News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

RH - R9/2007 - "FUNNY"

Started by Mark L. Rivers, September 30, 2007, 10:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

Nice and funny race: this is the best way to describe the penultimate race of the season!  :) Aboard your Coronet Pulsar ST?-R, a car not very much used but quite easy to drive, drivers will have to race on a track with unusual ways to choose as it's wonted in SDR.  ;)  Start and immediately a triple choice for everyone: believe me, it won't easy understanding very soon the fastest...  ???   Anyway, the three ways will become again only one very soon, just before to approach the 2nd section of the race. In this part drivers will have to cross (ortogonally...) a loop before to avoid, as smart as possible..., the subsequent up/down corkscrew... Very tight hairpin (Cut or not to cut? This is the question...  ???) and then 3rd section. A long, but not very quiet, straight tract where drivers will have to steer and jump almost at maximum speed (200-210 mph?) between ramps, hills and left/right corkscrews. An then the final, where it will be quite difficult to guess the right way to approach it, cause a tunnel just in a bad place...  ::) Some trials to test the track made 10 days ago seem to indicate a race about 70"-80" long, but... as usual, let's see! Sure it will be a funny race, but... we have to mind that there's still so much at stake for some drivers and the maximum engagement will be necessary to put own wheels ahead the others. Remember, "funny" doesn't mean "easy"...  ;)

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/index_SDR.htm

Mark L. Rivers

1st Checkpoint!

Really funny and nice this race seeing the provisional classification at 1st Checkpoint: four driver in 1"20!!  8)  Chulk is the fastest with 1'12"60, after a first trial exactly 4" slower, 1 bonus point for him; then we find a determinated SuperBrian, 2nd with a very good 1'13"05!  :)  The danish driver precedes the couple who usually gives life to an intense battle on SDR tracks: Duplode (3rd with 1'13"65) and AbuRaf70 (4th with 1'13"80). Stop here? No because there's a fifth driver who raced for CP1, me.  Maybe I'm thinking to have already win the title so to race in very relaxed way...  :-\  But I have to keep open my eyes because Chulk could really rescue in general classification (thanks also to a possible teamwork), and he seems to believe in it... For the moment I can be satisfied only for the very good comments about the track that other drivers have sent me in private way. :)  But at next CP I sure will try to be a bit high in provisional classification... ;) See you next Sunday!

PS
Sorry I wrote bad (cut&past classic error...) the previous link for the 1st part...
http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Funny_Mark_CP1.part00001.rar
http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Funny_Mark_CP1.part00002.rar

Mark L. Rivers

2nd Checkpoint!

Fantastic race for SuperBrian until here: after the 2nd place behind Chulk at CP1, the danish driver makes a monstruos lap taking so the provisional lead and a whole bonus point!!  :o :o :o  Stopping the chronometer at 1'07"95, the driver of Damage Inc. seems to be without opponents  8) : Chulk is 2nd (0,5 bonus points) and I'm 3rd but with times 2" higher than current leader! About drivers with times higher than 70", good improvement for AbuRaf70 (4th lowering his previous time for 4%) while Duplode seems to have taken a free week. But we have to register the outset of Krys TOFF: first attempt by the french driver and a "standard" time (1'16"10) that place him at 6th provisional place. But keeping on mind the fight for the final 3rd place in the championship, we are sure that we'll find him in a different position at the end!  ;)   Weel, it seems a race that could be open to all final result! So... maybe next Sunday we'll see a large pre-tactic, but maybe some drivers will want to show all their skill demonstrating not to have fear of the others... 8)  Let's see what it will happen!  :)

PS
http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Funny_Mark_CP2.part00002.rar

Mark L. Rivers

3rd Checkpoint!

While Chulk and me fight controlling each other, Duplode takes the lead surprising all in this very tight race! Very good time by the brazilian driver who goes down under 67" conquering a whole bonus point too!  8)   Behind him we find me (2nd, 0,5 bonus point not very bad for him in order for the championship  :)), Chulk (3rd for only 0"20 improving for 3,01%: bad strategy?  ::)) and SuperBrian (4th) who didn't sent a new time. All these 4 drivers are in only 1"20: really a tight and dazzling race!  :)  A bit more far, 5th, AbuRaf70 with a good improvement (-2,33%) that permit him to break the 70" barrier, and 6th Krys TOFF who didn't improve. And now we aim to the finish! What we will se next Sunday? Chulk has to try to win if he wants to keep open a window on the title, while I could try to close here the dispute arriving ahead my main opponent. But both will have not to forget that Duplode sure will want to try to win his first official race (not keeping in count his victory in WSC with IRC rules). Also SuperBrian, who is trying to get a place in Top 10 of SWR in order of ISM 2008. And sure Mark and Chulk can't forget AbuRaf70 (2 podiums in last two races) and Krys TOFF that maybe will want to stop his negative stripe remembering to all his great skill (also availing a car he likes very much  ;)). Sure an intense week for all, sure a dazzling final Sunday!  :)  Oh, btw:

WARNING! Deadline is postponed: same day but at 23.59!

PS
http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Funny_Mark_CP3.part00002.rar

Krys TOFF

Will we see somebody below 1 minutes on this track ?
I think we will have a quite sharp scoreboard in the end anyway.

Krys TOFF

Krys TOFF

YEAH ! 1st SDR victory for me !
Many thanks to SuperBrian for his teamwork : his finish shortcut idea made my victory possible, many thanks to him. ;)

Mark L. Rivers

It seems Krys was expecting with a big apprension the result...   :D
I had updated SDR site 3 minutes ago!  :)

Finish!

It was clear that it would be finally arrived and in fact it?s arrived: first great victory for Krys TOFF on SDR!!  :) :) :)   The French ace shakes off all his recent dull performances triumphing on ?Funny? with one of his favorite car, and contest manager is really happy to count him in the restricted pool of winner of SDR races!  :)  But about this race, we have to say a lot, so? let?s go inside it!  ;)
Krys makes a great performance leaving the 2nd, me, almost at 2?, while the 3rd, Duplode, arrived almost 4? later the winner!  :o   Just behind SuperBrian (4th) and a bit more distance the couple of argentinian drivers, with AbuRaf70 (5th) for the 2nd time in the season ahead his teammate Chulk (6th). With this result, Chulk can by now say ?Goodbye? to the title, because his gap from the leader is now 19 points. Minding that a winner can get a maximum score of 21 points (as AbuRaf70 got in ?Geometry track?), only a missed participation of the current leader (but maybe neither that) could impede him to conquer the title. Anyway, mathematically there are still possibilities, so we must postpone any proclamation after the finish of the last race. Instead, there are 2 other challenges really open! Krys TOFF reduced a lot his gap from AbuRaf70 for the 3rd place (only 1,5 points the new gap!) while Duplode has approached a bit SuperBrian (who has overtook CTG) for the 5th place (2,5 points the new gap!): this will make very interesting the last race!  8)   But let?s talk more deeply about this race now!
Amazing, really amazing this penultimate race of the season! It could seem only a funny race, a nice interval before the last appointment, but it became week after week a really amazing and involving race! Above all, because weird bugs have characterized it! Which? Difficult to know how it could be happened, but three drivers (Krys TOFF, SuperBrian and Duplode) have cut (in two different ways) an abnormal tract of the track (after last intermediate) not taking any penalty time!  :o :o :o   I checked their replays re-driving with replay handling last 2 seconds of the races, and? effectively final time will be reported in Stunts evaluation page without penalty! It seems that Stunts internal check system had a temporary failure while their cars cut the track in that points? Anyway, their replays (and their times) have to be considered valid in order to the specific SDR rules. Since Gutix succeeded, thanks to a Stunts bug, to finish a race after 9? (?Choices? ? May 2006 ? you can read the related News in Archive page) I introduced the following rule: ?Tricks and shortcuts are allowed, but replays will be accepted if car will have transited in correspondence of the intermediates indicated on the map (yellow, violet and red lines). Penalty time will be added at race time.? Having the three drivers? cars transited on all intermediates, and not having Stunts internal system attributed to their race any penalty time, even if they he have cut an abnormal tract of the race their time has to be considered valid.
But if we take a look at the replays and the analysis, we could find some interesting consideration to do!

AbuRaf70 transits with the best time at 1st and 2nd intermediates: great race for the more and more skilled argentinian driver!  :) :) :)  He reaches an impressive speed, making a wonderful serial of jump around the loop! But the fastest 2nd section is for the winner!  8)  Only 5th at 1st intermediate (with a quite high gap, 0?65) Krys TOFF makes a fantastic tract rescuing a lot on AbuRaf70 (only 0?15 the new gap). Meanwhile the gaps of other drivers continuing to rise: 0?40 for me (3rd), 0?75 for Chulk (4th), 1?25 for Duplode (5th, the only that didn?t jump from the loop) and 1?65 for SuperBrian (6th). At the hairpin just before the 2nd intermediate, all drivers choose to follow the tract passing through the tunnel, except for me who cut the track just skimming the highest part of the hill. A good choice seeing the results at 3rd intermediate reached by the drivers through various lines as the track permitted them: I?m 1st with 0?40 on Krys TOFF, 0?70 on AbuRaf70, 0?85 on Chulk, 2?75 on Duplode and 3?70 on SuperBrian.
And we now arrive at the last section, that we could define ?the black hole? of Stunts internal check system.  :D    SuperBrian opens a door between the last two hills cutting immediately toward the finish element, followed from Krys TOFF, who asked me to report, in case of victory, his public thanks to his teammate for his good teamwork!  ;)    The result is absolutely weird: 10 consecutive Stunts elements skipped and no penalty time! About Duplode, he opens a 2nd door correspondently at the last tunnel: he flies on it cutting immediately on the right, sliding out of control until the finish line. The result? Three consecutive Stunts elements skipped and no penalty time! Thanks to these phenomenal bugs (but someone had to try them to could avail them and this is part of a race) the three drivers gain a lot (above all the duo of Damage Inc.) on the others (AbuRaf70, Chulk and me), and only a guessed final slide on the last hill permits me to limit my gap arriving 2nd even if at almost 2? from the winner.
Wow, really an amazing race! But now, with the title almost assigned, we can enjoy without many calculations with the last track of this season: The Arenas! Check the correspondent topic and try it: beginning from the 1st of November, it will be a last stunning event of this contest!   :)

PS
http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Funny_Mark_Finish.part00002.rar

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers
It seems Krys was expecting with a big apprension the result...   :D
I had updated SDR site 3 minutes ago!  :)
I just came back to the computer to see if update has been done just at the right time. ;)
Anywayn, this victory is a good result to improve my overall ranking for forthcoming ISM event. ;D

Chulk

Amazing shorcut found by Superbrian! And great victory for Krys! Congratulations and welcome to SDR Hall of Fame!!! ;)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

This thread and result oddly remind me of a Countach race a few months ago... at least I could keep my gap smaller this time! :D Great race with a tight scoreboard... and (aside from Krys, obviously!) Brian and AbuRaf have really upped their stakes lately  ;). And thus, tight racing everywhere in the scoreboard is, yet again, expected!