News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

NORH - R10/2007 - "EVERGLADES"

Started by Mark L. Rivers, October 29, 2007, 07:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

I just tested the track. Leaders have an amazing time...

I did 1:26.30...

Mark L. Rivers

My final time for Finish!
I would try again but I have not time anymore to race until the deadline?
What about my final time? Well, it?s not a perfect race. I made almost five or six small errors (you?ll see in my video that it?s a not a RH-race-like as Duplode did in Gate?.) that caused a total loss around 1?50, I think. But I think also to have some chances to reach my target declared in a previous comment, that is to win this race? ;)

Duplode

Considering we're less than 24h from the deadline, I'd say I'm in a quite unvavourble position right now... :-\ but we'll see.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on November 24, 2007, 04:05:11 PM
Considering we're less than 24h from the deadline, I'd say I'm in a quite unvavourble position right now... :-\ but we'll see.

Maybe it doesn't change so much, but deadline it's tomorrow at 23:59:59 (GMT+1), so... still about 30 hours...

Duplode

Duplode

Well, in the end I was unable to do serious racing in the extra hours  :-\ Now I can only hope Krys couldn't bridge the gap...

Krys TOFF

Quote from: DuplodeWell, in the end I was unable to do serious racing in the extra hours  :-\ Now I can only hope Krys couldn't bridge the gap...
Nervous ? ;D

Mark L. Rivers

Finish!

It?s finished! The great challenge for the 2nd title of the unique official NORH Stunts contest on the WEB is finished! No surprises in last week: the title goes to me who write my name afterward Chulk on the winner?s book!   :)   But I wanted also strongly the victory in this race to legitimate, more than I did during the season, the title, having to race on a track not designed by me. And so, even the title was almost sure, I improved again my time lowering until an unthinkable limit only last week: 1?20?50!  ;)  No further improvements instead for Chulk and Duplode, while Krys TOFF sent a final time really appreciable, above all for the 1st half of race, as we can consider checking the analysis. So let?s start for the last time to a trip inside this wonderful a dazzling race!  8)   Quite linear 1st section for all drivers, even if Chulk, Duplode and Krys TOFF insert the 4th gear only afterward to land the first jump, while I insert it immediately, on top of the first ramp. So on top of the 2nd ramp (where powergear starts) I lead for 0?15 on others, not a big gap, but at this level all counts...  ;)  A very high and long jump for Chulk just after to insert the ?magic? 6th gear, determines a longer trajectory than others, and so this is the standing at first intermediate: I (closing also more than others toward the loop) lead with 25?15, 2nd Krys TOFF and Duplode (same time for both, 25?50), 3rd Chulk (25?80). Just after the 1st intermediate, we find my first little guide error, passing a bit too much far from the loop. It?s the first of five little guide errors I made during the lap.  ::)   Instead, Chulk and Duplode have driven really in a perfect way until the Finish! Krys also drove perfectly but showing his great NORH skill only until the half of the lap.  :)  And now, 2nd section. I, Krys and Chulk follow the track, jumping normally the bridge while Duplode cuts the large 180? so to re-enter on the track just before the L/R corkscrew: difficult to say if this cut is really rewarding, maybe it?s a more safe way (less crashes) than approaching the large curve, but the speed wherewith the brazilian escapes from the corkscrew is sure lower than others...  ::)  Meanwhile, other two little errors for me during the 180?, two times with the wheels on the grass even if only lightly. And I make another mistake placing again the wheels on the grass just before the ramp that permits to all drivers to re-gain the powergear...  :(  But then we find the great divide that determines a lot the final result of this race. Powergear for all from the ramp who leads to the pipe but three different choices for the four drivers: left side of the pipe for Krys and me, right side for Chulk and, very unusual strategy error for him, Duplode chooses the middle!  ???   Yes, while Chulk, I and Krys choose to cut the aerial tract placed after the pipe, re-entering on the track between the final ramp and the tunnel, Duplode follows the track transiting on the elevated curve and losing so a lot of time. The standing at 2nd intermediate (end of the pipe): 1st me with 48?00, 2nd Krys (really great half race for him!  8)) with 48?70, 3rd Chulk with 49?05 and 4th Duplode (the only who had to brake before the intermediate, in order of the choice made) with 49?50. The brazilian ace drives in a perfect way on the elevated curve arriving to insert the 5th gear just before the L/R corkscrew, but it won?t be enough?  :-\  Meanwhile, how do the other three drivers approach the re-entering on the track? Krys TOFF doesn?t succeed to close the curve on the grass and he has to leaves the gas very soon reaching so the asphalt with the 3rd gear (but maybe had to insert the 2nd one? ::)) losing really a lot of speed, while I leave the gas very near to the re-entering and so approach the tunnel with a full 4th gear. And Chulk? Well, availing the angle permitted him being jumped on the right side of the pipe, he re-enters on the track keeping the powergear!!!  :o :o :o  And he succeeds to control his car in the subsequent tract, passing through the left barrier placed just before the L/R corkscrew! Wonderful, really wonderful!  8)  Quite similar trend for all drivers from corkscrew until the 3rd intermediate (even if Chulk maybe loses a bit on the sharp curve that introduces in the tunnel?), reached with the following standing: 1st me with 1?04?50, 2nd Chulk with 1?05?60, 3rd Duplode with 1?09?45 and 4th Krys with 1?11?35 (too much speed loss previously). Race still open until here for Chulk and me, but again different choices determine the final result! Quite linear tract for all until the final hill but then Chulk and Krys choose cautiously to follow the track jumping toward the bank-road curve, while Duplode and me choose to cut the final tract aiming directly to the finish!  :o  Krys doesn?t succeed to keep the powergear while Chulk conserves it, anyway both lose 2? ? 3? on the other couple. Who did result the faster? A fantastic Duplode, who drives again perfectly on the last tract too!  8)   I make my last error choosing a bad angle that causes a little speed loss before the hill: Powergear reached, but jump very short, risking to land on the side of the hill that would mean a sure penalty!  :o  Anyway, in order of the angle chose, I don?t succeed to close the line toward the finish and my race ends a bit later than it could be. Wow, what an intense and dazzling challenge!!  :)  And what a wonderful season has been!!   :) :)  I sure hope that next year many other drivers will join to the NORH contest, even if, as you probably know, it won?t be admitted to SDR. Anyway, the passion that leaded the NORH drivers to facing with so high engagement this year, sure will be the same the next one, and this means that we?ll have another marvelous season managed by Krys TOFF!  8)   So, waiting for a new start, we can say one more time: long live to NORH races, long live to Stunts!  :) :) :)

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/index_SDR.htm

Duplode

Quote from: Krys TOFF on November 26, 2007, 11:46:38 AM
Nervous ? ;D

Well, as pointed out by Mark Krys' first half of the race shows I sure had reasons to worry, and was fortunate to escape  ;) For sure I was missing some big cut... and BTW, quite interesting laps to watch, folks.

CTG

Duplode

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Duplode on November 26, 2007, 10:27:50 PM
Quote from: Krys TOFF on November 26, 2007, 11:46:38 AM
Nervous ? ;D

Well, as pointed out by Mark Krys' first half of the race shows I sure had reasons to worry, and was fortunate to escape  ;) For sure I was missing some big cut... and BTW, quite interesting laps to watch, folks.
Yes, but I was so happy of my good start that I became too cautious for the 2nd half, fearing a crash. And so, my finish is quite poor. With RH it would have been much easier for me. :D

CTG

Chulk

Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Duplode's ... is hidden link to another topic - to another flamewar. ;D