News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

South American Qualifiers for South Africa 2010

Started by Chulk, October 16, 2007, 04:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulk

Yes, too bad. As far as his coaching career, he averages only 35% of points he played, which is almost the same as drawing every match. Anyway, the real coach will be Bilardo (Champion and vice-champion in '86 and '90), and he'll have a lot of assistants around him. Hopefully it won't be so bad...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Chulk

It will be official today (Maradona's 48th birthday), football "D10S" (as we call him) will be Argentina's Coach. He will have an experienced team around him to help, like Bilardo (Argentina's coach in World Cups of '86 and '90) and some other local coaches with good ideas and willing to work (Many of them took part in '86 team). Some of the most mentioned names are:
Burruchaga, he score victory goal against Germany in '86 and had good results as a coach here.
Troglio, also played in '86 and '90, he's the one with curly hair yelling at the refferee in '90 final against Germany.

Ayrton

Yesterday i saw to Basile in the Bank, maybe receiving his balance ...
I would have preferred to Bianchi, anyway Maradona can be good as coach. I think that the selection of a coach is not so important as the removal method, but yes this time, because we are in the limit of the classification.

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on October 30, 2008, 05:25:43 PM
He will have an experienced team around him to help, like Bilardo (Argentina's coach in World Cups of '86 and '90) and some other local coaches with good ideas and willing to work (Many of them took part in '86 team).

So it will be sort of a "management by committee", at least in the initial months... let's see how it goes.

Quote from: Ayrton on November 01, 2008, 01:30:36 AM
I would have preferred to Bianchi, anyway Maradona can be good as coach. I think that the selection of a coach is not so important as the removal method, but yes this time, because we are in the limit of the classification.

Maradona at least has charisma and personality - one wonders how exactly that would convert into leadership, though, and how would the relationships within the management team would work. Anyway, more than the qualification itself I (from my unprivileged point of view) suppose the biggest fear should be that your NT goes down the same route Brazil went - playing sucky football in nine out of ten games. And having both Brazil and Argentina sucking at the same time would be bad for everyone, for football as a whole...

alanrotoi

I wonder what happens if present Argentina or Brazil plays agains England, Germany..... they will destroy us!!

I don't like Maradona as manager, he has almost none experience.  I prefer Bianchi.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Rotoi
I wonder what happens if present Argentina or Brazil plays agains England, Germany..... they will destroy us!!
Germany probably, but England, not so sure...

Chulk

Quote from: Rotoi on November 01, 2008, 10:22:53 AM

I don't like Maradona as manager, he has almost none experience.  I prefer Bianchi.
I guess Germany will beat us, not sure about England, you guys know "que nacieron hijos nuestros..."

alanrotoi

Chulk

Quote from: Rotoi on November 08, 2008, 12:01:55 AM
Maradona is the new manager of Argentina...  :o

Quote from: Chulk on October 30, 2008, 05:25:43 PM
It will be official today (Maradona's 48th birthday), football "D10S" (as we call him) will be Argentina's Coach.
You are a beat behind Alan... Anyway, so far, he did more than what Basile did in his period. He went to Europe and watched many matches where our players played, and talked to many of them too, to know what they feel about the NT and what they think needs a change from Basile's time. I would say everything, but he won't ask me. Unless... (Having a thought similar to Captain Tsubasa)  :D

alanrotoi

Chulk

Quote from: Rotoi on November 08, 2008, 04:55:11 AM
Niupi niupi rah rah rah!
I read this without understanding and came back after 10 mins when I realized you meant Newpy.
Te dejo un link que va a hacer que se te piante un lagrimon

Intro Super campeones(Hasta tiene traducida la letra original) Recomendado verlo en Alta Calidad

Y fijate que ese usuario los habia subido todos, pero un hacker se los borro asi que los esta subiendo de nuevo.
Si no queres esperar, Lipechupao los subio todos ya, aunque tardan bastante mas en cargar que los de Frank...

Chulk

11th round update!

Uruguay played a solid mtach and beat Paraguay clearly.

Diego Maradona's official debut was great. Argentina played like it should, Messi was great (he doesn't have to slow down because Riquelme quit the NT, lucky for us!) and got an easy victory over Venezuela.

Bolivia played with a "B" team to have their top team against Argentina on Wednesday. It's not a surprise Colombia beat them.

Brazil suffered from the 2800m over sea level at Quito, but got a draw thanks to the GK. Ecuador deserved more but almost lost, scoring the draw goal in added time.

Peru was really poor and lost 1-3 against a tacticly disciplined Chile in the Atlantic derby.

Uruguay  2 - 0    Paraguay
Argentina 4 - 0    Venezuela
Colombia   2 - 0    Bolivia
Ecuador        1 - 1    Brazil
Peru        1 - 3    Chile

Uruguay, Colombia and Ecuador are fighting for 5th place, that will play against 4th in Concacaf for a place in WC.

Standings

TEAM     P    W   D   L   GF   GA   DIF    PTS
Paraguay 11 7 2 2 18 8 10 23
Argentina 11 5 4 2 17 7 10 19
Chile 11 6 1 4 17 14 3 19
Brasil 11 4 6 1 16 5 11 18
Uruguay 11 4 4 3 21 10 11 16
Colombia 11 3 5 3 6 8 -2 14
Ecuador 11 3 4 4    13 18 -5 13
Venezuela 11 3 1 7 12 22 -10 10
Bolivia 11 2 3 6 13 24 -11 9
Perú 11 1 4 6 6 23 -17 7

Top Scorers

LUÍS FABIANO (Brazil) 4
FORLÁN Diego (Uruguay) 4
ABREU Sebastián (Uruguay) 4
RIQUELME Juan Román (Argentina) 4
9 players - 3

Next round (12th)

Venezuela - Colombia
Chile - Uruguay
Brasil - Perú
Bolivia - Argentina
Ecuador - Paraguay

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: Chulk on March 30, 2009, 08:56:52 PM
11th round update!

Uruguay played a solid mtach and beat Paraguay clearly.

Diego Maradona's official debut was great. Argentina played like it should, Messi was great (he doesn't have to slow down because Riquelme quit the NT, lucky for us!) and got an easy victory over Venezuela.

Bolivia played with a "B" team to have their top team against Argentina on Wednesday. It's not a surprise Colombia beat them.

Why would that be? They would have a chance vs Colombia with their A team, but will lose vs Argentina even with their best and most rested team. It doesn't seem to make sense...

Brazil suffered from the 2800m over sea level at Quito, but got a draw thanks to the GK. Ecuador deserved more but almost lost, scoring the draw goal in added time.

Peru was really poor and lost 1-3 against a tacticly disciplined Chile in the Atlantic derby.

So Brazil vs Argentina is the Pacific derby?  :D

Uruguay  2 - 0    Paraguay
Argentina 4 - 0    Venezuela
Colombia   2 - 0    Bolivia
Ecuador        1 - 1    Brazil
Peru        1 - 3    Chile

Uruguay, Colombia and Ecuador are fighting for 5th place, that will play against 4th in Concacaf for a place in WC.

Standings

TEAM     P    W   D   L   GF   GA   DIF    PTS
Paraguay 11 7 2 2 18 8 10 23
Argentina 11 5 4 2 17 7 10 19
Chile 11 6 1 4 17 14 3 19
Brasil 11 4 6 1 16 5 11 18
Uruguay 11 4 4 3 21 10 11 16
Colombia 11 3 5 3 6 8 -2 14
Ecuador 11 3 4 4    13 18 -5 13
Venezuela 11 3 1 7 12 22 -10 10
Bolivia 11 2 3 6 13 24 -11 9
Perú 11 1 4 6 6 23 -17 7

Top Scorers

LUÍS FABIANO (Brazil) 4
FORLÁN Diego (Uruguay) 4
ABREU Sebastián (Uruguay) 4
RIQUELME Juan Román (Argentina) 4
9 players - 3

Next round (12th)

Venezuela - Colombia
Chile - Uruguay
Brasil - Perú
Bolivia - Argentina
Ecuador - Paraguay

Thank you for the update!
But we can't be quite sure.

Chulk

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on March 30, 2009, 10:38:53 PM
Why would that be? They would have a chance vs Colombia with their A team, but will lose vs Argentina even with their best and most rested team. It doesn't seem to make sense...
They think they have a better chance playing in La Paz as they'll be playing at 3570m over sea level, where Argentina's team will have a hard time with the lack of oxigen...

QuoteBrazil suffered from the 2800m over sea level at Quito, but got a draw thanks to the GK. Ecuador deserved more but almost lost, scoring the draw goal in added time.

So Brazil vs Argentina is the Pacific derby?  :D
I made a stupid mistake, and No. Argentina vs Brazil is FOOTBALL derby!  ;) (I know Dup will agree)
Thank you for the update!
You're welcome!

Duplode

I guess Chulk can give a pretty assured answer on whether it made sense or not...  ;D ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujhB3DHzLlk#noexternalembed&hl=en&fs=1