News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Poetry Fanats 2008

Started by BonzaiJoe, December 30, 2007, 04:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lised

P.S. In a little while, I'm going into town to spend the whole evening with poets and poetry. Maybe is has no effect (it sure has to me), but who cares  :D  :-*

CTG

Zak: so my replays are boring? Because there's no art in them. :D

CTG

Lise: you are talking like HR... ;D

BonzaiJoe

Sure there is art in your replays, CTG.

Anyway, what's the point of not living in a tree? Why shouldn't we remain in the stone age? What's the point of anything? Come up with a REALISTIC answer, CTG. Not something like "to feel better" :P
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

To play God. Human is more than animal - and we are getting closer and closer to be perfect. We can already make life in a lab. The reason of scientific evolution must be that.

lised

CTG

You must be very happy without knowing what HR is... ;)

human resources (managers), the most useless job on earth...

lised

Quote from: CTG on February 06, 2008, 12:02:59 AM
You must be very happy without knowing what HR is... ;)

human resources (managers), the most useless job on earth...

Ahh I see. Well I can think of many other reasons why poetry is important and one of the greatest things in the world, BUT I guess you were looking for something that would "improve the world" in this kind of way 

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: CTG on February 05, 2008, 09:37:56 PM
To play God. Human is more than animal - and we are getting closer and closer to be perfect. We can already make life in a lab. The reason of scientific evolution must be that.

Okay, I could have listed that among love, music, sports etc. Things people do to feel happy/inspired. For me it's poetry (and a lot of other things), for you it's playing God. I would find that rather tedious and pointless.
And yes, humans are more than animals. Animals don't write poetry.

We can't be perfect, because we all have different ideas of perfection. Hopefully we aren't getting closer to being perfect in your eyes.

CTG

I hope we will. Imagine a lot longer high-tech life - you would have 200 years to make music and read books... ;)

BonzaiJoe

Okay that's a good argument :) And that's my view on the role of science. It is a tool, to give us better opportunities for doing what it really is we want to do. In my case reading/writing poetry (and other things...)

lised

But I guess if we had 200 years we would produce less (if we knew that we once only had 80 years to), fx poems/year and we would have more days filled with frustration...I'm not sure it would be worth it.

CTG

Who knows the way how it changes your life if you have some extra years? If you don't have to hurry, you get more relaxed.

lised

Quote from: CTG on February 06, 2008, 01:12:18 AM
Who knows the way how it changes your life if you have some extra years? If you don't have to hurry, you get more relaxed.

yes that is one way it could go. But I fear I wouldn't be able to "relax more". I think I would expect myself to get much more out of life.

CTG

Once upon a time somebody said that punks have a nice life: music, sex, alcohol, drugs - die young but after a full life.