News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

NORH - R9/2007 - "RISK"

Started by Mark L. Rivers, September 30, 2007, 10:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on October 18, 2007, 08:36:04 PM
Great! Will we see a 1st or 2nd place from you, to make thigs more interesting or end the championship?

It would be a pleasure to spice things up  :P. Say, should you win with myself second (Mark third and Krys fourth), your gap to Mark (not counting CP3 bonus points) would drop to 2,5! And obviously, that could have my own gap to Krys halved as well...

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on October 21, 2007, 06:25:06 AM
Quote from: Chulk on October 18, 2007, 08:36:04 PM
Great! Will we see a 1st or 2nd place from you, to make thigs more interesting or end the championship?
Say, should you win with myself second (Mark third and Krys fourth), your gap to Mark (not counting CP3 bonus points) would drop to 2,5!

It's a very concrete possibility. So... worrying situation for me  ::), but... dazzling end of championship!   8)
Anyway, 6 hours to the deadline, and I'm quite sure that we won't find Chulk and me with new times for CP3. We probably didn't succeed to lower over 3% our current times, and we don't want to discover our real cards...  ;)  (At least, I sure hope that's true for Chulk so not to get other 2 bonus points!  :D).

Mark L. Rivers

3rd Checkpoint!

An intense week for Duplode who succeeds to take the lead after multiplying attempts, coronated by a great final time: 1'17"75 !!  While Krys TOFF assays the track with a patrol lap, the brazilian ace shakes off last colorless weeks (except for CP1 of this race) and reaffirms his high NORH skill, minding all that who wants to win has to keep in count him!  8)   And sure this vales for the driver engaged for the title! Btw, I and Chulk didn't sent a video this week, as it was predictable...  ::)   Our previous time were really strong and evidently we didn't succeed to lower them over 3%. Not having so possibilities to get important bonus points, maybe Chulk and me preferred not to discover our cards... But did we dress our helmets in last week? Did we already realized a great time (maybe faster than current Duplode's time?!) that will put on the table for next Sunday?  ???  Disquieting question for the drivers who are fighting for the title, but this is part of the unavoidable pre-tactic...  ;)   One thing is plain: the fight for the final 3rd place in the championship could affect very much the end of the season, and we all could really approach the last race of the season with two drivers divided by a very thin gap...  8)   There're no doubts: next week will be a thrilling week for all them and for all the passioned of this wonderful specialty!  :) And, it will be very important keeping on mind the following advice!

WARNING! Deadline is postponed: same day but at 23.59!

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/index_SDR.htm

Mark L. Rivers

Maybe I could improve a bit, maybe not... Anyway, I have not time to try anymore, so... here it's my final time:

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Risk_Mark_Finish.part00001.rar

Mark L. Rivers

Finish!

Another crashing victory for Duplode, the 2nd in his short but already very brilliant career as Stunts driver!!  :) :) :)    The brazilian ace makes a real masterwork leading the race from the beginning until the end, demonstrating one more time his mastery in this specialty!  8)   And the value of his perfomance increases if we think that he has quite easily beated the two drivers who are hardly fighting for the title!  :o   This reminds the last race of F1 championship in 1997, Jerez de le Frontera, when M. Schumacher and J. Villeneuve were fighting for the title (and all we know how it finished). An incredible grid characterized that race: three drivers (M. Schumacher, J, Villeneuve and H.H. Frentzen with the same, identical time!!! But, just behind them, Damon Hill placed in 2nd row his crappy Arrows with an incredible short gap: only 0?053!!  :o   (And, if I?m not wrong, there was still the old qualifying system, that is all drivers started for their qualifying lap only with a just useful fuel). Well, maybe Duplode has realized a better exploit, beating Chulk and me, so engaged for the title!  8)   Duplode?s victory sets hurdles the walk of Chulk toward the title. The argentinian champion (2nd) succeeds to arrive ahead me (3rd) rescuing so only 2 points and reducing the gap to 5,5 points. Sure all is still possible: if Chulk will win last race and I will arrive 3rd, this means that 5 points will be already rescued; bonus points and eventual outsiders could complete easily the gap. But sure, if Chulk resulted 1st in this race, now the gap would be really thin: only 2,5 points. For the final podium, Duplode has completed his rescue on Krys TOFF (not a big engagement for him in this race because? well, check the final result of RH contest to know why! ;)) reaching the French driver at 78,5 points. It seems that it will be easy for Duplode to gain the 3rd final place, but? we can?t underestimate the ?old lion? Krys, even because the last race will be disputed on a track quite different from previous. So dazzling final challenge even for the podium!  :)
But now, as usual, let?s take a look to the video and the analysis! Seeing the positions at the intermediate, it seems a race quite linear: all drivers occupy the same position for the whole track. But, seeing the gaps during the race and the different choices made by drivers about the lines to choose, we can do a dissimilar consideration. Until 1st intermediate all drivers (we won?t talk about Krys engaged on another track? ;)) are very near as it was predictable: Duplode leads on Chulk for 0?05 and on me for 0?25. But then there?s the great divide: Duplode and Chulk choose to cut the bridge on the left while I choose (unfortunately for me  ::)) the right. I didn?t considerate (very macroscopic error   >:() the possibility to choose the left, because I thought there would be three Stunts elements that I would have skipped, but that is wrong, as my three opponents (even Krys chose the left) have demonstrated. Passing on the right of the bridge was not so penalizing as it can seem because it was possible landing on the track, not losing speed, exactly like passing on the left. Maybe the difference can be 0?50 ? 0?75. But in my best attempt (as you can see in the replay or in the video), I land on the grass, losing a lot of speed. Fantastic speed, instead, keeped by Duplode and Chulk, with the brazilian who succeeds to cut the hill after the bank-road curve a bit better than the argentinian (a bit later his steering at the moment of the cut). I cut in a good way the hill but with a slower speed due to the previous tract. And so, this is the standing at the half of the race: Duplode leads on Chulk for 1?05 and (tad?..!) 3? on me, an abyss?.  :-\  But then, I succeeded to drive quite well, and, even if the positions won?t change, at least I reduced with honour the distances. Third section without big difference about the lines chosen, except for Chulk, who choose to cut the 3rd intermediate lunging the path, and losing a bit of speed due to a jump quite short and keeping the 5th gear instead to insert the 4th. Anyway this is the standing at 3rd intermediate: Duplode leads on Chulk for 0?75 and 2?30 on me. And now we approach the last section! Duplode cut a bit too much on the right reducing the angle of the last curve and making more difficult his steering toward the finish. In fact, the brazilian ace has to brake a lot on the hill before to insert his car on the last short straight. Anyway, he administrates very well his large gap accumulated previously finishing with a great 1?16?10: chapeau.  8)   Meanwhile I guess a better trajectory overtaking the lake (a bit on the left than Duplode) approaching with a larger angle the last curve: this permits me to rescue a lot finishing in 1?17?20. And Chulk? As aforesaid, due to the previous line at 3rd checkpoint, Chulk arrives at the loop with a slower speed than other 2 opponents, landing over the little lake just for a bit. Then he succeeds to make a good last curve landing on the track for the last short straight, but? a very little incertitude causes a little slide on the left and the argentinian champion drives the last short tract on the grass. A little error, but maybe big enough to lose the victory and 3 very important points too for the title. Anyway, Chulk gets a 1?16?95 who permits him to remain ahead me (0?25 the final gap between US) continuing to keep alive the challenge!  :)
And now the last race! As you can see on correspondent topic, it will be very special, with the 1st track not designed by me! Dazzling, exciting, breathtaking: these are only some adjectives to describe this last race, a race where Chulk must win to conquer the title and where I (in negative trend after a 1st, two 2nd and a 3rd placements) will have to keep a big careful above all about bonus point. But the real incognita will be the final result of Duplode! His result will be determinant for the assignation of the title and this makes really particular his race! Well, that?s all! Now we have only a short time to control if it?s all ok on our Indy, and then? go for ?Everglades?, the last track active from next 1st November!  :)

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/index_SDR.htm

PS
http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Risk_Mark_Finish.part00002.rar

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. RiversFor the final podium, Duplode has completed his rescue on Krys TOFF (not a big engagement for him in this race because? well, check the final result of RH contest to know why! ;)) reaching the French driver at 78,5 points. It seems that it will be easy for Duplode to gain the 3rd final place, but? we can?t underestimate the ?old lion? Krys, even because the last race will be disputed on a track quite different from previous. So dazzling final challenge even for the podium!
That's right, I focused more on RH track. ;) And battle for 3rd place overall will be hard for me versus Duplode. ::)

Quote from: Duplode
Quote from: Chulk
It would be a pleasure to spice things up  :P.
It seems that Duplode is the "spicy" expert. :D

Chulk

Well, Duplode really spiced things up! Too bad he was first and not second...  :(. Anyway, it's not over yet, so I'll give everything I have to win the title!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Nice enough: all worked to plan  ;D and a magical showdown is just behind the corner: hard missions for all involved!

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on October 29, 2007, 11:35:52 PM
Nice enough: all worked to plan  ;D and a magical showdown is just behind the corner: hard missions for all involved!
Are you on drugs?

Kidding ;)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)