News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Formula 1 in 2008

Started by Krys TOFF, October 22, 2007, 04:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Where will be Alonso in 2008 ? Still with McLaren or going back to Renault, and in this case then who will be racing with him, Heiki (my wish) or Fisico ?

What will be able to do S. Bourdais, 4 times champion of ChampCar (4th title won this week-end with his 30th victory in ChampCar at Surfer's Paradise), with the small Toro Rosso team ?

Who will replace R. Schumacher in toyota team (my hope : F. Montagny, test driver at Toyota team in 2007, but I fear it won't be that way because he has no big sponsor behind him) ?

Chulk

I'd like to see Alonso in McLaren kicking Hamilton's (and Dennis') asses but he sure won't stay as relation is too complicated, and he knows he'll never have McLaren's best interest/car for him but for Hamilton. So I'd like to see Nico Rosberg in McLaren.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

It is confirmed : Alonso will leave McLaren for 2008.
Where will he be then ?

Toyota has a free seat with Ralf schumacher leaving and needs a top driver/good optimizer to finally have good results.

Renault is ready to have him back and didn't confirm any driver for 2008. It would be good see Alonso back to Renault but only if Kovalainen is the 2nd driver. Sadly, I fear that a come-back to Renault would mean a come-back as test driver for Kovalainen, even if he had more points in 2007 championship than Fisico...
Also, Renault want a 3 years contract while Alonso wants only a 1 year contract to be able to switch to another top team (Ferrari or BMW) at the end of 2008.

But it seems McLaren can accept to break Alonso's contract only if he leaves for a non-constructor team. that is not Ferrari, not BMW, not Toyota and not Renault.

What are the remaining possibilities ? Red Bull and only Red Bull.
Williams doesn't seem a real possibility (as British as McLaren in my opinion to fit Alonso's wishes) and Toro Rosso has confirmed his drivers.

On the other hand, rumors are heard about Barrichello going down to Super Aguri (due to no point in 2007 with Honda while Button got 6) while Sato may come back to Honda main team.

Answers soon. ;)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Krys TOFFWhat are the remaining possibilities ? Red Bull and only Red Bull.
Williams doesn't seem a real possibility (as British as McLaren in my opinion to fit Alonso's wishes) and Toro Rosso has confirmed his drivers.
Mmmm, it seems that Coulthard and Webber are also confirmed by Red Bull for 2008.
It seems that only Toyota and Renault remains possible, and the presence of Trulli (ex-partner of Alonso with Renault) can be an advantage for negociations with Toyota. With Renault, there's still the contract duiration issue.
There's still the possibility that Rosberg goes to McLaren while Alonso goes to Williams, but I don't believe it.

CTG

It will be Renault or nothing. All the other teams are just too weak for Nyalonso.

CTG

I hope to see an Alonso - Piquet Jr. team with the same result as it was in 2007 with Hamilton. ;D

(altough I think Piquet Jr. is a lot weaker than Hamilton)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTGIt will be Renault or nothing. All the other teams are just too weak for Nyalonso.
Latest rumor : Alonso-Fisico for Renault and Hamilton-Kovalainen for McLaren, with an arrangement for the 2 teams as Kovalainen is a "Renault familly" driver (Nissan formula champion, then Renault test driver, then Renault driver). Renault probably will want a possible back-up of Kovalainen back to Renault in 2009 in case Alonso gets a 1 year contract only with Renault (as he wants while Renault wants a 3 years contract) and then decide to leave for another team for 2009 season.

This is just a rumor of course, as it may also be Pedro De la rosa (current test driver for McLaren) with Hamilton for 2008 while Kovalainen be back as test driver for Renault (then with fisico and Alonso as drivers).

I like Kovalainen and I really wants to see him as real driver for 2008, not test driver.
Come on Briatore, make me happy and put Fisico as test driver in case you get Alonso back. Heiki got more points than Fisico in 2007 and got the only podium of Renault. He made mistakes during his first races but he is a fast learner and proved his talent.

CTG

I just read about Alonso-Ross Brawn-Red Bull marriage (as for spanish news one of Webber-Coulthard will be fired to employ Alonso). Sounds quite irrealistic but still interesting.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on November 05, 2007, 04:11:23 PM
I just read about Alonso-Ross Brawn-Red Bull marriage (as for spanish news one of Webber-Coulthard will be fired to employ Alonso). Sounds quite irrealistic but still interesting.
Not necessary fired, he may be 3rd driver. Anyway, Webber would probably be that one.

Chulk

Yes, probably, though Coulthard could retire as his old teammate Mika did recently.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Krys TOFF
It is confirmed : Alonso will leave McLaren for 2008.
Where will he be then ?
(...)
Williams doesn't seem a real possibility (as British as McLaren in my opinion to fit Alonso's wishes)
I was right : Satoru Nakajima (who replaced Wurz for last GP of 2007) is confirmed with Nico Rosberg as driver for Williams team. Alonso won't be driving a Williams car for 2008.

CTG

Damn... Rosberg deserves a better car than Williams. Anyway it will be the easiest possible solution: Alonso goes to Renault, Fisichella will be fired. Piquet Jr. won't race or he's going to a minor team.

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on November 07, 2007, 01:13:55 PM
Satoru Nakajima is confirmed with Nico Rosberg as driver for Williams team. Alonso won't be driving a Williams car for 2008.
And I won't see Nico Rosberg in McLaren. :(
Quote from: CTG on November 07, 2007, 05:53:07 PM
Damn... Rosberg deserves a better car than Williams.
I agree and that's why I wanted to see Nico in McLaren for 2008.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk
Quote from: CTGRosberg deserves a better car than Williams.
I agree and that's why I wanted to see Nico in McLaren for 2008.
I agree too, Nico Rosberg is a promising driver.

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on November 07, 2007, 01:13:55 PM
Satoru Nakajima (who replaced Wurz for last GP of 2007) is confirmed with Nico Rosberg as driver for Williams team.
Williams will have 2 former F1 drivers's sons.