GeForce 6100). I should decrease the graphic level (I let the default one, which is set to "high") and try again.