News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Loeb driving F1, Kovalainen driving a WRC

Started by Krys TOFF, December 06, 2007, 09:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Tuesday and wednesday this week, Loeb and Kovalainen exchanged their cars.
Loeb tested a Renault F1 R26 in Paul Ricard track, Kovalainen then tested the Citroen C4 WRC on a 3km long special offroad track created for this occasion.

Results ?

Loeb's best lap was only 1 second slower than Kovalainen's best lap. Quite good after only a few laps by Leob (18 overall). :) But Loeb admitted that physically his neck could not afford a full race of F1 for the moment, he is not prepared to afford so much G impact on his neck for a long period.

On the other hand, Kovalainen destroyed one front wheel of the C4 WRC on a big stone ! Not the tyre, the entire wheel was destroyed !!! :D It seems that Loeb knows better his limits than Kovalainen does. ;D

CTG

Loeb is going to test a Red Bull Renault soon, I wonder about his performance compared to other drivers... It seems F1 is way too easy for WRC (Loeb) and Moto GP (Rossi) pipsqueaks. :D

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on November 04, 2008, 09:50:42 AM
Loeb is going to test a Red Bull Renault soon, I wonder about his performance compared to other drivers...
Answer mid-november, on Catalunya track. ;)
I'd like to see Loeb kick everybody's ass there. Unlike Renault test last year, this one will be done while almost all teams will be there doing tests for 2009. :)