News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Formula 1 in 2008

Started by Krys TOFF, October 22, 2007, 04:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulk

No comments about Massa's victory or him leading the championship... and it's been almost a week. It shows nobody around here likes him very much. Besides, he was just lucky, but still he deserved a mention I think.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on June 27, 2008, 06:43:41 PM
No comments about Massa's victory or him leading the championship... and it's been almost a week. It shows nobody around here likes him very much. Besides, he was just lucky, but still he deserved a mention I think.

I like Massa... :D Even though he didn't inspire much confidence through '07 season, now he's beginning to show the consistence needed for being a genuine title contender. Anyway, it's interesting how he gets more than the average share of hate/dislike from F1 fans in Europe or elsewhere... ::)

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on June 27, 2008, 11:46:19 PM
Anyway, it's interesting how he gets more than the average share of hate/dislike from F1 fans in Europe or elsewhere... ::)
That's because he's an over-estimated mediocre driver in a top team in a top category.

Krys TOFF

Massa is like Barrochello or Irvine before him at Ferrari : good with a good car, but not a champion able to do the best with a not-top car.
Raikkonen and Alonso proved to be good, even with slow cars. But not Massa. My opinion only of course. ;)

CTG

I always say Massa is retarded... ;D

Duplode

Quote from: Duplode on June 27, 2008, 11:46:19 PM
I like Massa... :D Even though he didn't inspire much confidence through '07 season, now he's beginning to show the consistence needed for being a genuine title contender. Anyway, it's interesting how he gets more than the average share of hate/dislike from F1 fans in Europe or elsewhere... ::)

Perhaps I should thank Massa for making my evaluation so valid and consistent? :-X >:(

Krys TOFF

;D
Massa is a great driver : he did numerous errors and always managed to go back to the track and finish the race, while some others (Kubica, ...) made only 1 mistake and couldn't go back to the track and finish the race. So, Massa is good... In aquaplanning ! :D

AbuRaf70

Noticia de último momento....!!!

Escuché por radio, que el Banco Santander, no le renovará el contrato a McLaren al término de éste (creo 2009) por el mal trato que le dieron a Alonso...

En el 2010, se lo pasarán a Ferrari, con Alonso incluído...  creo que allí Alonso será de "temer" ya que cuando tiene un auto que anda bien, "es imparable"....

Una muy buena noticia, para un Ferrarista como yo....
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.

Chulk

Yes, I heard that too. Sadly, I'm McLaren fan so it's not a great news for me... Kimi and Alonso together in Ferrari will kick ass.

Si, escuche lo mismo. Lamentablemente, al ser hincha de McLaren no me entusiasma la noticia. Kimi y Alonso en Ferrari va a ser un afano.

AbuRaf70

Si...  creo que va a ser así, pero las carreras hay que correrlas, decía J.M.Fangio...
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.

Chulk

McLaren's evolution was clearly stronger than Ferrari's. It was said in The daily telegraph, that new McLaren's steering wheel has 4 paddles at the back. 2 of them are for gear changing and every car has it. But the other 2 are used for adjusting Gear Ratio to achieve a better torque in every running gear. As a result of this, wheelspinning is reduced in low gears without lossing final speed or torque in high gears. Rules said this torque and gears change can't be done in one process, so having two different paddles (hence 2 diferent processes) bends this rule.

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on July 24, 2008, 09:15:34 PM
McLaren's evolution was clearly stronger than Ferrari's. It was said in The daily telegraph, that new McLaren's steering wheel has 4 paddles at the back. 2 of them are for gear changing and every car has it. But the other 2 are used for adjusting Gear Ratio to achieve a better torque in every running gear. As a result of this, wheelspinning is reduced in low gears without lossing final speed or torque in high gears. Rules said this torque and gears change can't be done in one process, so having two different paddles (hence 2 diferent processes) bends this rule.

So McLaren is cheating as always...

Chulk

It's not cheating until the stewards say it's cheating. Besides, rules are clear. They can't do it in one process, but pressing 2 diferrent paddles is 2 processes. Maybe interpretation will forbid it for future races, but there shouldn't be any penalty for previous use of them.

CTG

Hungaroring... One of the most boring tracks ever but still Hungarian. ;)

Chulk

So, is any of you, hungarian guys, going to Hungaroring?

Quote from: Krys in every race ;D
Don't forget to tip!
Hehehehe