News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2008

Started by CTG, January 06, 2008, 01:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

CZE-POR 0-2
SUI-TUR 1-0

CRO-GER 2-3
AUT-POL 1-1

ITA-ROM 2-1
NED-FRA 0-0

SWE-ESP 0-1
GRE-RUS 2-1
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km

BonzaiJoe

CZE-POR 1-0
SUI-TUR 2-2

CRO-GER 0-2
AUT-POL 1-1

ITA-ROM 1-0
NED-FRA 2-1

SWE-ESP 0-2
GRE-RUS 0-1
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

About Spain - Russia: spanish team with David Villa was just awesome, the good-mediorce Russian team could do nothing against them. Having an eye on their unlucky past I don't say they have the biggest chance for the final success - but this team is VERY GOOD.

Sweden - Greece: boring first half, lucky short period for Sweden (they were significantly better than the winners of Euro2004). Ibrahimovic knows how to score really big goals (I remember his "fuckin' goal" /quote from Lothar Mattheus/ after the 90th minute versus Hungary few years ago - we lost that match because of that single goal...).

CTG

My new tips

CZE-POR 1-3
SUI-TUR 1-1

CRO-GER 1-2
AUT-POL 0-1

ITA-ROM 2-1
NED-FRA 1-1

SWE-ESP 1-2
GRE-RUS 1-1

CTG

I wonder if Euro2008 is also broadcasted in South America or not. Because there are no comments from Chulk and Duplode, although they used to have posts about football earlier.

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on June 11, 2008, 12:21:34 PM
I wonder if Euro2008 is also broadcasted in South America or not. Because there are no comments from Chulk and Duplode, although they used to have posts about football earlier.

All games are being broadcast on "open" TV channels here in Brazil, but unfortunately matches are being held in very inconvenient hours for me to watch them (all through afternoon, when I'm usually at University), so I don't feel very motivated to comment.  But anyway most results up to now were pretty likeable (bar Poland losing to Germany, but that would be unavoidable I guess) - I would like to see Netherlands or Spain winning something at last, let's see how will they stand to, say, Germany...

Krys TOFF

Quote from: DuplodeI would like to see Netherlands or Spain winning something at last
These 2 teams already won once the Euro champ : 1964 for spain (in Spain) and 1988 for Netherlands (in Western Germany). ;)

Duplode

Quote from: Krys TOFF on June 11, 2008, 06:24:07 PM
These 2 teams already won once the Euro champ : 1964 for spain (in Spain) and 1988 for Netherlands (in Western Germany). ;)

...but not on my lifetime - actually, just barely for Netherlands in '88, but still... :D

CTG

Portugal is damned good! Today they showed up a brilliant performance with (dirty) C. Ronaldo and Deco. But they have serious problems at the back, their keeper is not as good as he was 4 years ago. Czechs played better than last time but this won't be enough versus Switzerland. On the other hand UEFA will "keep" one of the organizers to the knockout phase, simply because of financial advantages.

SUI-TUR in half time: irrealistic playground, lucky goal for the enthusiastic helvets. I guess both team will suffer from getting cold later because of this heavy raining.

BonzaiJoe

I thought both Portugal and CR played really well actually, I'm sure CR will have no problem beating Switzerland to the quarter finals. And a goal from Libor Sionko, who couldn't score when I saw FC København and AGF draw 1-1 in April :)

Quarter finals will be:

Germany vs Czech Republic
Portugal vs Croatia
Netherlands vs Russia
Spain vs France

Semis:

Germany vs Portugal
Russia vs Spain

I'll continue a bit later :)

CTG

SUI-TUR: nice battle in the pool from two mediorce teams. Poor SUI, as for me they were slightly better. Draw would be more realistic. (And skid off Osmans, you killed my bet at iwiw Euro2008 game >:()

Finally we had several goals in the last two days (first day: 3, second: 3, third: 3, yesterday: 7, today: 7), promising tendency. ;)

Chulk

ESPN broadcasts every match in Argentina. But I'm really busy lately and I'm not even logging in around here often. About Netherlands, I'm not surprised they kicked Italy's ass. Cannavaro's injury was the key to unluck Italy's famous cattenaccio. About Germany, I wasn't surprised either, although I don't really like them for having a lot of nationalized players in their (un)National Team.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Chulk

My tips for tomorrow matches:

CRO 1 - 3 GER
AUT 0 - 1 POL

And for friday in case I can't loggin tomorrow:

ITA 2 - 1 ROU
NED 2 - 1 FRA
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on June 11, 2008, 10:20:31 PM
I thought both Portugal and CR played really well actually, I'm sure CR will have no problem beating Switzerland to the quarter finals. And a goal from Libor Sionko, who couldn't score when I saw FC København and AGF draw 1-1 in April :)

Quarter finals will be:

Germany vs Czech Republic
Portugal vs Croatia
Netherlands vs Russia
Spain vs France

Semis:

Germany vs Portugal
Russia vs Spain

I'll continue a bit later :)

These are NOT tips/bets, but quarter finals will be:

Portugal-Croatia
Germany-Czech Republic
Holland-Sweden
Spain-Italy

Semi finals:

Portugal-Germany
Holland-Italy

Final:

Germany-Italy

Well, these are my guesses

Turkey found their form yesterday. They are still missing Hakan Sükür, Halil Altintop and Bastürk, thanks to Fatih Terim, so I think they will lose against the Czechs.
I really hope Croatia will win against Germany, but they won't.
Italy sucked on their first match, but France and Romania were even much worse, so they will be good for qualification. And Italy finds its form always towards the end of the tournament.
One surprise might happen in the quarter finals: Croatia or Sweden are good for a huge upset on their day.
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km

BonzaiJoe

Croatia - Germany  1 - 0 at half time... Could be a surprise before half time :)  If Germany blows it vs Austria and Austria also wins against Poland, it will be Austria and Croatia in the quarter finals!

But that will not happen. The current game will either end 1-1 or 1-2, Austria and Poland will probably draw, and Germany will most definitely beat Austria.