News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

The best drivers ever...

Started by BonzaiJoe, December 21, 2007, 09:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Not top 10 drivers but deserve to be mentioned as very good r a c e r s:

Ben Snel
Bismarck
CAP
Chulk
Dark Chaser
Diesel Joe
Dottore
Duplode
Fdzierva
Inavoeg
Juank23
Krys Toff
Mark L. Rivers
Mark Nailwood
Pershing II
Roy Forever
Tsino
Usrin
Vamologocomisso
XDude_NL
Zak McKracken

BonzaiJoe

Interesting theory Krys! Maybe it's true...
Renato Biker is not a ghost :) He's much better than Alain, and besides I've talked with him a lot and received his copy of Stunts and such. Ayrton: probably not a ghost either. Mingva: was probably helped on ZCT32. Myron: ghost.

Thank you all for overestimating me so much!  :)
Maybe I should stop racing before I blow my cover and you discover that I'm not really very good except in WSM liveracing :)
But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

Although I am not in a position to come up with such a list due to lack of experience, CTG's rank probably fits better to a "best ever" list - for instance, it's sure absolutely sure I'm not up to it as of now... BJ criteria is valid too, even if seemingly somewhat harder to apply (requiring more "what-if"s).

--------

Quote from: Akoss Poo on December 21, 2007, 03:37:05 PM
4 Alain(=Ayrton, Renato Biker, Duplode, Mark L. Rivers, sometimes Mingva etc.)

Thank you! It's just too flatering to see you think I'm as good as any of those five r?cers, I do not deserve it... or perhaps I could have misunderstood you?

(/Irony mode OFF)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on December 21, 2007, 09:53:46 AM
1. Renato Biker
2. Gutix
3. Ayrton
4. Argammon
5. Alain
6. Mark L. Rivers
7. CTG
8. Alan Rotoi
9. Bonzai Joe
10. Duplode/Dottore

(drivers like Roy Wiegerinck, Mark Nailwood and CAP were good in their day, but wouldn't survive on today's level)

Well... I'm really surprise, BJ... I wouldn't have thought to be so high in your ideal rank... Sure I'm really honoured, because you are a deep knower of Stunts racing, and sure your thought has a high weight!  :) But I also think that you overestimate me... I'm relatively young in the "circus", and I didn't race with many top drivers, at least not with my current skill. So it's quite difficult for me position myself in a ideal rank. And moreover, I have a  skill with some cars and another skill with other ones, so... it's really difficult for me too find the right allocation where placing myself... Anyway, between the strongest drivers I meet, I mention sure you and, in alphabetical order, Ayrton, Argammon, CTG, Dottore, Gutix and Renato Biker. All drivers who I consider globally better than me. I can't say nothing about past drivers. Between current ones, I'm glad to race with honour beside Chulk, Duplode, Krys TOFF and Zak McKracken. But, thinking well... I have a favourite driver to mention.... He's AbuRaf70, and I have not to explain why...  ;)
Anyway, it would be really fine seeing an high number of past and current drivers engaged in a event not long and not short, with an high number of cars... It could be very significative, indeed.... But maybe not all top drivers would want to measures themselves in a so clear race...  ;) 

Chulk

I don't really think a ranking can be done, because we will never know how much time did/does a r.acer spent in his replays. Maybe they say they don't spend much, but waste the whole day with a single replay. We could think he would be a great driver if he spent more time, while actually he spents a lot...
BTW, I've met Ayrton when he came to La Plata once. And he doesn't look like Rotoi at all. And I don't really think Alain would travel that far just to cover his ghost...

My ranking (Only including those I've raced against on many tracks)

1.  BJ
2.  Ayrton
3.  Renato Biker (Ayrton won 5-3 in 2006 season when they both raced, so that's why he's 3rd.)
4.  Guix
5.  Argammon
6.  Alain
7.  CTG
8.  Mark. L Rivers
9.  Akoss Poo
10. Dottore
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

List is a bit tricky: Argammon races only if he has chnce to win. So being absent means being unable to win in his his case. :D :P

JTK

Hey, what about me? In live races I also beat Akoss and once even BJ!
;D ;D ;D
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

zaqrack

you are the king of track designers - and the airport staff knows this as well :)

BonzaiJoe

Yep, you beat me in live racing, and I won the live racing competitions, so you must be the best live pipsqueak ever !
Was that when you sang the Diesel blues for me? Or was it another time?
But we can't be quite sure.

Argammon

CTG's comment: Bullshit as usual. I am not able to predict my ability from just seeing a track. Besides, after I missed the first track I don't even look at the tracks "inbetween". But I guess everyone knows that.

Next Point: I do not think that Diesel Joe is close to the top 10. IMO he is a bad driver. No insult intended... There should be around 70 drivers who I rank above him. And don't make me do a list  ;).

Even though I like BJ and don't want to insult him, I think many of you rank him to high because he has amazing live racing skills and was a big name in the past.

I could make a list but maybe shouldn't do so in order not to piss some people off.  ;D

Or does someone really want to see it?  :o

CTG

1, Diesel Joe is not that weak in skills but never took racing seriously. In some cases he showed his real good skills - that's why I wrote his name in the extended list (not close to top 10 but he's in the best 30-40).

2, BJ is not only an old champion and good in live racing but he can win any race when he really wants to.

3, Your list would say something like 1 Ayrton (or any SA champions from the past), 2 Argammon, 3 XY (1<--->2 is also possible), which is nonsense.

CTG

Anyway we can make points from the different top10 lists (10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1) and add them together. ;D

CTG

32 - Bonzai Joe
30 - Gutix
28 - Argammon
24 - Alain
22 - Ayrton
21 - Alan Rotoi
21 - Renato Biker
13 - CTG
11 - Akoss Poo
8 - Mark L. Rivers
4 - Roy Wiegerinck
3 - pArAnO
2 - Dottore
1 - Zak McKracken
1 - Duplode

I guess Chulk forgot about Alan Rotoi when he made his TOP10.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: Argammon on January 08, 2008, 10:49:11 AM
CTG's comment: Bullshit as usual. I am not able to predict my ability from just seeing a track. Besides, after I missed the first track I don't even look at the tracks "inbetween". But I guess everyone knows that.

Next Point: I do not think that Diesel Joe is close to the top 10. IMO he is a bad driver. No insult intended... There should be around 70 drivers who I rank above him. And don't make me do a list  ;).

Even though I like BJ and don't want to insult him, I think many of you rank him to high because he has amazing live racing skills and was a big name in the past.

I could make a list but maybe shouldn't do so in order not to piss some people off.  ;D

Or does someone really want to see it?  :o

I'm curious, please post it (your list) there or in private message.
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km

CTG

I also say you should post it, I want to laugh at your high ego. ;D