News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZakStunts 2008 - Final rules and information

Started by zaqrack, December 18, 2007, 01:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Quote from: Argammon on January 06, 2008, 08:22:22 PM
It's just that PG still looks like a problem. So this month, the indy is superior to all the other cars as it is the only car to reach PG. And it can do so in 99% of all tracks...

I agree to that. Unlike the other PG cars, with Indy it's possible to find a PG way in almost every track (just think of Kalpen's CTRACK-B...). Unfortunately I can't see for now a viable solution that does not involve banning Indy use someway at certain races...

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on January 06, 2008, 10:53:51 PM
It's just that PG still looks like a problem. So this month, the indy is superior to all the other cars as it is the only car to reach PG. And it can do so in 99% of all tracks...

I agree to that. Unlike the other PG cars, with Indy it's possible to find a PG way in almost every track (just think of Kalpen's CTRACK-B...). Unfortunately I can't see for now a viable solution that does not involve banning Indy use someway at certain races...

Maybe a dosed and cute use of water... What do you think about the way wherewith drivers have to leave PG in Track B of ISM Eliminatory Round, just after to have crossed the initial lake...?

zaqrack

I'll try to keep track relatively PG-free. But believe me, the bonuses will also help. If on this track the full podium will be Indy, thats -1.5% for the Indy. At the same time, all unused cars get +0.5%. The difference is already 2%, which is quite a lot.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. RiversMaybe a dosed and cute use of water...
"cute" may not be the word I would use to describe water :D, but this is exactly my idea too. ;)

CTG

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on January 07, 2008, 11:22:58 AM
Sorry Mark, but this one looks horrible... :D

But works fine in-track anyway, at least for Indy  :)

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on January 07, 2008, 08:01:44 AM

Maybe a dosed and cute use of water... What do you think about the way wherewith drivers have to leave PG in Track B of ISM Eliminatory Round, just after to have crossed the initial lake...?

I actually managed to keep PG there... The problem was that my way was slower than losing PG and got me 18 seconds penalty time :)
But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 07, 2008, 07:30:19 PM
I actually managed to keep PG there... The problem was that my way was slower than losing PG and got me 18 seconds penalty time :)

Let's say it is "almost" possible... :)

Duplode

By the way, a somewhat less "cute"  :) but anyway possibly useful alternative to water would be placing SDR-style checkpoints on track, possibly delimiting no-PG sections, or even IRC sections...

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 07, 2008, 07:30:19 PM
Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on January 07, 2008, 08:01:44 AM

I see that you actually did the same PG trick there! (except I went left of the bridge). Nice idea to brake at the hillside, I didn't think of that...
But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

Yep, I wanted for quite some time to find an opportunity to use the "fence/water bug" in an actual race :) And still speaking of that sector, I really enjoy to watch you handling the sharper corners one gear above everyone else... 8)

Argammon

@ Duplode

It was used on the corvette track C10 January 2002.

I am still proud of that victory because I didn't use advanced replay handling and I think it is likely Roy used it. Moreover it was my first zakstunts victory ever.  :)

Duplode

@Argammon - I knew it was a very classic trick (in fact I first heard of it through BJ's article at ZakStunts), and only referred to my wish of pulling it off myself. Anyway, gonna watch your Z10 lap later  ;)

zaqrack

New rule effective from ZCT84 and onwards:

In order to further improve car balance, if a car received the "non used" +2pts bonus on the previous track as well, it'll receive +3 on the actual track. If it still won't be used, it'll get +4 on the upcoming track and so on...