News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

The best drivers ever...

Started by BonzaiJoe, December 21, 2007, 09:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on February 01, 2013, 04:26:54 PM
Quote from: Duplode on February 01, 2013, 04:07:10 PM
Quote from: CTG on February 01, 2013, 03:16:29 PM
However, BJ would be the best example of the first category.

But BJ won seasons of nearly all major contests... (quoting the chronology: AkossStunts, IMSA Cup, ISM, Kalpen, USC, USL, ZakStunts.)
I promise I'll change that this season or the next one!!

That's the spirit, Nacho!

BonzaiJoe

But BJ won seasons of nearly all major contests... (quoting the chronology: AkossStunts, IMSA Cup, ISM, Kalpen, USC, USL, ZakStunts.)

Are you going to take away my championships?  :o Should I be scared?
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on February 02, 2013, 10:14:42 AM

Only if you used dopes (e.g. alcohol).

Chulk

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on February 02, 2013, 10:14:42 AM
Yeah, I realize now it was a confusing way to say it...

Quote from: CTG on February 02, 2013, 03:32:21 PM
Only if you used dopes (e.g. alcohol).
I thought alcohol was mandatory while playing stunts!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on February 02, 2013, 03:56:29 PM
I thought alcohol was mandatory while playing stunts!

That's only the Le Stunts rule. :D

BonzaiJoe

I confess. I used hex-editing, perfect replay simulators, penalty time removal scripts, cloaked car tuning and a secret magic carpet button. This is a very hard time for my kids  :'( But I was clean when I finished 7th in 2011.
But we can't be quite sure.

alanrotoi

Chulk

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on February 02, 2013, 06:52:57 PM
I confess. I used hex-editing, perfect replay simulators, penalty time removal scripts, cloaked car tuning and a secret magic carpet button.
At least you weren't a ghost...

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on February 02, 2013, 09:53:20 PM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on February 02, 2013, 06:52:57 PM
I confess. I used hex-editing, perfect replay simulators, penalty time removal scripts, cloaked car tuning and a secret magic carpet button.
At least you weren't a ghost...

He was a ghost. But not in 2011. (L.A. sucks! ;D)

Komeuppance

Haha... some of you guys take this waaaaaay too seriously.  ... or maybe I just don't have enough "racing discipline" lol.

BTW, what's "RH"??

-Robert

Chulk

Quote from: Komeuppance on February 05, 2013, 03:54:34 PM
Haha... some of you guys take this waaaaaay too seriously.  ... or maybe I just don't have enough "racing discipline" lol.

BTW, what's "RH"??

-Robert
RH stands for Replay Handling. It's basically continuing a replay after a mistake was made, by simply rewinding and continuing driving from the point before the mistake was made.
Take a look at the wiki for further reference on anything you may need (or just for the sake of an interesting reading ;))

http://wiki.stunts.hu/index.php/RH

Duplode

It would be more objective to classify pipsqueaks based on their different type of skills.

That reminds me of the card game talk a while ago, though I think there would be a lot of stats to fit in a card! For starters:

Tricks
Shortcuts
Slow cars
Fast cars
Powergear
RH
NoRH
Live racing
OWOOT
Tactics

That alone would be enough for a decent RPG (for instance, think of Pokémon game mechanics, except that instead of a trainer and his monsters there would be a team and its pipsqueaks).

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on February 11, 2013, 09:48:18 PM
That alone would be enough for a decent RPG (for instance, think of Pokémon game mechanics, except that instead of a trainer and his monsters there would be a team and its pipsqueaks).
I don't like Pokemon neither I have played its card game... would you mind enlightening me?

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on February 12, 2013, 01:04:53 AM
Quote from: Duplode on February 11, 2013, 09:48:18 PM
I don't like Pokemon neither I have played its card game... would you mind enlightening me?

In a nutshell: Maximum five creatures for each side, who fight one-on-one. Once a creature is KO'd, the next one takes its place. The order is decided mid-battle IIRC, so one can do tactical changes. Whoever KOs all creatures of the opponent wins. Health and statuses are carried over from each of the sub-battles to the next. (In the end it is like the tag team mode of, say, King of Fighters; except with RPG combat mechanics.)

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on February 12, 2013, 01:47:23 AM
(In the end it is like the tag team mode of, say, King of Fighters; except with RPG combat mechanics.)
Never like KoF much either, but I see the point. Something like MKII 4 fighters battle, right?