News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Visegrád (USC 55)

Started by CTG, December 17, 2007, 10:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

February track with a special car rule: you can use any of the ORIGINAL CARS + MELANGE. But! If you choose your car, you cannot change it later. Scoreboard: CTG will race with all the cars you use - spending the same RH time with each cars (30 or 60 minutes, I'm going to refresh my times every week). Scoreboard will be done by percents of time result compared to the championship manager. It will be a very tactical race: which car can be the worst for me on that track - and which one provides the biggest gaps. ;)

Duplode

Shocking! :o This is so crazy I need to think a bit more before commenting...

Krys TOFF

Tactical rule. We will have to be clever in our car choice according to CTG's weaknesses. But car choice will also depend of the track itself.

CTG

Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 18, 2007, 09:49:31 AM
Tactical rule. We will have to be clever in our car choice according to CTG's weaknesses. But car choice will also depend of the track itself.

What's more: there are some cars providing very small gaps (like IMSA on easier tracks). Without knowing the future track, Countach can be the best weapon. Or not. ;D

The other tactical thing: more cars, less attention from me. If 12 pipsqueaks choose different cars, I won't have enough time and motivation to reach good results.

Duplode

Possible objection #1: What if someone chooses, say, Countach and sends a replay only in the final days so you don't have any time to make a decent lap? Shall we close the entry list after the second week?

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on December 18, 2007, 12:23:41 PM
Possible objection #1: What if someone chooses, say, Countach and sends a replay only in the final days so you don't have any time to make a decent lap? Shall we close the entry list after the second week?
Good point. I think something like that should be done. Otherwise, someone can driver with different cars and then send the one he sees is the best choice. Deadline to join should be applied.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on December 18, 2007, 12:48:49 PM
Quote from: Duplode on December 18, 2007, 12:23:41 PM
Good point. I think something like that should be done. Otherwise, someone can driver with different cars and then send the one he sees is the best choice. Deadline to join should be applied.

Very good point of view. Let's say you have to confirm your car choice in e-mail. After publishing the rack you will have a week to test it without scoreboard and you can decide your choice.

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on December 18, 2007, 03:36:58 PM
Very good point of view. Let's say you have to confirm your car choice in e-mail. After publishing the rack you will have a week to test it without scoreboard and you can decide your choice.

That should work... the only other point is that one week might be too short for some potential pipsqueaks lacking time to race for any reason. I'd suggest making public the car choices done at the first week and then limiting any late pipsqueaks' entries to those cars. It would make the race more "open cards" as well.

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on December 18, 2007, 04:02:34 PM

That should work... the only other point is that one week might be too short for some potential pipsqueaks lacking time to race for any reason. I'd suggest making public the car choices done at the first week and then limiting any late pipsqueaks' entries to those cars. It would make the race more "open cards" as well.

Sounds good.

Duplode

Quote from: Duplode on December 18, 2007, 04:02:34 PM
the only other point is that one week might be too short for some potential pipsqueaks lacking time to race for any reason. I'd suggest making public the car choices done at the first week and then limiting any late pipsqueaks' entries to those cars. It would make the race more "open cards" as well.

Actually, thinking back this could cause problems as well... what if only two or three people send their choices on first week? It could become quite uniteresting then. A "10"-day deadline (three days after frst week or something like it) to join might still be necessary...

CTG

Track is ready, try to find out which car to use. You have to decide it before the deadline of Tarj?n.

CTG

Problem is the human factor. CTG can help his favorite drivers with lazy racing while he's able to punish others with taking it more seriously. I don't like this system. I'll pick the one with the most competitors to avoid that punishment.

I feel that Chulk will disagree with my point of view. :P

CTG

Not only Chulk. Me too! Car choices won't be public only if the race started and you can't change it.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on January 18, 2008, 02:21:19 PM
Not only Chulk. Me too! Car choices won't be public only if the race started and you can't change it.
Oh, we're not supposed to tell you our answer in this topic ? I was about to tell mine. Well, I'll send a PM instead. ;D

CTG

Great. What about not publishing them at all before it's own deadline, just a percentage compared to my replay?