News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

The best drivers ever...

Started by BonzaiJoe, December 21, 2007, 09:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

1. Renato Biker
2. Gutix
3. Ayrton
4. Argammon
5. Alain
6. Mark L. Rivers
7. CTG
8. Alan Rotoi
9. Bonzai Joe
10. Duplode/Dottore

(drivers like Roy Wiegerinck, Mark Nailwood and CAP were good in their day, but wouldn't survive on today's level)
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffff...

This list is just ridicoulus. With the same amount of playing and knowing all the trick possibilities published in different competitions, several old players would be as good as current "stars".

Subjective list from me:

1, Bonzai Joe
2, Alan Rotoi
3, Gutix
4, Argammon
5, Alain
6, Ayrton
7, Akoss Poo
8, Renato Biker
9, Roy Wiegerinck
10, CTG (maybe...)

Mark L. Rivers is not TOP10, although he's very close to it. If he makes such a good season again later (maybe versus some talented newbies, like Ayrton or Renato Biker was), he's able to be there. Dottore and Duplode are still absolutely far from overall TOP10, Duplode has more potential to reach it.

I have no real information about Nailwood, CAP or Inavoeg as I've never raced with them.

BonzaiJoe

I think we are using different criteria. I want to find out who I suppose is currently the best driver. Even though Alain, for example, doesn't race anymore, I believe if he came back, he would be capable of being that good.

Saying Akoss Poo is better than Renato Biker is a really strange joke :) Renato Biker holds the record on 10/12 permanent tracks, and has an average Zakstunts race ranking of about 1.2

CTG

I could beat Renato when I really wanted to win... the same is not true for you, Argammon or Akoss.

BonzaiJoe

You beat him on that one USC, after having seen his replay. Besides, that's your best replay ever (and the best Lancia replay ever). You can beat me when you want to, as well :)

But my list is like if all drivers were to race 3 races in a row, and all put an equal, big effort into it, that's how I think it would end up.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on December 21, 2007, 03:19:03 PM
You beat him on that one USC, after having seen his replay. Besides, that's your best replay ever (and the best Lancia replay ever). You can beat me when you want to, as well :)

But my list is like if all drivers were to race 3 races in a row, and all put an equal, big effort into it, that's how I think it would end up.

I accept your point although sometimes I've beaten Renato in ZSC too. But I think Renato was the weakest ghost of Alain. ;D

I really miss Akoss from your list. With full power racing we are about equal (maybe I'm a very bit better now) but his live Stunts skills makes me think he's a lot better than me.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

1 Bonzai Joe
2 Alan Rotoi
3 Argammon
4 Alain(=Ayrton, Renato Biker, Duplode, Mark L. Rivers, sometimes Mingva etc.)
5 Gutix
6 /me
7 CTG
8 pArAnO
9 Roy Wiegerinck
10 Zak
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Close to top10: Chulk, Diesel Joe, Dark Chaser, XDude_NL, Vamologocomisso, CAP, Mark Nailwood, Fdzierva, Inavoeg, Usrin, Bismarck, Pershing II, Tsino, Dottore (not in order).

629.09 km

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Akoss Poo on December 21, 2007, 03:43:07 PM
Close to top10: Chulk, Diesel Joe, Dark Chaser, XDude_NL, Vamologocomisso, CAP, Mark Nailwood, Fdzierva, Inavoeg, Usrin, Bismarck, Pershing II, Tsino, Dottore (not in order).
Please erase Tsino from this list. He was a ghost of Patricio.

Quote from: Akoss Poo on December 21, 2007, 03:37:05 PM
I could accept Myron as a ghost of Alain, because I always had a doubt about him. But none of the pipsqueaks listed.
Ayrton seems more than a ghost of Patricio than a ghost of Alain. Anyway, he speaks english too bad to really be a ghost of these pipsqueaks. :D
Renato, Duplode, Mark and Mingva are real people IMO.

Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 21, 2007, 03:57:44 PM
Quote from: Akoss Poo on December 21, 2007, 03:43:07 PM

Quote from: Akoss Poo on December 21, 2007, 03:37:05 PM
I could accept Myron as a ghost of Alain, because I always had a doubt about him. But none of the pipsqueaks listed.
Ayrton seems more than a ghost of Patricio than a ghost of Alain. Anyway, he speaks english too bad to really be a ghost of these pipsqueaks. :D
Renato, Duplode, Mark and Mingva are real people IMO.

About Tsino: why do you think that?
About Ayrton: yes, maybe, he was a Rotoi-puppet (LOL Rotoi just arrived to msn :D), but that makes no sense about the order of the real drivers.
Mingva: yes, I also think that he's real, but I'm not sure that he did all (part) of his replays.

629.09 km

CTG

Ghost: second/third/fourth /etc. character of an existing pipsqueak (Bolo) OR an existing human using other people's replay (Myron)

zaqrack

Quote from: CTG on December 21, 2007, 03:24:39 PM
I really miss Akoss from your list. With full power racing we are about equal (maybe I'm a very bit better now) but his live Stunts skills makes me think he's a lot better than me.

when it comes to live racing skills, I'm also there ;)

Quote from: zaqrack on December 21, 2007, 04:18:45 PM
Quote from: CTG on December 21, 2007, 03:24:39 PM

when it comes to live racing skills, I'm also there ;)

BTW yes, a live race ranking list would definitely include Zak in top5. Other great live pipsqueaks are BJ, Arg, Parano and (hopefully) /me.

629.09 km

After 4-5 beers it is sometimes too hard to beat Zak in live races. :)

629.09 km

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Akoss Poo on December 21, 2007, 04:00:58 PM
Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 21, 2007, 03:57:44 PM
About Tsino: why do you think that?
1/ the way Tsino raced at 4DSL while never participating in Lukas' forum where advertisement for 4DSL was made,
2/ the fact that a talented newcomer winning his first 5 races in a row (4DSL 1st season, races 1 to 5, Gutix won the 6th) while never racing any Stunts competitions before is almost impossible,
3/ the fact that Alan sent only listfiller bad replays at his own comp but wanted to send his real replay so he had to use a ghost,
4/ the fact that Tsino's joined ISA/IRC with as good efficiency as only Alan ever had in the history of these competitions,
5/ Alan and I discussed in mails about best times of one 4DSL race (race 5 or 6 of season 1 if I remember it well) and I told him that a time X was IMO the best possible. He answered that he could do better, that he had a replay, that his time was Y (=X-x seconds, I don't remember the exact times). And the time annouced by Alan was the final time of Tsino a few days later (Tsino was a few centiseconds faster, but it could be a finish improvement of Alan's previous time annouced in mail).
6/ my instinct and own conviction.