News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Dead Poets Society

Started by Krys TOFF, October 23, 2007, 10:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Feel free to publish your poems in this topic, in case it happens that you write some.
Here are my dark thoughts of the day...

Welcome to Hell.

Angels are Heaven's guardians,
And Devils are Hell's warriors.
Humans are just barbarians
That God decided to ignore.

So the hordes of Evil are spreading
All around the human beeings...

Now tell me how long will it take,
Before humans realize their fate ?

CTG

Oh pal, poems are for women and femalish men. Literature is useless. (Arguement opening message from the adobe)

BonzaiJoe

I agree in a sense CTG!

Poetry is for human beings, not so much for men who just try to resemble gorillas as much as possible. Gorillas don't write poetry.

Krys: I was really impressed with the first paragraph! I didn't know you could write...
Nice rhythm & rhymes too. The last two lines seem a bit simple compared to the first four (?)

By the way, don't worry, there is no god, nobody is ignoring us :)
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTGOh pal, poems are for women and femalish men. Literature is useless. (Arguement opening message from the adobe)
Greatest poets in history of litterature were almost only men. :P

Quote from: BonzaiJoeI was really impressed with the first paragraph! I didn't know you could write...
Nice rhythm & rhymes too. The last two lines seem a bit simple compared to the first four (?)

By the way, don't worry, there is no god, nobody is ignoring us :)
Thanks. :)
I don't worry about any God btw, the first 4 verses just came into my mind, so I wrote them and completed them.
Difference between the 4 first are that I didn't have to think to write them, they just imposed themselves to me, while I had to think to conclude with the last 4 verses. Obviously, my verses are better when I don't think and just let inspiration come. ;)

Regarding writing, I already wrote 4 short stories and 4 poems (apart from the one at the beginning of this topic), all of them in French. "Welcome to Hell" is my 1st writing in English (not counting the joke of "Lord of the Wheels" written some years ago and available to read from ZakStunts website).

For those who understand French, here is the link : http://inlibroveritas.net/auteur2277-oeuvres.html
These texts are published under Creative Commons licence, and are mainly "fantastic" style (like Lovecraft or some Maupassant short stories). If you use an automatic translator, you will loose a lot compared to the original text and atmosphere, especially for "La fente" or "Le bois des ch?nes ?ternels", so I don't suggest doing this.

The poems are different, talking of my thoughts at certain times, good or bad. One of them is talking of my daughter ("En attendant la m?tamorphose").

Chulk

Sadly, I'm a lousy writer. But I really like to read what other people write. I wrote short stories but only as homework for school or my English learning, and always about a given topic. They always suck but where grammatically correct, so I passed all of them! ;)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Krys: maybe they were men but just femalish/gayish men.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTGKrys: maybe they were men but just femalish/gayish men.
Sure, just like you. ;D

Why do you think that beeing a macho means beeing a real man while writing short stories or poems means beeing gay ?
Maybe DJ is right : you're more animal than human. :P

CTG

Quote from: Krys TOFF on October 23, 2007, 08:02:15 PM
Quote from: CTGKrys: maybe they were men but just femalish/gayish men.
Sure, just like you. ;D

Why do you think that beeing a macho means beeing a real man while writing short stories or poems means beeing gay ?
Maybe DJ is right : you're more animal than human. :P

We can argue about typial maleish things. But I'm still waiting for Akoss' opinion. :D

BonzaiJoe

Scientists make the world go round.

Artists give the world a reason to go round.

By the way, I feel pity for those men who try to be gorillas :) Apart from writing poetry, playing music, wearing eyeliner and other femaleish things, I like to watch football games, mosh at concerts, get extremely drunk, play chess etc. I don't feel that I have to restrict myself, and that is really liberating... It must be hard to have to live up to a certain image that someone else created!

CTG

I don't have to force myself to be a gorilla. It's a maleish instict. ;D

Krys TOFF

Quote from: BonzaiJoewearing eyeliner and other femaleish things
Sorry, but I won't wear eyeliner nor other femalish things (red stick for lips ?).
I don't like women with too much make-up, that's not to make-up my own face. :D

BonzaiJoe

Chulk

There are already 13 replies on this topic and only a few are about poetry or literature and most of them are about gay-macho stuff. BTW, I think art is not gaylish, wearing eyeliner is (just kidding BJ ;)), and poetry is art. Will you CTG call gay someone who acts or plays music?
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

CTG also wrote poems in secondary school... (about Atta :)) Before I may tell my opinion about the topic, first, I need explanation of this and your opinion, because I discover some kind of opposition between these two. :)
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km