News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Formula 1 in 2008

Started by Krys TOFF, October 22, 2007, 04:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

No voice pro-Hamilton...? OK, then I want to say something...
As I said in the past, I never support Ferrari in my life, even if its factory, in Maranello, is far only about 150 km from my house. I always support drivers (not cars), mainly Niki Lauda (since 1975 with Ferrari when I was 6 years old, until his retirement after the title won with the McLaren) and above all Ayrton Senna, for me the absolute best driver in the history of the F1. After him, I was mainly anti-Schumacher (I could write a long post with all my reasons, but it's not my desire to do this now), trying to find, year after year, a driver who could be able to beat him, as J. Villeneuve succeeded to do, one of my absolute golden moments in whatever sport. After Schumacher's retirement, I thought that maybe I could support a Ferrari's driver, as Kimi Raikkonen. But when I saw Hamilton driving, I found again the same sensations I felt with Ayrton. Senna remains unreachable for Hamilton, but when I see the McLaren's driver, I see the same grim and the same agone, the real salt of every race. Think, but only for example, what he did last September at Monza. How many surpasses do you can remember from Hamilton? Maybe 10 or more. How many from others, Ferrari's drivers included?
Does he make too much strong actions when he races? I think that many of us will do the same, during a race. Maybe he can be not likeable. But he's the only able to arouse true emotions when he drives.
Maybe Hamilton will lose the title even this year, and Ferrari's fans will be happy again to win without a real champion, still in adoration in front of their metal idol. But Lewis Hamilton will remain a man who drives his car as a driver has to do if he races for passion a not in order to win a title.

Duplode

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on November 02, 2008, 02:22:24 PMMaybe Hamilton will lose the title even this year, and Ferrari's fans will be happy again to win without a real champion, still in adoration in front of their metal idol. But Lewis Hamilton will remain a man who drives his car as a driver has to do if he races for passion a not in order to win a title.
For me, one thing is true, indeed: Even as a Brazilian, I don't feel that much motivated for supporting Massa, at least not in this season. I could not feel the champion "vibe" as well...

Anyway, a bit more than three hours for the race. Although I do not live exactly close to Interlagos (~25km), we're getting intermittent rain showers already, and the sky looks blacker southwards, in the direction of the racetrack... ::)

CTG

F U C K   O F F   G L O C K ! ! ! >:(

Chulk

Damn! I was really happy when Massa won (I hate Hamilton, he's really a good driver, but talks way too much and is too arrogant as well) but then I realized it was raining heavy and Glock wouldn't be able to stay in pace... Anyway, another year without a driver worthy to support, I only cheared for McLaren, but seeing how bad Heiki is (Ron, you should have kept Fernando) I was only interested in following Vettel's (who is my favourite driver from now on) improvement in hope to see him in McLaren soon...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Oh my, what a finish, what a finish...! and Hamilton was going to actively lose it again... ::) Well, now we'll see in next season to see if Hamilton will  match his skills with more level-headness to defend his title, and whether Massa's performances will better capture our (or, at least, my) imaginations before the final race. And I really hope Renault will bring Alonso back to the title battle!

Quote from: Chulk on November 02, 2008, 08:20:33 PM
I was only interested in following Vettel's (who is my favourite driver from now on) improvement in hope to see him in McLaren soon...

Are you sure you want to see him paired with Hamilton at the current state of affairs? On a more immediate future, hopefully his machinery at Red Bull will remain competitive for next season, I want to see his star shining further as well...

Krys TOFF

Stupid Glock, why did he stay on dry tyres ?
Stupid Trulli, why did he ruin the race of Bourdais ?
Stupid Coulthard, why did he made a mistake at the very start of his last F1 race ? Not the best way to end a F1 career...

Oh, and congrats to lucky Hamilton. ;)
Too bad for Massa, but his stupid season start  with 2 retirements at first 2 races due to his own fault cost him the championship in the end.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Krys TOFF on November 02, 2008, 09:17:22 PM

Glock was 20 seconds behind Hamilton when it started to rain in the final. If he changed his tyres too, he would be remained behind...   ;)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on November 02, 2008, 10:25:20 PM
Quote from: Krys TOFF on November 02, 2008, 09:17:22 PM

Glock was 20 seconds behind Hamilton when it started to rain in the final. If he changed his tyres too, he would be remained behind...   ;)
Mmmm, well, that's right. ;D

Anyway, a priceless thing :

At least, Ferrari won the constructor championship, and Alonso took the 5th place in the championship to Heidfeld.

CTG

Hamilton won't defend his title - he can't win a championship from his own power, he needs a lot of luck (too much rain in this season, Massa's DQF at Hungaroring, Glock's cheat, etc.).

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on November 02, 2008, 08:44:15 PM
Quote from: Chulk on November 02, 2008, 08:20:33 PM
I was only interested in following Vettel's (who is my favourite driver from now on) improvement in hope to see him in McLaren soon...
Are you sure you want to see him paired with Hamilton at the current state of affairs? On a more immediate future, hopefully his machinery at Red Bull will remain competitive for next season, I want to see his star shining further as well...
I said I want to see him in McLaren, not that I want to see him with Hamilton! Of course I know this won't happen, so my expectations for next year is Renault keeping up with the improvement they did last part of the year so Alonso can show Hamilton he can beat him most of the times, with fair racing and no team cheating.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

A guy named Fiszman is drawing some funny things about F1. Here is the one about last GP of 2008 :

Translation : This year, Brasil celebrated the 20 years of 1st world champion title of Senna and the 20 seconds of 1st title of Massa. :D