News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Formula 1 in 2008

Started by Krys TOFF, October 22, 2007, 04:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk on November 08, 2007, 03:16:35 PM
Quote from: Krys TOFF on November 07, 2007, 01:13:55 PM
Satoru Nakajima (who replaced Wurz for last GP of 2007) is confirmed with Nico Rosberg as driver for Williams team.
Williams will have 2 former F1 drivers's sons.
Oooops ! This is Kazuki Nakajima and not Satoru Nakajima that will drive for Williams. Satoru is the father of Kazuki, that's right. Satoru was the 1st Japan driver in F1 to race a full season in 1987.

Chulk

McLaren accused Renault for espionage... Heiki to McLaren is delayed.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Yep it would be strange to see driver transfers between these two teams while they are fighting about Spy Game #2.

Krys TOFF

McLaren accused Renault a few months ago, when McLaren was in the middle of their spy storm with Ferrari.
It was just a strategy to put the media away from McLaren for a moment.
In september, FIA already studied this 2nd "spy affair" and concluded that it was not real. But according to FIA procedures, Renault must be audited by FIA officially, which will be done soon.
Unlike McLaren, who hided information from experts mandated by FIA, Renault let all independant FIA experts study the car, the computer systems and history of mail and so on. Nothing was found.
I really think this procedure will lead to nowhere but another bad reputation for McLaren.

Krys TOFF

And Heiki going to McLaren is not a real possibility I think. I can better imagine Coulthard going back to McLaren and Alonso join Red Bull for 1 year as Renault still want a 3 years contract and not a 1 year contract for Alonso.
Also, another problem for Alonso come-back to Renault is that 1 sponsor of Alonso is a Spanish bank. I don't think that ING (Dutch bank, sponsor of Renault since 2007) will like to see anothe bank name close to their own logo on Alonso shirt.

Also, don't forget that McLaren is under high survey by FIA regarding their 2008 car specifications : if some elements in McLaren are found identical as the Ferrari ones, they won't be allowed.

CTG

So we can say Alonso escaped in the right moment from McLaren. Lucky...

CTG

Alonso: Ferrari?!? Oh my God, I hope it won't become true...

CTG

Schumacher made quite a good test day after one year of silence - beating almost everybody, only De La Rosa (who tested his top car in the whole year) could beat him. I guess a few test days would make Schumacher to be the best again. It would be a great thing if he comes back for the next season (sweet dreams...).

CTG

And at the end of the day Schumacher was the fastest. He is still the best!!!

Krys TOFF

Jean Todt replaced by Stefano Domenicali  as Ferrari F1 manager, Ross Brawn (who wanted to replace Todt) then prefered to go to Honda.
Maybe Honda will finally have a good car with Brawn's help.

The 2nd place at Force India (ex-Spyker) team will be hard to get : Ralf Schumacher, Christian Klien, Vitantonio Liuzzi and now Franck Montagny are all potential drivers. Maybe even Fisico too in case Alonso gets back to Renault. So much drivers interested by a so slow car... ::)

Krys TOFF

Toyota team for 2008 is known : Jarno Trulli will race with Timo Glock (GP2 champion this year).

3rd driver for Toyota is now Kamui Kobayashi (4th this year in F3 Euro Series). This means that Franck Montagny (3rd driver of Toyota in 2007, racing again in Barcelona this week with them) is one more available F1 pilot for Force India.

Damn, so many "free" pilots all wanting to join a brand new team : R. Schumacher, F. Montagny, V. Luizzi, Christian Klien and G. Fisichella (in case F. Alonso joins back Renault, which is already sure according to Red Bull manager).

CTG

What a shame Prodrive can't start in 2008! It would be another two vacant places.

Chulk

Yes, it's a shame. Alonso would have a good car to go to.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

I hope R. Schumacher, Fisichella, Barrichello and some other burned out pipsqueaks will disappear soon and give place to Piquet Jr., Bruno Senna, Paffett, Klien...

Krys TOFF

Nobody told about it here, but Kimi has been confirmed World Champion for 2007. Good news. :)

Latest news : F. Briatore confirmed that Renault drivers will be different next year. Fisichella is now 99% sure to be away from Renault (my opinion), and Alonso is 60% sure to come back to Renault (Briatore's opinion).

But Briatore told "Renault pilots", with an "s", so there also may be a change for the 2nd pilot too. Rumors talk about Heiki Kovalainen going to McLaren (as Nico Rosberg is confirmed to stay with Williams), and then a 2nd seat will be available for Renault. For who ?

Franck Montagny maybe, ex-3rd driver of Renault or Nelsinho Piquet (3rd driver for Renault in 2007). Both may be not too expensive for the team compared to Kovalainen because his good results last year (better than Fisico ones) will mean a higher payement for him.
And Alonso's come back to Renault will also mean a higher salary for him (compared to what he was paid in 2005 and 2006 by Renault).
So, as Renault's policy is not to pay too much for drivers' salaries, they may be interested by "low-cost" 2nd driver compared to Kovalainen.
This means no Fisico, no Ralf Schumi. But real possibility for Piquet Jr or Montagny. Or Klein (3rd driver for Honda in 2007 but more interested to race that to do tests). Or even maybe Luizzi (I don't think so but he remains a possibility)...