News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

F1 by night ?

Started by Krys TOFF, December 13, 2007, 06:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

It is discussed since many years : do Australian and/or Japan F1 GP late in local time, that means during night, in order to benefit of the high TV audience in Europe.
Maybe it will happen finally : http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64366

Chulk

Many driver disagree with it because of safety issues, I'd like to see a GP at night but I have to agree with these drivers. And along with new rules for 2009 (about slicks and reduce downforce, discused in the other topic) it would be too much. Besides, they should invest a lot in those tracks to make sure there is enough light. I don't think it will be possible, at least not before 2010.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Anyway, I think it would be too dangerous too. Imagine an electric issue in the middle of the race : how drivers will see the road without lights on their cars ?

BonzaiJoe

I guess it would attract far less spectators at the track too...
But we can't be quite sure.

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 13, 2007, 08:11:50 PM
Anyway, I think it would be too dangerous too. Imagine an electric issue in the middle of the race : how drivers will see the road without lights on their cars ?
Maybe Zak can sell his helmet/lantern to F1 and become rich!

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk on December 13, 2007, 09:32:30 PM
:D excellent idea ! Zak, you know what to do. ;)

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 13, 2007, 09:34:49 PM
Quote from: Chulk on December 13, 2007, 09:32:30 PM
:D excellent idea ! Zak, you know what to do. ;)
Yes, sabotage the electric system on first GP raced at night and then get profit from all those dead drivers! :D

Krys TOFF

Check here to see the tests "by night" made by MotoGP pipsqueaks in Qatar.
You will have then an idea of what will be F1 races by night, starting with Singapore in 2008.

Each light is independant in order to have a security in case of problem with 1 of the lighter.